Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Doomsday Viruses

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Top 5 Doomsday Viruses

This week Lisa brings us the top five viruses to wipe out humanity ... in videogames.

Watch Video

:( Poor Lisa. Hope ya feel better soon!

That WoW story is amazing! I can't believe I haven't heard of it before.

Also, soup is awesome! ;p

So, that cop from Parasite Eve... What happened to her pants? I've heard of distressed jeans, but there was literally about 20 strands of fiber keeping her from exploding out of the front of her pants.

Also, I was going to recommend that Lisa go out into the sun and have some chicken noodle soup to feel better, but that's clearly not an option. Maybe huddle in the basement with a Fudgesicle?

Never heard about that WoW thing. Thanks.

Feel better! :)

That WoW thing just gave me ANOTHER reason not to play WoW. (As if my Borderlands 2 addiction wasn't enough of a reason.) Kind of cool that glitch was actually used for scientific study though.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves Chris Redfield's ham arms.

hehe I remember hearing about that WoW plague. Would be funny to see an MMO try something like that on purpose.
Drink plenty of fluids

Imp Emissary:

ZZoMBiE13:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-7-biggest-dick-moves-in-history-online-gaming/

Number 6, feel free to read more. It's a pretty awesome website.

OT. Ha-ha-ha! Lisa sounds hilarious with a stuffy nose. I blame her cats.

DVS BSTrD:
hehe I remember hearing about that WoW plague. Would be funny to see an MMO try something like that on purpose.
Drink plenty of fluids

Blizzard did that a couple years later as part of the pre-release events for Wrath of the Lich King. The eagerness with which the players infected themselves to become zombies and kill their fellow players was frighteningly impressive.

Very funny and entertaining episode; hope you feel better soon!

Get well soon, Lisa

Hitchmeister:

DVS BSTrD:
Drink plenty of fluids

Blizzard did that a couple years later as part of the pre-release events for Wrath of the Lich King. The eagerness with which the players infected themselves to become zombies and kill their fellow players was frighteningly impressive.

I started playing WoW at just about that time, every city was full of corpses and zombies were everywhere. As a new player that did more to turn me off WoW than anything else. Still played for a bit, but got bored of it pretty quickly and have since moved away from MMOs pretty much entirely.

OT: Great list on the whole, keep up the good work and get well soon Lisa.

Thunderous Cacophony:
So, that cop from Parasite Eve... What happened to her pants? I've heard of distressed jeans, but there was literally about 20 strands of fiber keeping her from exploding out of the front of her pants.

Also, I was going to recommend that Lisa go out into the sun and have some chicken noodle soup to feel better, but that's clearly not an option. Maybe huddle in the basement with a Fudgesicle?

That was Aya Brea from the 3rd Birthday, (PSP), and it was to show what the battle damage system looks like. I really wish Lisa would have shown Aya from Parasite Eve, but that's just a small complaint.

And thank you Lisa for reminding me of that terrible part of my World of Warcraft experience.... I was just a level 14 hunter, with hopes and dreams..... all crushed by that horrible corrupted blood glitch. Now excuse me whilst I sit in a corner and forget about that nightmare.

Renegade-pizza:

Imp Emissary:

ZZoMBiE13:

I noticed those were all from MMORPGs. Granted, they are the games that have be "online" the longest, but it still makes me a bit more okay with never playing one.

Also, her cats are awesome! ;p

Imp Emissary:

Renegade-pizza:

Imp Emissary:

ZZoMBiE13:

I noticed those were all from MMORPGs. Granted, they are the games that have be "online" the longest, but it still makes me a bit more okay with never playing one.

Also, her cats are awesome! ;p

I'll only go so far as to say that Kevin-shark is pretty cool...The killing precision of a cat, with a shark attached!

OT. Attaching a shark to anything, makes it better

Seriously, why do americans seem to go to the doctor for everything? You have a fucking cold, deal with it. And not with antibiotics that the american doctors throw at the patients either, shit doesn't work on virus.

Otherwise, nice video.

That number one is surprisingly accurate ... Though, I wish you would have waited a bit longer so the Fungus Virus from The Last of Us would have a shot xD

Sick Lisa is the cutest Lisa. Also, surprised that she didn't mention Plague inc. Well, anyway, nice list and get better soon!

I feel like I've heard of the WoW thing but remembering it now makes me smile. Ah MMO's. They are good times. Feel better Lisa.

