Reel Physics: True Lies - You're Fired

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

What the, there goes the best show on the Escapist?

Come back guys.

Kross:
I've watched and enjoyed every episode (I'm a sucker for puns and movie science), but apparently not many other people have. :(

You mean it didn't/doesn't have that many viewers?

Gah. People can't appreciate science.

Maybe you people should give ZP and EttM a break for 4 or so weeks and air the other shows instead.

Johkmil:
I'll repost what I wrote at the petition:
A brilliant show that I enjoyed without having any experience with physics whatsoever. (Except, of course, for actually living in a world with it) In the end I actually felt I was beginning to learn and predict the formulas, so it was not just entertainment.
Finally, the Queen/Cobra Commander duet should be enough for anyone to demand a second run.

It will be missed

Thanks so much for signing! Everyone, if you loved the show as much as I did please sign this so we can give it to the escapist so they know what kind of following Reel Physics has! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/give-us-moar-reel-physics/

neo125899:

Johkmil:
I'll repost what I wrote at the petition:
A brilliant show that I enjoyed without having any experience with physics whatsoever. (Except, of course, for actually living in a world with it) In the end I actually felt I was beginning to learn and predict the formulas, so it was not just entertainment.
Finally, the Queen/Cobra Commander duet should be enough for anyone to demand a second run.

It will be missed

Thanks so much for signing! Everyone, if you loved the show as much as I did please sign this so we can give it to the escapist so they know what kind of following Reel Physics has! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/give-us-moar-reel-physics/

We are up to 16 signatures including myself by the way. i know there are way more than just 15 people other than me who enjoyed this show!

I guess it's fitting, then, that the title of this episode is "You're Fired."

Sorry. I actually really enjoy the show and I'm pretty sad to see it go. You guys had a really interesting concept for this show, and I feel like it contributed a lot to the Escapist. Hopefully we'll see you back here some day.

I hope The Escapist renews the show, I actually quite enjoyed this series.

I greatly enjoy this series and I would be sad to see it go. Please renew for season 2

Please come back for a second season! You guys are an awesome bridge between Unskippable and Zero Punctuation. You also make physics really fun!

This thread needs more posts because we all could use more reel physics.

C'mon people!!

While I'd love to see more episodes of Reel Physics, I wanted to ask the community that was created by this show for suggestions. In case there isn't another season, are there any suggestions for other shows out there with similar content to Reel Physics, or is there perhaps just a site to have similar conversations to those that developed in the forum related to this series?

I love the video and the series. It has quickly become my favorite series on the site! Please season 2.

This is one of the best shows on the Escapist, I hope there is a season two. All you guys got to do is just take a big pay cut. Then they'll definitely have you back for "season 2".

The world definitely needs more Cheese Battles...

Loved the show guys. Here's hoping for a season two!

Kross:

JenSeven:
Oi Escapist, you can't cancel Reel Physics, this show is reelly good!

Also, The Netherlands is nowhere near Iceland, so please don't get us confused.

I've watched and enjoyed every episode (I'm a sucker for puns and movie science), but apparently not many other people have. :(

Should try reshaping the show so that it isn't as intimidating for people.

My favorite part has been the math and the bloopers, personally.

Shame to see it go. I imagine the time slot will get History Channeled :(.

I'm learning the exact math you guys explain in the show. I hope that you guys stay for another season. Kinda helps motivate mastering something I'm extremely bad at.

Maybe I missed it, but wouldn't the added weight of the terrorist have altered the trajectory of the missile (which I think has a fairly finely attuned guidance system), so that he could curve down into the building, not straight through?

I want a season 2.

This show instantly turned into my favorite series from episode 1. Really disappointed in you Escapist. You don't just go and say "hey guys! you know the show you're doing? Yeah. This episode is the last". At least they're talking about seasons which makes me hopeful it will come back as a season 2. But I still think its bad that they're not being more transparent about this.

Oh. And if there ever comes a season 2. Please don't let it take 2 years like with Lisa Foiles.

Rogjah:
Maybe they should add an attractive young woman to the cast. It might up the view count. :P Either that or introduce some facet that is controversial and will rile people up.

Man... this with Lisa Foiles would be the most arousing thing on the internet. Seriously.

What?! Last episode? That's ridiculousness, the Escapist has to bring you guys back for another round of videos. Regardless, now subscribed to both YouTube channels.

Anakinnnn:

deth2munkies:
There'd better be a goddamned season 2, this is the only good new show The Escapist has produced in over a year :(

If not, Youtube :D

pretentiousname01:
I demand more science!

And if for some reason the escapist guys are fool enough to not look into a new season. I recommend you go the way of extra credits. Head on over to PA and do it there.

Hey guys, thanks so very much for the words of encouragement. But the credit goes to The Escapist for the show. They financed us and got us going and took a chance on us. Reel Physics is part of the Escapist family of shows and is not something I can run off with, nor would I. I owe the show's success to them. If they see fit to renew us for a season two, then Colby and I will be ready and willing. But until then, there's no options to pursue the show elsewhere I am afraid.

