Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Stylish Scarves

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Top 5 Stylish Scarves

Get wrapped up in this week's very comfortable episode of Top 5 with Lisa Foiles.

Watch Video

Rikku: If you're only going to wear a scarf it might as well be stylish...

Glad to see you didn't die a horrible virus-filled death, Lisa, but scarves are just a bad idea for most video game characters.

The one glaring omission:

I remember reading that someone on the Shinobi dev team made the scarf ridiculously long as a joke, and then everyone liked it so much that they kept it in the game.

We all know who would have been number 1 if the Fourth Doctor had been in a videogame. Amirite? Aaaaaaah, of course I'm right.

Toss up the horns for protoman!

I dunno, the "scarf" in Journey is just part of an elongated hood when you really look at it.

The only glaring omission I see is that there is no Luka from Bayonetta.

But I can't disagree with Journey as number one.

GAIS! How has it been 58 minutes and still no cat gif from this video?
Loading Ready Run had a cat gif done in 24 minutes so no records being broken here today.

And before anyone saying I should do my own **** work you **** **** face with the breath of **** **** I say to you this:
i can haz gif?

OT: I knew it would be

And yes Lisa, I am so stylish thanks to your video. All I'm wearing now is made from scarfs! :D

List = Fail

Everyone knows the forth Doctor has the best scarf ever!

Fuck yeah, Protoman is a baller!

I like how the categories are getting stranger and stranger as time goes on. Keep em coming!

What an odd concept for a list, but I guess it works.

I own a scarf, but I get so few opportunities to wear it, living in Texas and all.

NpPro93:

I remember reading that someone on the Shinobi dev team made the scarf ridiculously long as a joke, and then everyone liked it so much that they kept it in the game.

I was going to ask for an honorable mention for that scarf. You stole my thunder. Sad panda.

I'm glad that Rikku was on the list. Her scarf and hairstyle are really the only two things that stick in my head about her costume--probably because that's all there really is to her costume. Journey being number one caught me completely by surprise, but it's so true. I can't believe I didn't think of it until she said it. Fail on my part.

This is the kind of stuff non-gamers laugh at us for!

H-How can you forget about Hotsuma and his epic scarf?

You can't be a badass ninja without a badass scarf to go with it.

Oh snap... NpPro93 ninja'd me.
Fitting though.

NpPro93:

Holy crap I thought nobody would remember this. I don't know why but that scarf really added to the feeling of speed and agility of the character. Definitely an oversight though forgivable since it's somewhat old and not super popular I guess.

Looks like she got to much sun. Wear sunscreen, skin cancer is not a laughing matter.

I feel that Ryoji should get an honorable mention. Sure, his scarf looks out of place with his school uniform style, but dude still rocks it!

I know this list was centered on gaming, but it would be a tragedy if this comments section never mentioned the Fourth Doctor's awesome scarf:

I know nothing of scarf fashion, and I look forward to this show weekly. Somewhat unrelated facts. There I said it...er them.

Knives Chau (17 years old) from Scott Pilgrim vs. the world.

A teenage ninja with a broken heart.

Why the fuck isn't Stretch Panic on this list?

You're an adorable little girl wearing a magical scarf you can use to yank on massively endowed bimbos' tits... c'mon!

The omission is outrageous.

Raziel belongs on this list. His scarf EATS SOULS!

Also, I'm so glad this series came back. It's always a lot of fun. I like Jim's Show, Bob's shows, and Yahtzee. But they are all pretty pessimistic on the best of days. It's good to have light hearted fun shows like this and the Rhymedown Spectacular to add a bit of levity.

Thanks Lisa! :)

This episode was fabulous!

Lisa gets her own stylist? Cool beans.

Loved the addition of the cheesy retro pop songs for the last few shows. Hamming it up with "Turning Japanese" and "Don't Stop Believing" is like icing on a good cake.

Excellent switch from Journey to your own theme song :-D
Also, really love the show, Im so happy its back!

I approve of this video, if only for the "Go play Journey" message. I'm gonna be honest, I pretty much only watched it to see if Journey made the list. I wasn't disappointed.

Seriously, guys. Go play Journey.

Journey deserves number one.

However...

This guy didn't even make it onto the list.

FUCK THIS SHOW!

Oi, leave Kevin alone, its not his fault that you went for cute and fluffy instead of scaly, fire breathing and awesome.

Ninja'd by the show's presenter. When she said "go play Journey" I was fully prepared to go load up Rock Band 3 and buy "Don't Stop Believing" off RBN just to obey (cheaper than the game, y'see).

I'd definitely have Strider in this list, that's a badass scarf

thank-you for the video, although it was a bit shorter than normal. i would also add, that while i can not dispute that your scarves may have been fashionable, there seemed some obvious choices that served a valuable practical purpose as well.

for example, the scarf that Rose wears in street fighter, that lets her use magic powers.

from a gameplay perspective, the long scarf worn by the protagonist in shinobi for the PS2, served to aid in orientation in the fast paced action.

i hope there is a longer top 5 next time, and i am glad that you got better from what ever it was that had laid low earlier.

edit.
doh, ngpro93 ninjaed my ninja. well i guess great minds think alike.

Ronack:
We all know who would have been number 1 if the Fourth Doctor had been in a videogame. