Escapist News Now: Borderlands 2 Tiny Tina DLC Details

Borderlands 2 Tiny Tina DLC Details

Tiny Tina now gets her own DLC expansion called Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep. It will be the final piece of story DLC in the Season Pass, and is the largest that Gearbox has ever created for Borderlands and entirely in-house.

Watch Video

Wow, that's an impressive contribution to the series. I must say that this is what I like to see when I pay for DLC. I hope it's as involved as they seem to indicate. The borderlands game have always been full of references so a DLC package fully of them should be right within their skill set.

Thanks for the video!

This is going to be awesome, I think I will buy the season pass once it's out, because so far I like what I have heard/read/seen about all of them.

Another reason to buy borderlands. I've eyed it off uncertainly for a while now, but it just keeps looking better and better.

Btw, the theme music to this segment is delicious. What is it?

Here's hoping Gearbox raises the level cap again. Or, at the very least, increase backpack/storage space. And hopefully they won't give a bunch of whack-ass reasons as to why they can't do it this time.

Eh, here's hoping.

Much bigger preview with lots of gameplay here: http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/05/28/borderlands-2-tiny-tinas-assault-on-dragon-keep-commentary
The idea that Tina can just change the world at a whim is hilariously awesome. This DLC looks like it will have some of the funniest stuff yet while also keeping that darker tone that Borderlands 2 would occasionally smack you with (obviously we are going to see a lot of character development for Tina and not all of that is going to be explosions and badonkadonks).

I'm really happy that they're adding tons of new enemy types to this. New things to kill that aren't just reskins with some different abilities are always great. Also, Mr. Torgues punch that guy till he blows up quest had me laughing out loud.

Another thing that makes me happy is what the guy says the raid boss is going to be. 3 different elemental dragons. Hopefully that means that we won't see anymore almost impossible to dodge novas that take out your shields and most of your health.

So psyched for this DLC.

Wait is that Ellie in a chainmail bikini?

This game better be rated 18+ because no child should be allowed to see that smoking hot body.

Wow. I don't have the game, but this is a very cool idea for DLC.

Hope it turns out well, and inspires other games to do DLC like this and that Blood Dragon DLC.

And yet an other reason I'm glad I bought the season pass. I'm really looking forward to this, well done Gearbox.

HOW MANY types of skeleton? oh man so totally sold, I wanna shoot all kindsa skeleton

I love the opening lines:

Lilith: "Why don't you start over?"
Tina: "We got to wait for Roland."
Lilith: "..." (looks at Brick)
Brick: (shrug).

RedDeadFred:
Another thing that makes me happy is what the guy says the raid boss is going to be. 3 different elemental dragons. Hopefully that means that we won't see anymore almost impossible to dodge novas that take out your shields and most of your health.

HAH! No! It'll mean we just get three different elements of impossible to dodge supernovas.

NameIsRobertPaulson:
I love the opening lines:

Lilith: "Why don't you start over?"
Tina: "We got to wait for Roland."
Lilith: "..." (looks at Brick)
Brick: (shrug).

Something tells me when she does find out, things are going to get hairy....

Anyway, I squee'd a little when I saw this. It just looks so awesome, and its length sounds really promising. The other three were a little on the short side.

Any chance for a new level cap or anything? Probably not, but you never know. I'm hoping for some more heads too.

I'm so psyched for this I can't even....
I love Tiny Tina, I love Borderlands, I love DnD... and I love the concept of exploring loss through gaming (Tina refuses to accept the fact that

)
I'm buying this so hard my wallet won't know what hit it

Varya:
I love Tiny Tina, I love Borderlands, I love DnD... and I love the concept of exploring loss through gaming (Tina refuses to accept the fact that

)

The second person in your spoiler is still very much alive. He was even in the actual trailer for a brief second when they're gathered around the table. But otherwise, I can't wait to see how they deal with such a hard topic either.

Voulan:

Varya:

)

The second person in your spoiler is still very much alive. He was even in the actual trailer for a brief second when they're gathered around the table. But otherwise, I can't wait to see how they deal with such a hard topic either.

