Escapist News Now: Fresh Wolfenstein: The New Order Gameplay Revealed

Fresh Wolfenstein: The New Order Gameplay Revealed

Andrea Rene spoke with MachineGames Creative Director Jens Matthies about their upcoming FPS Wolfenstein: The New Order.

Watch Video

I'm surprised they aren't doing multi-player since that seems to be the bread and butter of most FPS games on the market, but I'll give them props for saying that it's not their strength. Here's hoping that the rest of the game is solid; it looks good otherwise.

The description of the video was: NEW GAMEPLAY..., not some guy talking about....
When a video is titeled new gameplay, i wanna see gameplay. If you need to bother us with some useless talking of some completly unrelevant guy, put him at the end of the video.

kypsilon:
I'm surprised they aren't doing multi-player since that seems to be the bread and butter of most FPS games on the market, but I'll give them props for saying that it's not their strength. Here's hoping that the rest of the game is solid; it looks good otherwise.

Whilst that may be the case there is a pretty big segment of the market that enjoys single player shooters a fair bit more, and a good single-player shooter can definately succeed, I shouldn't have to mention the success of BioShock Infinite.

Variety is the spice of life and this could be something special indeed if left unhindered by the trappings of the modern AAA industry.

Also: Misleading headline is fucking misleading.

Misleading Headline: Boo

No Multiplayer: I literally said "Bless you sir!" out loud. My wife wondered what I was on about.

SkarKrow:

kypsilon:

Whilst that may be the case there is a pretty big segment of the market that enjoys single player shooters a fair bit more, and a good single-player shooter can definately succeed, I shouldn't have to mention the success of BioShock Infinite.

Variety is the spice of life and this could be something special indeed if left unhindered by the trappings of the modern AAA industry.

Oh I agree, I'm personally all for taking out the multiplayer and focusing on the single player experience. It's just not something you see too many FPS titles doing these days. Haven't tried Bioshock Infinite yet, but I did like the first one.

kypsilon:

SkarKrow:

kypsilon:

Oh I agree, I'm personally all for taking out the multiplayer and focusing on the single player experience. It's just not something you see too many FPS titles doing these days. Haven't tried Bioshock Infinite yet, but I did like the first one.

Infinite is a vastly superior experience just be sure to make sure you go into those menus and turn off the god awful auto-aim hand holding. It's on by default, even on PC.

I'm definately looking forward to more shooters supporting the single player experience, though I enjoy multiplayer too they don't have to cram it into everything. Multiplayer is far too homogenous these days sadly, I think good multiplayer kind of died out after Bad Company 2.

Love the "no multiplayer angle". Just focus on making us the best possible single player game!

Honestly I was in a clan back in Return to Castle Wolfenstein days and we rocked the multiplayer ladders and tournaments for thousands of hours. Year after year.

To me Wolfenstein is like a battlefield game set in the WW2 era minus the vehicles (which unbalance things and ruin maps). It's all about class based multiplayer.

The last Wolfenstein had a standard run of the mill forgettable singeplayer experience and a broken multiplayer (literally couldn't connect to other people). It got like a 6/10 and everyone forgot about it within a month.

This title is exactly the same except they added even more over the top stupid weapons and are trying to make a serious character arc based around an overly macho grunt named BJ. It's like Duke Nukem minus the self parody. This seems as generic and uninspired as you can possibly get.

I couldn't listen to the guy for more than 5 seconds at a time, his voice grated on my nerves like a rusty scythe.

Fast paced old shooter, single player, with only some modernized aspects?

sounds promising!

I heard old-style gameplay elements and new style gameplay elements and thought: Duke Nukem Forever! (and not in a good way... is it possible to think of DNF in a good way?)

i dint really like the last wofenstein so i have my doubts with this title. but i really like the MP view. wish many other companies would think the same way instead thinking of profits.
well, i keep an eye on this title. hopefully it will be better then the last game.

He was kinda painful to listen to.

But being to laserbeam holes in cover is a plus in my book.

Is it weird I didn't absolutely hate his voice and just wanted to listen to what he had to say?

Anyway, I'm rather interested in The New Order. Seems like it'll be a fun game of punching Nazi's and mechs and Nazi mechs. The whole bloody screen thing is still rather annoying, but hopefully the extra guns will make up for that. Also, I doubt the story will be absolutely terrible, so I'm sure it'll be fine...well, as fine as an FPS can be.

Anyway, with all these Nazi mechs running around, anyone else wanna bet this guy shows up?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here