Escapist Podcast Daily: Double Fine's New Kickstarter

Double Fine's New Kickstarter

For those that prefer to jump straight into the issues, we'll be starting to break-out discussion points from our weekly podcast for easier listening.

From Episode 094, we discuss Double Fine's latest Kickstarter, some of the negative responses and what Kickstarter's have managed to interface with their community the best.

Watch Video

Who told you 10 minutes of car talk was boring? I liked it the other way so much better.

Also I am confused, are the partial episodes going to be on iTunes? Or only full episodes?

bdcjacko:
Who told you 10 minutes of car talk was boring? I liked it the other way so much better.

Heh, that actually just happened to be a coincidence, this was something we've been wanting to do.

Also I am confused, are the partial episodes going to be on iTunes? Or only full episodes?

For now just the full episodes, but if there happens to be demand for it we can.

DoubleFine's original Kickstarter project ( DoubleFine Adventure ) pledged for 400K. 300K for the game and 100K for docummenting the process.

Slycne:
For now just the full episodes, but if there happens to be demand for it we can.

Not my call, but if you were to put them on iTunes it would screw up my rerun order.

Another point raised in the podcast: according to them, Brad Muir would be leading the Massive Chalice project and there would be a complete different team working on MC, so this should not affect development on Broken Age ( the original kickstarter game).

When I saw this, the first thing I thought of was "The complete works of William Shakespeare: Abridged"

The whole point of the podcat, is to listen to all the randomness, just listening to the issues is boring. Admittedly the car thing was slightly dull, but I have come to accept that you guys will discuss random crap that has no relation to me whatsoever, and you know what? Most of the time it is fun, so why complain?

franksands:
DoubleFine's original Kickstarter project ( DoubleFine Adventure ) pledged for 400K. 300K for the game and 100K for docummenting the process.

Beat me to it. This game is twice as much as they asked for on that game and this is the amount they believe they could make it at. It may be a flash game at that amount, but this would be the minimum.

bdcjacko:

Slycne:

Not my call, but if you were to put them on iTunes it would screw up my rerun order.

I hereby agree with this as bonus casts are always fun.

-Lord 2fish High Overseer of Empty Titles

I like Double Fine studios but I don't think they need so much attention.
Would be nice if you can talk about games that need more publicity in order to succeed.

For example Armikrog: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949537745/armikrog
It's spiritual successor of a epic game called Neverhood which was stop-motion animation game made entirely from clay :)
After 7 days they didn't even get half of what they need, which is very sad because usually these projects get most of the money first week.

Oh I thought it was going to be a new 10 minute talk each day talking about what happened >_>
Couldn't the people who wanted to see the different things just click on where they wanted to go instead of getting a bunch of podcasts strewn across the day? Or was it just so many people that were complaining?

Oh well, I guess I'm just an old man grumbling.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here