Oh, right, mixed up the names. Fixed the post. Thank you.

Ellie in a chainmail bikini, oh god.

...gets me so hot.

I can't wait for this. I'm firmly in the Tiny Tina love camp.

JemJar:

RedDeadFred:

HAH! No! It'll mean we just get three different elements of impossible to dodge supernovas.

I can dream damn you!

Seriously though, they've gotten a lot of backlash over Voracidous because of his bullshit. Hyperious too to an extent but he's at least not as bad. Everyone has basically told them that they want something like Gee (only not as tedious) because he wasn't just a DPS race.

Gearbox is pretty good at listening to feedback and since this is being developed entirely in-house, I think there's a very good chance that this will be a much better raid boss.

Yes yes yes yes yes yeeeees yeeeeeeessss yes.
YES.
I'm really looking forward to this, in it's entirety.

Also, obligatory "BURN ALL THE BABIES!!!"

RedDeadFred:

JemJar:

RedDeadFred:

I can dream damn you!

Seriously though, they've gotten a lot of backlash over Voracidous because of his bullshit. Hyperious too to an extent but he's at least not as bad. Everyone has basically told them that they want something like Gee (only not as tedious) because he wasn't just a DPS race.

Gearbox is pretty good at listening to feedback and since this is being developed entirely in-house, I think there's a very good chance that this will be a much better raid boss.

Yeah, I've played the entire game on co-op with a friend,(I say "entire", we're working through UVHM) and we went back at level 57 (a couple of night ago) to take a shot at level 50 Voracidous and got our asses handed to us in jars.

See, Master Gee is interesting but I had no idea what the hell I was doing. We've offed him, but only on Normal. I mean, I've read up on it since, but it's just a bit obtuse as a fight and I've been trying to avoid guides.

The boss fight I loved was Pyro Pete. A nice balance of survivability and DPS required to make it work, some actual learning how the fight works and strategic thinking about when to open the pipes and let people in. It's not just about big numbers, it's not just about a health bar with more zeros on the end than should be legal (admittedly, Pete is tough as hell, but that's not the key trick) and it's "fairer" with a less-than-perfect group composition.

So many of the boss fights seem to almost require you to have a Res-specced Siren (not my class, nor my buddy's) to keep people upright - Hyperius is a big sinner here, the newbie tactic seemingly being to hide your Siren behind a pipe and let them pop out only to revive people. Yawn. The Pyro Pete fight allows anyone still standing to open the valves and give someone in FFYL a reasonable chance of getting back on their feet, even if they're on the other side of the arena. It works.

Watched a great interview here, some spoilers though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-WJEC3VfhE

JemJar:

RedDeadFred:

JemJar:

I can dream damn you!

See, Master Gee is interesting but I had no idea what the hell I was doing. We've offed him, but only on Normal. I mean, I've read up on it since, but it's just a bit obtuse as a fight and I've been trying to avoid guides.

The boss fight I loved was Pyro Pete. A nice balance of survivability and DPS required to make it work, some actual learning how the fight works and strategic thinking about when to open the pipes and let people in. It's not just about big numbers, it's not just about a health bar with more zeros on the end than should be legal (admittedly, Pete is tough as hell, but that's not the key trick) and it's "fairer" with a less-than-perfect group composition.

So many of the boss fights seem to almost require you to have a Res-specced Siren (not my class, nor my buddy's) to keep people upright - Hyperius is a big sinner here, the newbie tactic seemingly being to hide your Siren behind a pipe and let them pop out only to revive people. Yawn. The Pyro Pete fight allows anyone still standing to open the valves and give someone in FFYL a reasonable chance of getting back on their feet, even if they're on the other side of the arena. It works.

Ya, Voracidous is by far the biggest pain I think. He's the only one I haven't been able to solo (I'm using Zer0). Pete I actually found to be the easiest because you can spec so that he only does half damage to you (inflammable or alkaline shields). Hyperius is pretty easy too with Zer0 if you use the bore skill to shoot through his loaders.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here