Escape to the Movies: Furious 6

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Furious 6

MovieBob leads us through the streets with a hard driving Vin Diesel at the wheel.

Watch Video

So how was the Hangover Part 3?

As long as it's better then 2 Fast 2 Furious.
I've heard that Diesel engines were slow to start, but this is way too long.

A pairing with less tangible chemistry? Well let me tell you why I hate sand...

Also, there's six of these movies? Six? And they're making a seventh?! How many movie franchises out there that weren't based on a book series had more than SIX films?!

...ok Star Trek and soon Star Wars, but aside from those...

I was waiting for you to say: hey kids! This movie is Avengers, for douchebags. I might check this out later, when it comes in DVD/Blu Ray

Chessrook44:

Also, there's six of these movies? Six? And they're making a seventh?! How many movie franchises out there that weren't based on a book series had more than SIX films?!

I think the bigger question is, how many franchises get this far, and are still good / getting better? (according to Bob. I've only seen 1 and 5)

Chessrook44:

Damn ninja'd. I was going to say those 2. never mind. I second this.

Are the end credits leading up to a crossover with Gone in 60 Seconds?

I'd actually like to see that.

Heck, I'll go watch Gone in 60 seconds again. right now.

Bob...actually...LIKED...a F&F movie?!?

Oh dear crap...the Rapture is upon us! WE'RE ALL BONED!!!

*ducks into a shelter to await the end of everything*

(In all seriousness, though: It's interesting that it took six movies to get it right. I'm not too sure what part 7 will bring, if there really will BE a part 7, but I'm not optimistic.)

My raw curiosity is going to make me watch this, having only seen 1 and 2...on dvd....for free...and i think i was playing something on my pc at the time while it was on in the background.

Chessrook44:

Even that has nothing on...

Just look at the sheer, unbridled lust!

Worst part is, this pairing managed to have no on-screen Chemistry even while the actors were fucking in real life! How does that work?!

So... Bob.
You're telling me FF6 is the best one?

hahaha gaming pun.

This came out of left field with Furious 6 being....good. I figured you would of vented your rage over Xbox One on it or Hangover 3.

I think the franchise has finally worn down and broke MovieBob.

So that surprise at the end, it was Transformers wasn't it? Come on, it's got to be Transformers.

The tank scene is awesome? If Reel Physics is renew for season 2, I would love for them to analyse that scene! (There are limits to my scene of disbelief!)

Also wow I think this is the first time I've heard the themetune being played for that long!

Chessrook44:

I was just about to bring up Mannequin Skywalker and his Queen/Senator love interest who's also dumber as a fence post.

I'm wondering when they're gonna stop milking this franchise. Last time I've seen multiple sequels like this was for horror movies (I.E. Saw, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street) and even those got ridiculous after awhile (ask me about Jason X sometime).

Mikeyfell:
So... Bob.
You're telling me FF6 is the best one?

I guess that means that FF7 will be an unstoppable blockbuster.....

Chessrook44:

NinjaDeathSlap:
Even that has nothing on...

Just look at the sheer, unbridled lust!

Worst part is, this pairing managed to have no on-screen Chemistry even while the actors were fucking in real life! How does that work?!

Combine Twilight and Star Wars and what do your get?
Juno Elcipse, get it?

Glad I'll never have to live this down

...I might be alone here, but I'd TOTALLY go see the next Fast and Furious movie if Thanos was indeed the next bad guy in line. Hell this series has left any semblance of reality a lonnnnng time ago, might as well just have "The Fast & The Furious....INNNNNNN SPAAAAAACE!!!!"

Scarim Coral:
The tank scene is awesome? If Reel Physics is renew for season 2, I would love for them to analyse that scene! (There are limits to my scene of disbelief!)

Reel Physics would have an aneurism over the re-goddamn-diculous shit these movies keep pulling off. They've broken basically every law of physics you can possibly think of and then some.

My brief thoughts on each offering in the Fast & Furious franchise:

F&F1: Real cars and real stunts. The way a car movie should be.

F&F2: So much CGI, it was like watching someone play a video game.

F&F3: The fastest way to travel in a straight line is to slide back and forth?

F&F4: Vehicular forensics is a real thing, but it does have its limits...

F&F5: Never saw it. Reel Physics have already shown the safe scene was ludicrous.

F&F6: Makes perfect sense when you realize that it's a cross-over movie with the new GI Joe franchise.

I'm going to be really disappointed if Thanos doesn't roll up in a Lambo after the credits and challenges Vin's gang to a race...thanx Bob...

At first, I was about to proclaim that the Fast & Furious series was the final straw that finally broke Bob's sanity. But, he did find redeeming qualities in the final Twilight movie if only because it falls into the "so bad it's good" category. I might see F&F6 in theaters or just wait for it to hit cable.

So, when's the review for Hangover 3 coming? (just kidding, I'd rather see Epic than that played out franchise).

Well, that's the longest continuous segment of "Radiator" I've gotten to hear...

Y'know, the bits I saw in the trailer for "Hangover 3" made me wonder if they might have actually learned a thing or two from the critical beating they took for "Hangover 2". But critical word is, no, they may have managed to make it worse.

F&F6? Eh. I may see it when it comes to the second-run theater. I've never found the series especially objectionable, but I've never stamped my feet in anticipation of a new one, either. (Though the trailers for "Tokyo Drift" made it look epic-level dumb.)

Bob enjoying a Fast movie?
Next up is an American Pie movie :D

Bob likes a The Fast & The Furious movie?

What has the World come to these days?!

Sorry, but no. Maybe the badness has grown on you, Bob. Maybe you've seen so many of these that you have lowered your standards. Maybe you've just gone insane from the past five installments. But no, I will not watch this. I will not even give it a CHANCE, since even if the remote possibility of it being good is true, the franchise now hinges on being able to spot previous minor characters from the previous five NOT GOOD movies. So if I find myself enjoying this movie, I must go back and watch through the five previous snorfests.
So no, I will not watch this movie.

Chessrook44:

Depending on how you define "based on a book series", James Bond films rarely shared much more than character names and sometimes premises with their book counterparts. As far as original film series, Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Police Academy, and Godzilla off the top of my head. If you count reboots, there are eight full-length Batman films (yes, I'm counting the Adam West one) and seven (soon to be eight) Planet of the Apes films.

Has anyone else noticed his Boston accent slowly receding into 'Generic American'? It was really strong for the past couple months, and I enjoyed hearing it.

so, wait, is this going to be one of those milestone franchises with a bazillion installments where everyone would say "yeah, it only gets good again after part six."?

A post-credits sequence which is not as good as, specifically, the one in the avengers? Well thanks for spoiling the Fast'n'Furious/Avengers cross-over, Bob...

daxterx2005:
Bob enjoying a Fast movie?
Next up is an American Pie movie :D

Or the inevitable Hangover Part 4
But seriously, since this place seems not to care about spoiling Iron Man 3/Star Trek's twist,

can someone spoil me what the post-credits scene is since I'm not watching this film in the first place?

So... Hangover 3 is bad I take it? Guess we'll find out next week.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here