Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: Xbox One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Xbox One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

Both were fantastic.

Yahtzee's needs to be shown to everybody involved in the Microsoft reveal (and those who decided this crap was a good idea).

I was wondering where Jim was going with his, seeing as it seemed to be building up to something clever, was funny just because upon realising it was near the end, I knew it'd be something like it was, and it made me laugh.

I hope this series continues for some time, it's a great new addition.

And the beatings for Microsoft continue to come forth.

BTW, any change the Jim & Yahtzee Rhymedown Spectacular will appear at the Escapist Expo this year? Just curious.

I think this is the first one where I clearly feel that Yahtzee hit it out of the park. Keep 'em coming.

Two really excellent poems again this week and more hot coals for Microsoft to boot.

I can't see why some people try to turn this show into a contest between you two.

Both of these poems were simply beautiful, in their own ways.

Though I have to say, the end of Jim's was the first time I've actually laughed at a poem. The punchline was pretty perfectly built up.

But did you shag her Yahtzee?

And Jim, how many Alien models do you have?

Ah, this weeks rhymedown was truly spectacular! Yahtzee's poem was very spot on and the subtlety of Jim's piece made me laugh half way through. Well done, our word-masters!

When are you two gonna make that rap album?

This was my favorite Jim poem so far. I also really liked the Yahtzee poem.

When was the last time in your life you could honestly say,

That you anticipated with joy two new poems every Wednesday?

As a straight man, I still want to say that Yahtzee looked pretty damn handsome in that attire.

i'm calling shenanigans on Yahtzee this week: a restaurant run by Microsoft would've crashed and burned with in minutes of being built, it would take them twenty updates or so before the damn thing stood up and even then the waiter would've frozen up the moment he tried to take their order.

Also Jim i saw that last joke coming from a mile off, and i still did a spit take when you said it, well done man.

josh4president:
When was the last time in your life you could honestly say,

That you anticipated with joy two new poems every Wednesday?

That feeling I hadn't some time ago met
I was looking forward to Yahtzee's incessant rambling instead
But now that I've seen the work these two great wordsmen
I simply cannot think of a Wednesday without them

This series is currently the best thing on The Escapist
In not a single episode has the mark been missed
I wish these both men a long life and good health
And for Microsoft to wake up from its delusions of incoming wealth

Both were great this time around. Yahtzee, Sterling, you do me proud.

I liked both of them, was expecting this topic to be brought up.

Good job everyone!

Very, very good! Both of you keep up the good work! Yahtzee being so subtle and discrete and Jim...well just being Jim :D

P.S.: I read through the whole comments section in that specific poetry tempo :))

Beat poetry and techno-jargon. You just can't beat that combination. I love this idea to discuss serious issues by such a witty and urbane method. And Jim don't worry about the sledgehammer verse, what ever works to get your thoughts across. And I must say this method suits you quite well. After all sometimes the most eloquent rebuttal can be made by the simplest of obscene gestures.

I laughed at both. Amazing job with the bread, and yeah...way to be subtle... :D

This week's goes to Yahtzee but again Jim get's half a point. This time for telling Microsoft to suck a dick. THis evens the scores out at 4.

Yahtzee - 4
Jim - 4

This is definitely my favorite so far. Though I may be a bit biased...I wasn't planning on getting a new console regardless and the Xbone reveal still managed to piss me off.

rayen020:
This week's goes to Yahtzee but again Jim get's half a point. This time for telling Microsoft to suck a dick. THis evens the scores out at 4.

Yahtzee - 4
Jim - 4

"oh, you want numbers? how about 4?"

well, that was a great round, like every week XD
I'm also impressed that jim totally pulled that last part off.

Don't ever stop making these.

empirialtank:
i'm calling shenanigans on Yahtzee this week: a restaurant run by Microsoft would've crashed and burned with in minutes of being built, it would take them twenty updates or so before the damn thing stood up and even then the waiter would've frozen up the moment he tried to take their order.

Heh. It's version 6. "The one that finally worked well"[1].

Yahtzee is getting better. Jim is, too (but I think he's still experimenting to see what his style will ultimately be).

[1] To those who don't know what I'm talking about:
A) DOS 3 was the first tolerable version, DOS 6 was the first one that was actually OK.
B) While NT 5 was the first one that worked well, NT 6.1 was the first one to really be usable without too much trial and error (NT5=WinXP/2k3; NT6.1=Win7/2K8R2/2k10)

No way would I want Microsoft near my genitals. They'd probably try and lock them down somehow.

Jim where did you get that Perfect Cell figure? I must have one at once!

OT: I'd give the edge to Yahtzee this week but I really liked them both.

Yahtzee crafts tight allegory
As the boys paint MS whore-y and hoary
But Jim's killer verse
Drove the point home in a hearse
And cooked rhymes like Chef Boyardee.

I'm glad I found myself enjoying Jim's verse this week, because I find I generally do not.

Yahtzee, it's better when you creep onstage in the beginning, but that might just be me.

Oh Jim... never change.

These just keep getting more and more amazing.

I swear, while most places are in a slow decline, the content on the Escapist just gets more fantastic.

Amazing endings, Jim had nice buildup and Yahtzees was nice surprise, I loved the last rhyme.

By the way, are these written somewhere? I'd like to learn all of them by heart.

Loving this and there's absolutely nothing wrong with the current format. But, might I suggest if you guys ever find yourselves wanting to shake things up a bit: A Lightning Round Haiku-off?

Both brilliant in their own right. Loving it, keep up the good work guys!

"It's clear that I'm not a man speaking with grace,
my mouth is a gun
shooting words at your face."
:D
Both were awesome though.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password: