Reel Physics: True Lies - You're Fired

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

True Lies - You're Fired

Jason and Colby arm themselves with some pretty powerful puns in this very special episode.

Watch Video

There'd better be a goddamned season 2, this is the only good new show The Escapist has produced in over a year :(

If not, Youtube :D

I demand more science!

And if for some reason the escapist guys are fool enough to not look into a new season. I recommend you go the way of extra credits. Head on over to PA and do it there.

I really hope this comes back. Regardless, fantastic stuff. :)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I wasn't mentally prepared for the season finale. I love the show, it would be a real pity if we didn't get a season 2.

Anyway, even if they didn't know about it beforehand, they still managed to have something epic in the final episode: The "Cheeeeeeeeeeeeese Battle!" XD XD XD

Well, it's a real shame they won't be doing a new one for the forseeable future. I always watch this one first on Tuesdays.

As for this video: Why take the acceleration from a plane traveling at nearly Mach 1, when the Harrier is hovering in it's own spot?

Too bad you lost the Cheese Battle Colby but, air-to-air

puts on sunglasses

...is human.

Oi Escapist, you can't cancel Reel Physics, this show is reelly good!

Also, The Netherlands is nowhere near Iceland, so please don't get us confused.

Hey everyone...
Sad day here at Reel Physics... this is our wrap-up for Season One and it is unclear if we will see a Season Two. We are crossing our fingers.
We loved doing it and we loved reading all of the great comments and feedback that you guys offered every week in response to the show.

The first disappointment is not being able to cover Fast and Furious 6... which we had planned a month of episodes for...

But the biggest disappointment is not being able to see all of you at the Expo. I was there last year and I may go again this year on my own so if you see me, be sure to speak up and say hi.

Thanks again everyone! It was a blast doing the show for you!

Jason Dean
REEL PHYSICS

There must be a season two.... Science demands it!!!

WHAT! WAIT! WHY????

Why Escapist? Why do you hate science?

In all seriousness, I'm going to miss you guys, best of luck.

Aww :(
Reel sorry to see you guys go. I do hope you get picked up for a season two, either (preferably) here or anmywhere else on the web.

Is there anything we can do for Season 2?

Seriously, bring this show back. I love it so much! Science!

What? Whyyy? This was my favorite show on the Escapist! Even more than ZP! How many more PubClubs do I have to buy? Can we get a kickstarter?

Also, EFF YEAH WHATABURGER.

Season 2! Season 2!

Quickly running out of reasons to visit escapist magazine. I'm now down to 3: ZP, Escape to the Movies, and Critical Miss. This is not a slight against any of their other programs. These are simply the ones that interested me enough to visit regularly. I understand that "it's business," but it sucks that they didn't give you guys enough notice that you could have a better send off.

Anakinnnn:
Hey everyone...
Sad day here at Reel Physics... this is our wrap-up for Season One and it is unclear if we will see a Season Two. We are crossing our fingers.
We loved doing it and we loved reading all of the great comments and feedback that you guys offered every week in response to the show.

The first disappointment is not being able to cover Fast and Furious 6... which we had planned a month of episodes for...

But the biggest disappointment is not being able to see all of you at the Expo. I was there last year and I may go again this year on my own so if you see me, be sure to speak up and say hi.

Thanks again everyone! It was a blast doing the show for you!

Jason Dean
REEL PHYSICS

Bah, this is one of those times I really wish for more transparency. Why in the world does this get axed? Shows like this go by the wayside and we get stuck with a product placement ad for a show each week (looking at you Wishlist). I was more then happy to follow Checkpoint and Extra Creditz to PA, so if you get another home be sure to let us know. Well, I know it's not much, but take my random-stranger-on-the-internet high five and salute, you were the most entertaining show currently on the Escapist and I'm sad to see it go. For now I'll subscribe to the Youtubes and hope for good news soon.

I'm pretty sure 13 g's of acceleration is survivable - Aziz would probably lose consciousness, though. I'm pretty sure John Stapp survived a deceleration in the region of 46 g's. I also remember reading studies on this subject - survivability also depends on the direction of the acceleration - if I recall correctly, humans are especially vulnerable if the acceleration is on a plane parallel to the spine.

I think the guys are definitely onto something with the CHEEEEEEEESE BATTLE. Rather appropriate that Colby emerged triumphant, seeing as his first name IS a type of cheese.

Reel Physics is going away but Miracle of Sound is still here?

That is a crime.

Kickstart season two right away. I don't want to see Reel Physics go away.

deth2munkies:
There'd better be a goddamned season 2, this is the only good new show The Escapist has produced in over a year :(

pretentiousname01:
I demand more science!

And if for some reason the escapist guys are fool enough to not look into a new season. I recommend you go the way of extra credits. Head on over to PA and do it there.

Hey guys, thanks so very much for the words of encouragement. But the credit goes to The Escapist for the show. They financed us and got us going and took a chance on us. Reel Physics is part of the Escapist family of shows and is not something I can run off with, nor would I. I owe the show's success to them. If they see fit to renew us for a season two, then Colby and I will be ready and willing. But until then, there's no options to pursue the show elsewhere I am afraid.

I have been a personal fan of this site for years long before I approached them with show ideas and I was honored and humbled they even gave me the time of day... so for me, it was a hell of a fun ride even if we only made it 23 episodes. I was sure hoping to make it a year or more. We were committed to doing the show for as long as there was an audience.

I really do feel like we were just hitting our stride. We tried to make the show entertaining, informative, and most certainly unpredictable with our humor. This week was a cheese battle... last week was the Queen/Cobra Commander duet... you saw us in Empire Strikes Back... and riding in a car with Ice Cube... so you just never knew what you might see in the latest episode. But apparently, the show alienated too many people with the heavy math and calculations and we never truly got a chance at finding a larger audience due to that.

Once again, I want to thank everyone for the absolutely fantastic feedback. Many of you even said this was your favorite show on the Escapist and that is the best compliment I could ever have hoped for.

Jason Dean
REEL PHYSICS

Anakinnnn:

~words~

Jason Dean
REEL PHYSICS

Surly you guys could go the route of ENN and simply re-brand? They became Checkpoint, why wouldn't that work here?

Nooooooo! I'm terrible at math and barely understand any of it, but you guys are super entertaining and I'll be really sad to see you go... I hope that if you don't get the show back on Escapist some time, that you'll show up on YouTube or some other place to keep doing this.

I'm going to miss you =<...

OT: I really like this show. It's funny (most of the time) and very informative. I really hope you guys get a second season. Best of luck to yah.

Anakinnnn:
But apparently, the show alienated too many people with the heavy math and calculations and we never truly got a chance at finding a larger audience due to that.

Once again, I want to thank everyone for the absolutely fantastic feedback. Many of you even said this was your favorite show on the Escapist and that is the best compliment I could ever have hoped for.

Jason Dean
REEL PHYSICS

The maths and physics heavy episodes really were my favourites. I've been wanting to set up a Reel Physics Group, but I kept putting it off, and now it's kinda too late.

However the amount of comments on the episodes had been dropping for a while, and I was somewhat expecting the show to get dropped eventually, unless more people started watching again. A real shame to see you guys go, and if I do make it to the Expo this year I'll definitely say "hi."

Anakinnnn:

deth2munkies:

pretentiousname01:
I demand more science!

Hey guys, thanks so very much for the words of encouragement. But the credit goes to The Escapist for the show. They financed us and got us going and took a chance on us. Reel Physics is part of the Escapist family of shows and is not something I can run off with, nor would I. I owe the show's success to them. If they see fit to renew us for a season two, then Colby and I will be ready and willing. But until then, there's no options to pursue the show elsewhere I am afraid.

I have been a personal fan of this site for years long before I approached them with show ideas and I was honored and humbled they even gave me the time of day... so for me, it was a hell of a fun ride even if we only made it 23 episodes. I was sure hoping to make it a year or more. We were committed to doing the show for as long as there was an audience.

I really do feel like we were just hitting our stride. We tried to make the show entertaining, informative, and most certainly unpredictable with our humor. This week was a cheese battle... last week was the Queen/Cobra Commander duet... you saw us in Empire Strikes Back... and riding in a car with Ice Cube... so you just never knew what you might see in the latest episode. But apparently, the show alienated too many people with the heavy math and calculations and we never truly got a chance at finding a larger audience due to that.

Jason Dean
REEL PHYSICS

Doesn't stop me wanting more >:(

I liked somebody actually making the calculations, even if some were educated guesstimates, to see what would really happen. Was a pleasure to watch and tickle the maths-geek inside me :)

Even if you don't get a second season (and dear god i hope you do) thanks for the first one was a lot of laughs ^^

I demand more physics! If anything, I want to see whether or not that whole "falling to earth" scene in the newest Star Trek is even possible!

They bring back generic Top 5 garbage but get rid of you guys??

Reel Physics is, unquestionably, one of the best shows on this site. It's informative and has a unique sense of humor. Sorry to hear that you're getting cut. Don't stop making the show, I'd think you'll be able to find someone to fund it!

C'mon Escapist you gotta bring these guys back. Most of the math goes over my head, but they're still fun to watch.

BTW, Colby still won.

I hope there is a season 2 as well. Ever since it started I've been watching every episode since the series inception, and I've found it to be one of the most entertaining and informative shows here. It's one of the best new things here, and I really hope you guys can continue. Good luck guys.

WHY?!
WHY WHY WHY? I guess you guys weren't getting the page hits required? If that's the case I can't really blame Susan, however it REALLY sucks that you wern't giving more fair warning. And it really should come back for season 2!

I'll definitely follow you around the web, I've been a massive fan ever since the first episode of the show. I hope this isn't the start of the Escapist 'Dumbing down' under it's new corporate overlords

Chin up guys, in the words of the 9th doctor; You were FANTASTIC!

Hope there's a season 2, this show is worlds better then any of the videos the Escapist runs on Thursday.

I am now sad. This was one of my favorite shows here. It always give me a math boner, and feeling like all that time spent in physic's class wasn't wasted.

JenSeven:
Oi Escapist, you can't cancel Reel Physics, this show is reelly good!

Also, The Netherlands is nowhere near Iceland, so please don't get us confused.

I've watched and enjoyed every episode (I'm a sucker for puns and movie science), but apparently not many other people have. :(

WE WANT MORE, WE WANT MORE, WE WANT MORE, WE WANT MORE, WE WANT MORE, WE WANT MORE, WE WANT MORE, WE WANT MORE, WE WANT MORE, WE WANT MORE, WE WANT MORE, WE WANT MORE, WE WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There better be season 2!
You just started
CHEEEEESSEEEE BAATTTLEEEEEEE!!!

By the way, when you say 3 of the people find the show funny, you're pretty close, I'm one of the three, but me you find in Finland :D

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here