We're Done Here

Pages 1 2 NEXT

We're Done Here

This is for all you Twitter folks.

Read Full Article

There's a time and a place for everything. Especially for walking away.

...And it's my ball!

You may think you're taking the ball with you, but you're also leaving two there.

No, it's my ball! I'm telling mum on you!

Also, that beard and glasses combo... The hipster is strong in this one..

Some folks can be problematic to talk with IRC, and the best choice is to walk away to let things cool down.

And if its the internet? Who cares what others think of you (except when they do care. It's complicated)

Erin doesn't look at explosions

Also: OMG BABY ERIN ADORABLE. <3

Phrases like like this (alongside "discussion over", "I'm done with you", etc.) always amused me
I always considered that they mean "I'm too stupid/ignorant to continue this discussion and too proud to admit it"

Some may say that they can also mean "I don't have time for this", but I disagree
"I don't have time for this" usually is the phrase that means "I don't have time for this" ;)

It's okay, that guy is a hipster, he probably deserved it.

Ha jokes on them. I still got my own ball to play with :P

I fairness, Little Erin looks like she could do a lot of damage if she wanted to.

Hell, maybe it's for the best she walks away. In a huff. With her ball.

Daystar Clarion:

I was about to say the same thing. Is it wrong of me to want to punch that guy? He's got such a punchable face.

Grey Carter:
This is for all you Twitter folks.

Miaow.

You really like having the last word, don't you? :-P

Fappy:

Daystar Clarion:

I was about to say the same thing. Is it wrong of me to want to punch that guy? He's got such a punchable face.

So punchable.

With his hipster glasses and his hipster facial hair.

So very, very punchable.

Fappy:

Daystar Clarion:

See, I was going to say "Yes, it is wrong" because he has a fantastic moustache, but now that you've pointed it out, I kinda want to punch it too.

OT: Also it makes me laugh whenever I see some version of "We're done here" whether it be here or on other places. For the most part, you've just admitted you were too stupid to continue discussing the topic, and were idiotic for arguing in the first place.

Thats what happens with the 140 character limit. Everyone thinks their some great comedian or nihilistic misanthrope

nihilistic misanthrope... /vomit

It's like a tweet presented in serialized pictures.

I like it.

blackrave:
Phrases like like this (alongside "discussion over", "I'm done with you", etc.) always amused me
I always considered that they mean "I'm too stupid/ignorant to continue this discussion and too proud to admit it"

Some may say that they can also mean "I don't have time for this", but I disagree
"I don't have time for this" usually is the phrase that means "I don't have time for this" ;)

Actually, it often means "The potential rewards I estimate might come from this discussion are nowhere near the time/energy investment needed to continue it. As a result, I'm terminating it and moving to a more productive and/or satisfying activity.". Just because someone doesn't want to continue talking with you doesn't mean you've "won" or whatever, it might just mean you're being a prick and they don't want to waste energy on you...

Jandau:

Actually, it often means "The potential rewards I estimate might come from this discussion are nowhere near the time/energy investment needed to continue it. As a result, I'm terminating it and moving to a more productive and/or satisfying activity.". Just because someone doesn't want to continue talking with you doesn't mean you've "won" or whatever, it might just mean you're being a prick and they don't want to waste energy on you...

"Reward"?
There is a reward?
Man, I must have been doing discussions wrong :/

The Artificially Prolonged:
Ha jokes on them. I still got my own balls to play with :P

Fixed that for you dear!

Liked the strip, the cool look thing never really works in real life, does it?

blackrave:
[quote="Jandau" post="6.408449.17068410"]
Actually, it often means "The potential rewards I estimate might come from this discussion are nowhere near the time/energy investment needed to continue it.

Also known as "Any discussion on the Internet ever"

Aw man, I came here expecting the comic to be something else.

Although, if the ball in the third panel was Wheatley, that would've made up for it.

At first, I thought it was going to be a joke about Portal 2

Never have I been so wrong ._.

Heh, very true.

Mind you, sometimes you get stuck in a debate with someone who thinks its a good idea to make a ladder out of bread to climb to the moon and mine it for cheese. You don't have many options when that happens.

Awwww. :D Little kid Erin is such a cute little snot nosed brat.

Great comic!

Jandau:

blackrave:

By natrual extension then, almost any discussion on the internet is a waste of time since there is nothing to gain from it.

...so nothing new.

*Edit*

Sean Deli:

blackrave:
[quote="Jandau" post="6.408449.17068410"]
Actually, it often means "The potential rewards I estimate might come from this discussion are nowhere near the time/energy investment needed to continue it.

Also known as "Any discussion on the Internet ever"

God dammit...

blackrave:

I was just thinking with amusement this morning about the one you might hear from a Victorian or Edwardian gentleman:
gent: "and now I will bid you good day sir!"
miscreant: "but I..."
gent: "I said GOOD DAY sir!"

I'm sorry but any point the comic was trying to make was derailed by that guy's facial hair.

He deserved it.

End of story.

Ha, love the last panel :D

Do we get any context for this? Are we talking about breaking up with someone, quitting a job, walking away from someone trying to chat you up at the bar?

Are Grey and Cory leaving us? What is the deep hidden meaning behind this weeks comic!?! I need to know

-M

I don't know about the "we're done here" thing, but I've noticed on XBox Live there's a lot of people who keep saying "I'm done" over and over again when someone's doing better than them. They never seem to actually quit the game or anything...Just:

"OH MY GOD! HE JUST SHOT ME! I'm done."

"I'VE BEEN SHOT AGAIN! I'm done!"

"This kid just killed me before I killed him! I'm done. I AM DONE."

Chrono212:
I fairness, Little Erin looks like she could do a lot of damage if she wanted to.

Hell, maybe it's for the best she walks away. In a huff. With her ball.

Given the way she handles spiders, I'd be surprised if she used anything less than a grenade to handle such an interaction.

rofltehcat:
Ha, love the last panel :D

I never would have guessed. >.>

On a completely unrelated note, I love your avatar. Where's it from?

Can you make an adapted one for these forums?

For the people who post very rude replies towards somebody, finished with "I am not going to respond any more, so don't bother quoting me".

Jandau:

blackrave:

Actually, it often means "The potential rewards I estimate might come from this discussion are nowhere near the time/energy investment needed to continue it. As a result, I'm terminating it and moving to a more productive and/or satisfying activity.".

It might just mean you're being a prick and they don't want to waste energy on you...

There is always the option to simply not respond (after all, who re-quotes somebody to continue a discussion if the first quote was ignored, just to get them to respond?) Or to put people on your ignore list.

Just because someone doesn't want to continue talking with you doesn't mean you've "won" or whatever,

Although this is very true. More often than not, if I do not respond to a post (assuming it's in a debate), it's because I am starting to feel like I'm bashing my head against a wall, for all the good my responses are doing. So I drop the discussion to keep my sanity (and forum health metre) intact.

New drinking game: Take a shot every time you see a post with this phrase in it, on these forums.

It's vague enough for me to agree with!

As much as I like Twitter, this is true.

okay, the second panel is officially the coolest thing ever.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here