Feel better, Lisa. (Bite the bullet- chicken soup really helps.)

You rock and rule Lisa! Awesome list.

Didn't know about the WoW thing, I've never paid any attention at all to that game. Thanks for the knowledge!

Ronack:
That number one is surprisingly accurate ... Though, I wish you would have waited a bit longer so the Fungus Virus from The Last of Us would have a shot xD

That isn't technically a virus, but a cordyceps-like fungus-- as famously portrayed in Attenborough's Planet Earth-- that infect humans.

Good idea, I suppose, but.... Well, a fungus parasite on an ant is one thing, but a human nervous system? I'm pretty sure that would kill the host awful quick-- just as it does the ants. Something like that, becoming a dominant symbiont, wouldn't evolve from one generation to the next. I might have bought into it if it was some kind of nano-tech bioweapon. An alien fungus would be a bit cheap, but better than "strange mutation"...

Get well soon, Lisa! Although you did sounds pretty sexy with that cold

With a cold she kinda sounds like Gillian Jacobs.

On the plus side, instant huskiness!

TwiZtah:
Seriously, why do americans seem to go to the doctor for everything? You have a fucking cold, deal with it. And not with antibiotics that the american doctors throw at the patients either, shit doesn't work on virus.

Because she's been sick for 12 days. At that point it might be worth a look by someone who's actually had education in a medical field, since most of us don't.

There are tons of diseases out there with cold and flu-like symptoms, some of them fatal if you don't get them treated, and many of them are bacterial. Yeah, chances are it is a cold or flu, and your doctor will just tell you to stay home and get rest. If it isn't though, you'll be glad you went.

I haven't been to the doctor other than my annual physical in about 8 years, and Lisa hasn't gone to the doctor yet for this illness, but seriously: it's been 12 days. I think she's justified.

UNHchabo:

TwiZtah:

Because she's been sick for 12 days. At that point it might be worth a look by someone who's actually had education in a medical field, since most of us don't.

There are tons of diseases out there with cold and flu-like symptoms, some of them fatal if you don't get them treated, and many of them are bacterial. Yeah, chances are it is a cold or flu, and your doctor will just tell you to stay home and get rest. If it isn't though, you'll be glad you went.

I haven't been to the doctor other than my annual physical in about 8 years, and Lisa hasn't gone to the doctor yet for this illness, but seriously: it's been 12 days. I think she's justified.

So? a cold can hold for longer than 12 days easily, especially if you medicate yourself with nasal sprays and so on.

That was actually really great, loved it! Also, I had my mind blown by the Number 1! Holy crap...

Ok, now, I rather like these videos, and want more of them... So I'm very selfishly wishing you a speedy recovery, Lisa :P

Good list, was very happy to see Parasite Eve on there, but just a tad sad to not see the Syphon Filter virus. Get better Lisa!

While I hope Lisa gets better soon... I actually oddly prefer her voice more gravelly. Not sure why, just seems to fit better.

Lisa is sick. Green flu shit and all. Does this mean she will become a witch? I say shoot it before it hunt one of us.

So... no one else thinks she sounds better when ill? I actually found Lisa much easier on the ears this week. High pitched noises bother my poor sensitive ears somewhat.

The one from parasite eve is still my favorite by far. Simply because the entire mitochondria thing, minus the part where they go postal, is true.

Stop looking at me like that I'm not crazy.

There's a horrific plot beat in Metro Last Light regarding the use of a pre-war weaponized Ebola virus. For those unfamiliar, Ebola is a god awful, highly lethal hemorrhagic fever inducing spirochete known for a nasty outbreak in Zaire, Africa.

What I found interesting is that it's not treated like a 'big ultimate reveal' or 'most horrible calamity' in the game's narrative. It's just one of many horrors in an game so dark and ugly it's craftsmanship is beautiful.

While I haven't seen anything to indicate Lisa reads these comments, I'll post this here just in case:

If you're hesitant to go to the doctor a good stop-gap alternative is to call the "advice nurse" who I believe is normally an RN or higher and can give you some pretty good guidance on what to do. I'm not sure if it's something common to all hospitals, but at least the ones I and my relatives have had to deal with have them (Kaiser and VA).

I feel with you lisa, i feel pretty fucked up aswell now. Since it has been 12 days for you, maybe you infected me through your show.

That wow thing was pretty funny though, Thanks for letting us know.

How did they solve it anyway?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or