Unskippable: Aliens: Colonial Marines

Aliens: Colonial Marines

This week we learn how to avoid danger by ignoring distress calls.

Watch Video

Of course he gave the rousing speech from the forklift; he needed something big to stand on so everyone could see him, and all the rhinos were getting into their space-suits.

So, if past history is any indication, I'm led to believe that these cutscenes are generally taken from the Xbox 360 version of the games, right?

Because if so, seeing screen tearing in the console version of a game is... that's bad.

I liked the image of rhinos trampling xenomorphs, though. Amusing.

shrekfan246:
So, if past history is any indication, I'm led to believe that these cutscenes are generally taken from the Xbox 360 version of the games, right?

Because if so, seeing screen tearing in the console version of a game is... that's bad.

I liked the image of rhinos trampling xenomorphs, though. Amusing.

This game is a tremendous puddle of warm urine. I will allow Mr Crowshaw to further elaborate:

Yeeeeeaaaaaaah... when you see that many developers credited, you know you're in for a bad time.

Also, I laughed much harder at "How do I door?" than I probably should have.

4:14 Now I just have to figure out what my focus is.

"It go boom" and "How do I door" killed. Great work :D

I think I'd rather have an infestation of Aliens than an infestation of developers.

"And you will talk" - well done.

Tahaneira:
Also, I laughed much harder at "How do I door?" than I probably should have.

So did I. You'd think the "How do I [noun]" thing would be played out and unfunny by now, but nope.

Glad I'm not the only one that giggled like an idiot at the simplistic "How do I door".

In other news: Oh lord, Travis Willingham's name is attached to this game. Poor mustang....

1. Isn't Aliens: Colonial Marines the very quintessence of "skippable"?

2. "Well, thezz ya problem- ya got all infested with develpahs!" Truer words were never said.

3. Of course there's no Rhino 22. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a bunch of marines into a tutu that already has a rhino in it?

"How do I door?", I'll use that phrase a lot from now on :)

"How do I door?" is a question I ask myself way too often.

Very funny, guys. You know you're in trouble when one of the first things you notice is that the title of the game is in the same font and size of the many, MANY developers' names.

Fraggy1:

This game is a tremendous puddle of warm urine. I will allow Mr Crowshaw to further elaborate:

Pffft. Yahtzee? Something bad to say about a game? That'll be the day.

Great Unskippable, guys.

The more I look at it, the less that looks like an Asia-sized storm and more like a planet-sized slightly misplaced texture.

Holy crap. Someone else actually remembers Run Like Hell!

The sad thing is that despite it not actually being an Aliens game, Run Like Hell was STILL a better Aliens game than Colonial Marines.

BX3:
Oh lord, Travis Willingham's name is attached to this game. Poor mustang....

Yeah, seeing that name reminded me that Willingham took part in quite possibly the worst 300 reference ever. Go to 25:15 here...

Yeah, I showed this vid because that 300 reference sure as hell deserved some of LoadingReadyRun's gripes.

Yes, pretty much anything can be improved with more Predators.

Capcha: Deep thought.

Not in this game! *rimshot*

Tuesday Night Fever:
Holy crap. Someone else actually remembers Run Like Hell!

That's because Graham and Paul did an Unskippable of Run Like Hell waaaaay back.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unskippable/599-Run-Like-Hell

Don Reba:
"And you will talk" - well done.

Whereas, my mind immediately went to "The Prisoner". He wants INFORMATION. INFORMATION... INFORMATION!
"Well, you won't get it!"

"Well there's your problem, you got all infested with developers."

I think you may indeed have nailed one of the core causes of this game's problems.

Like many of the folks above, I also laughed at "How do I door?"

I always ask myself why they're using shitty analogue video equipment in these cutscenes, along with analog transmission methods. Unless the guy at the start of the scene accidentally turned on the "rolling static" filter on his video chat client.

to be fair to future sci-fi people making references to old movies and whatnot...knowing Hollywood we'll have remakes of remakes of remakes long into the future lol

shrekfan246:

Yeah, I'm normally not too fussed about graphics, but MAN they need to have some V-sync on that thing!

Eruanno:
"How do I door?" is a question I ask myself way too often.

'Tis a most important question, and one that crops up alarmingly commonly in games. Most often, you just have to get off the damn phone and doors magically open for you...

Was it just me, or did anyone else get a LOT of screentearing in that video?

Edit: Aaaand... answered by shrekfan246 WAY before my post. Yeah, that looks... BAD.

The Wizard of Oz quote is not all that weird...

People still quote Shakespeare.

Shit people quote the bible all the time. But I guess that's considerably different.

"Ah, an airlock. Good, I could use some decompression after that."

XD

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or