Movie Trailers: The Wolverine - Trailer

The Wolverine - Trailer

Logan turns his sights to Japan in the latest film to focus on the iconic hero.

Watch Video

Great cuz I really needed a Wolverine movie where X-men 3 was cannon ~_~

DVS BSTrD:

I was thinking that too, but then I saw a big robot samurai. All criticisms are pretty much invalid after that.

Well, if his healing factor is kaput, hopefully he starts carrying around a pack of bandages to fix his hands up.

Also, I've got $10 that says that offering him mortality is just a ploy to kill him off because he did [x] or can stop [x].

TKretts3:

DVS BSTrD:

I was thinking that too, but then I saw a big robot samurai. All criticisms are pretty much invalid after that.

Only if your name is Movie Bob
*cough*Sucker Punch*cough*

Maybe now that they're focusing on one guy as opposed to a dozen superheroes they can actually get some developing done.

Johnny Novgorod:
Maybe now that they're focusing on one guy as opposed to a dozen superheroes they can actually get some developing done.

They did that once. It was called X-Men Origins. It was shit shit shit shit shit. As such, I am not filled with high hopes here.

The big problem is that Wolverine is kinda boring for a movie. His only powers are the ability to get hit hard and sprouting claws. It's not a dynamic skillset. Spider-man is fun to watch because due to his abilities he can flip around, shoot webs, and fight in an acrobatic exciting manner. X-men worked because while all of them had pretty one-dimensional fighting skills, having them all together kept it from getting monotonous. A movie with just Cyclops would run out of Steam fast since all he can do is shoot eye lasers. With Wolverine it's similar. All he can do is slash things with claws. That gets really tedious and it will take a lot of effort to keep fight scenes exciting.

Comic Sans:

Johnny Novgorod:

They did that once. It was called X-Men Origins. It was shit shit shit shit shit. As such, I am not filled with high hopes here.

The big problem is that Wolverine is kinda boring for a movie. His only powers are the ability to get hit hard and sprouting claws. It's not a dynamic skillset. Spider-man is fun to watch because due to his abilities he can flip around, shoot webs, and fight in an acrobatic exciting manner. X-men worked because while all of them had pretty one-dimensional fighting skills, having them all together kept it from getting monotonous. A movie with just Cyclops would run out of Steam fast since all he can do is shoot eye lasers. With Wolverine it's similar. All he can do is slash things with claws. That gets really tedious and it will take a lot of effort to keep fight scenes exciting.

But didn't they have Gambit and Sabretooth and Deadpool and Cyclops and a whole bunch of other muties in that movie? The new movie seems to be about Wolverine alone, give or take a Jean Grey cameo, and a bunch of samurai-themed enemies nobody heard/cares about. I too think Wolverine can be boring as hell but maybe now that they're making a movie really entirely about him the makers will find a way of keep things interesting.

I hope the game of this will be as good as the last

Johnny Novgorod:

Comic Sans:

Johnny Novgorod:

But didn't they have Gambit and Sabretooth and Deadpool and Cyclops and a whole bunch of other muties in that movie? The new movie seems to be about Wolverine alone, give or take a Jean Grey cameo, and a bunch of samurai-themed enemies nobody heard/cares about. I too think Wolverine can be boring as hell but maybe now that they're making a movie really entirely about him the makers will find a way of keep things interesting.

theultimateend:

Johnny Novgorod:

Comic Sans:

Nope. Cool poster though.

Wouldn't be too surprised if they introduced Lady Deathstrike for this movie, given where it's taking place.

Edit: After some reading I just realized that she was supposedly in the second x-men movie... Huh

Johnny Novgorod:
Nope. Cool poster though.

Surprising. He was in just about every collectible marvel series in the 90's.

Cards, Toys, and Cartoons.

I dunno, with the stable of villains Wolverine has fought in the comics it's pretty hard for me to get excited about Wolverine fight loads of normal dudes, even if they are ninja and samurai dudes. Even without healing it still seems pretty unfair as Wolverine has a hundred plus years of fighting experience so I dunno. Wolverine vs normal dudes just doesn't cut it at this point. Then again the last Wolverine movie should have just been renamed random mutants fight for vague or no reason. Ah well...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here