I have been a personal fan of this site for years long before I approached them with show ideas and I was honored and humbled they even gave me the time of day... so for me, it was a hell of a fun ride even if we only made it 23 episodes. I was sure hoping to make it a year or more. We were committed to doing the show for as long as there was an audience.

I really do feel like we were just hitting our stride. We tried to make the show entertaining, informative, and most certainly unpredictable with our humor. This week was a cheese battle... last week was the Queen/Cobra Commander duet... you saw us in Empire Strikes Back... and riding in a car with Ice Cube... so you just never knew what you might see in the latest episode. But apparently, the show alienated too many people with the heavy math and calculations and we never truly got a chance at finding a larger audience due to that.

Once again, I want to thank everyone for the absolutely fantastic feedback. Many of you even said this was your favorite show on the Escapist and that is the best compliment I could ever have hoped for.

Jason Dean
REEL PHYSICS

Well I always thought your calculations were speed through, but that was part of the show; hell that is part of physics, as an just graduated senior in Highschool going to university to study astrophysics I would really like to thank you; mostly no one is doing any sort of interesting science outreach, especially in physics, and this show was very enjoyable without understanding the math/physics and was really showing how interesting and fun physics can be, so thank you. And I hope that the escapist gives you a second season, best of luck to you and its been fun.

Hey everyone,
I just wanted to say, one last time here...

All of these comments have really made the show finale a bittersweet ending. You guys were a fantastic audience and a fun group of people to interact with. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Every Tuesday was my favorite day of the week just to see how people responded to the episode and what kind of conversations we would stir up... be it from the show content or the comedy moments or even the bloopers. I never really knew from one week to the next what kind of reaction I would get... and I was grateful every week to see people laugh and ponder and question and criticize the show. When people reacted in a positive way, that meant we were doing something right and it was such a rare occasion for anyone to ever truly say a bad word about us.

Thanks one last time to everyone who supported the show and enjoyed the content. We really did put our heart and soul into it. For us, this wasn't just some "internet show"... it really was something we truly enjoyed and looked forward to every week... and what a great group of people The Escapist is for allowing us to give it a go!

Really, everyone, you have made the show end on such high note with all of the fantastic responses here that I have no regrets at all.

And once again, as I always say.... Thanks for watching!

Gratefully yours,
Jason Dean
REEL PHYSICS

Reel Physics is one of the better shows that the Escapist has had. I watch a fair amount of films, so Reel Physics gives me new perspectives on films that I've seen. I would be in favour of a season two.

I tend to tune out at the blooper reel because it tends to be long, and I wouldn't be surprised if others tune out as well. If the Escapist metrics are not counting people that tune out at the bloopers, then perhaps the metrics are incorrect with respect to the number of people considered to be watching the show.

Excludos:
This show instantly turned into my favorite series from episode 1. Really disappointed in you Escapist. You don't just go and say "hey guys! you know the show you're doing? Yeah. This episode is the last". At least they're talking about seasons which makes me hopeful it will come back as a season 2. But I still think its bad that they're not being more transparent about this.

Oh. And if there ever comes a season 2. Please don't let it take 2 years like with Lisa Foiles.

Exactly how are we not being transparent? I stated it pretty clearly - we love the show, but not enough people watched it.

This is definitely my favorite show on The Escapist. Please bring it back soon. <3

I loved every one of your videos and I really hope we get to see some more. Plus you got +1 more subscriber on Youtube

More please Escapist.

Bring back reel physics =*(
The show is great and even if I don't understand half of the science (any) I still enjoy their banter.

By the way, if any of you guys are interested, this is a finished Theater Room I designed almost 10 years ago now. It's just one of the many videos you will find on my Youtube channel and I figured some of you might find it interesting. This is totally impromptu with no script and barely any editing. But some of you may find some of my other ideas as fun as I did.

http://youtu.be/68tbrBS3nv4

Jason Dean
REEL PHYSICS

I really hope that you guys get renewed. You guys earned a spot in my weekly video schedule and I don't want to have to fill that void!

Also, I actually really loved the Cheese Battle.

Nope. Need season 2. C'mon Escapist, don't leave us hangin'. This was a great show that had an awesome premise behind it, and hosts that clearly enjoyed what they were doing. At the very least, they deserve a far better send off then what they received here!

GRRRR! I will not allow it, you did not do a mech related video yet! By the power invested in me by Cthulu, I hereby command... Oh God, I cannot let that one go!

Sure the advanced math goes over my head but this show is just so good. I hope you get a season 2 I really do.

Anakinnnn:
But apparently, the show alienated too many people with the heavy math and calculations and we never truly got a chance at finding a larger audience due to that.

I've always been awful at math, and yet I still watched the show each week. I'm a bit of a film buff, so regardless of whether or not I'm able to follow along with the calculations, it's still a lot of fun seeing what would really (reelly?) happen.

I hope you guys get to continue your series - if you do, I'll definitely be watching it. If not, though... thank you for the fun, the laughs, and the mind-boggling math!

To bad you guys didn't get the viewer count that the big E needs to keep you on.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here