Xbone Week #5

Pages PREV 1 2

Heh, old joke, but done well, and with a deserving target, it still works.

I got to say, the Xbox One PRESENTATION (the actual product itself is a slightly different matter) was probably the most comprehensive failure of marketing hype-stoking I've ever seen. This is usually the point where everyone is super excited about how awesome and amazing the new console generation is going to be and when each camp's defenders are breathlessly insisting that "their" unreleased console is going to be better than the "other" console. Instead, the MS communications and marketing divisions somehow managed to be tonedeaf enough to piss off their customer base that would normally be drooling in approval that said potential customers spent the next weeks complaining about the console. Now the idea clearly was to market this product to a wider range of people beyond the "traditional" audience, but did it never occur to them that the only people who might even plausibly be watching a new (alleged) video game console would BE the traditional audience.

Anyway, I've gotten used to Steam prices for games with convenient service - the few tiny advantages that consoles had over PC gaming just don't cut it anymore. Starting next gen I'm switching over.

...Aaaand now I want to see a Demon Seed reboot. A sci-fi monster movie that literally has to be about crazy boning involving a housewife and her somehow alive computer? Granted that there is absolutely no way the PG-13 giganto-budget appeal-to-everyone machine that is Hollywood/the film making part of New York would ever let that show in a normal theater, a contemporary update on that movie sounds like an absolute blast.

AlwaysPractical:
Hey man, did you hear that ridiculous joke?

Which one?

The Xbox one.

OT: for the $700 price tag for preorder, I think that'll be the joke.

Wohhhhh really?!

It doesn't even come with a damn screen.

Yikes.

Rainboq:

Mouse_Crouse:

MrWunderful:
You don't get The joke from the comic? Or the "demon seed" refrence?

Well... either but I don't' really care about the reference. The joke is puzzling me.

The joke is that the idea of buying a 360 is so absurd that it caused them to burst out laughing.

Yes, THAT joke, that was brilliant! But this is the first time I heard the XBone being compared to HAL 9000 and Demon Seed. I got the references, I'm just not seeing how they compare.

Uh, there's hundreds of images/videos of HAL's eye superimposed on the Kinect.

Hey that is a good joke! BUY an Xbone lol

Hear of the new Xbox?
Yeah, when it comes out I'm going to buy out all the 360 games that Gamestop's going to consider worthless.

I R PORFESSIONAL WRITOR

Grey Carter:

I R PORFESSIONAL WRITOR

See this is what happens as soon as Susan leaves, BAM! spelling errors all over the place.

Okay, I enjoyed this one way too much. The XBone (which is well named, I might add) is so bad. As of this moment, I'd say it's pretty much Dead on Arrival. Unless they change some major things real fast.

I don't like to pass judgement on the system because of bad pre-release PR. There is still a few months before the holiday season so I want to wait until after launch till I make a decision on buying it or not.

Guys, I found this comic strip funny because it was so true. I've been wondering what I'd do if I had the cash to burn for such a console and it has only edified my decision to go i7, 16GB ram and a 1GB NVidia.

Breywood:
Guys, I found this comic strip funny because it was so true. I've been wondering what I'd do if I had the cash to burn for such a console and it has only edified my decision to go i7, 16GB ram and a 1GB NVidia.

if you are looking at a high end i&, consider gutting it to a good i5 and OC'ing so you can get the new 770 from nvidia.

that thing is beastly (basically a cheap titian due to it not being a workstation card)

DestinyCall:

Mouse_Crouse:
No shame in admitting... i don't' get it.

Don't worry, you won't be the only one not getting it.

If you know what I mean.

Haha I see what you did there :3

I was in my local Game shop earlier this afternoon, and ended pre-ordering an Xbone.

OK, so I didn't, but at least they are giving people the opportunity to do so. I wouldn't bother pre-ordering a gam, let alone a console but right now I'd be more likely to pre-order a PS4 (despite not knowing what the thing looks like) than an Xbone.

Captcha: dramatic chipmunk

Well, if that isn't a meme/desperate premise for a movie waiting to happen.

Color is expressed in Xbox One's use of liquid black, the blackest black creatable as a color palette for the brand.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is...
None.
None more black.

Represents what is inside Microsoft's soul.

I can happily say I understand satire, and this was hilarious! XD

We need Erin's mouse back.
Would have been perfect if it had been sitting on her shoulder in this comic.

I have never laughed so hard at your strip, comedic genius. My lungs actually ached after that punchline. How do you come up with ridiculous stuff like that?

LiMaSaRe:
I have never laughed so hard at your strip, comedic genius. My lungs actually ached after that punchline. How do you come up with ridiculous stuff like that?

Well, there is this classic from 1999. Pretty much the same joke, except PA stripped it to its barest minimum.

Mind you, I find both funny, and xbone is a fair target for this kind of abuse, so I see no foul in reusing it.

Then again, Daikatana is so obscure now that it probably needs explanation. Today's comic is both relevant and explains itself, so it'll probably age better.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here