EXP: ScrewAttack's Real Trailers - New Super Mario Bros. U

ScrewAttack's Real Trailers - New Super Mario Bros. U

What the trailer for New Super Mario Bros. U SHOULD have said.

Watch Video

I usually like the screwattack videos, but this one wasn't even remotely enjoyable >.>

That was unnecessarily brutal. Accurate, but brutal. Mario has been rather disappointing as of late. And I love Mario.

That...was...beautiful. It seems I'm not the only one who sees Nintendo and their Mario games (well, all their games for the most part) and Activision and CoD as pretty much one and the same. After all, they're both plotless games without any real characters you give a crap about, gameplay that never changes (a new powerup is the same as a new gun, it doesn't really change a damn thing in the end), and repackaging the same thing over and over again with slightly shinier coats of paint and people keep thinking they're getting something new.

LysanderNemoinis:
That...was...beautiful. It seems I'm not the only one who sees Nintendo and their Mario games (well, all their games for the most part) and Activision and CoD as pretty much one and the same. After all, they're both plotless games without any real characters you give a crap about, gameplay that never changes (a new powerup is the same as a new gun, it doesn't really change a damn thing in the end), and repackaging the same thing over and over again with slightly shinier coats of paint and people keep thinking they're getting something new.

Except they're fundamentally different in one rather important way: Activision puts out COD games every single year. Thus far, Nintendo has released one 2D Mario game per platform, and no more than two, usually one 3D Mario game per platform.

And if you can't see the difference in gameplay between the FLUDD system of Sunshine, the Gravity and Planetoid mechanics of the Galaxy games, and the 2D+3D mechanics of the 3D Land game, then I can only infer that you didn't actually play them.

Wow... just wow.
So much bullshit and bias in such a short video... how did you guys do that?

Also, try playing the game before talking shit like this. It could actually show you how wrong you are and stop you from embarrassing yourself.

Not funny, not offensive, just incredibly lazy. Even the guy reading the script sounded bored. I know I was after about 30 seconds.

This just came off as an attempt to make Nintendo fans angry. There weren't really any jokes and the delivery was lifeless. Come on guys, we know you're better than this.

Hey, I'm screwattack and I'm going to spend entire minutes saying a phrase over and over again, and rehash the same criticism over and over again, and then call it comedy. Why? Because as said video suggests your all IDIOTS and will give it support anyhow!

Very brutal and VERY accurate description of Nintendo.

It's too bad, because I was a big fan of Nintendo back in 2006 and I'm still waiting for them to stop riding the nostalgia train.

I felt that this video would've been more funny if they omitted the song.
Like seriously. It's too calming and...you know, boring.
Sucks the life right out of the supposed "humor" in the video.
Even the narrator knows it.

Alfador_VII:
Not funny, not offensive, just incredibly lazy. Even the guy reading the script sounded bored. I know I was after about 30 seconds.

It was funnier when i thought about the irony of this lazy assed video decrying how lazy Mario wii U was.

These screw attack vids are always something I avoid because I figure they are complete tripe. I finally decided to watch one. Yup they are complete tripe.

Darn there are a lot of people supporting 'New' super mario wii U. These games are fun, but after playing rayman origins is this one really as imaginative or well made? I have not played it, but it looks very similar to New super mario bros wii, does it have that much stuff that is different? The fan made Newer Super mario Bros wii mod looks more imaginative and fun, but that's just me.

j-e-f-f-e-r-s:

Except they're fundamentally different in one rather important way: Activision puts out COD games every single year. Thus far, Nintendo has released one 2D Mario game per platform, and no more than two, usually one 3D Mario game per platform.

And if you can't see the difference in gameplay between the FLUDD system of Sunshine, the Gravity and Planetoid mechanics of the Galaxy games, and the 2D+3D mechanics of the 3D Land game, then I can only infer that you didn't actually play them.

They are the exact.... same.... thing...., constantly making the same games over and over (granted CoD is every year but Mario has been doing it for longer). The difference is that you like Mario, your a fan, you don't like CoD. I don't like either because their both doing the same thing of making the same games over and over and over (adding 3D mechanics didn't help sonic either).

What a sad, unfunny video. I've never watched ScrewAttack before and I don't think I'll be watching any more. Unimaginative, boring, basically insulting without making any jokes and pointless.

Goodby ScrewAttack.

Just noting that it might be an idea to omit the youtube subscribe and video link buttons at the end of the video when uploading to a site that doesn't support those features,

My two cents on the video however; harsh but true, and not nearly as funny as it could have been. Maybe I just like Mario too much.

...The Escapist should really stop attempting to do comedy.

Very generic and predictable.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here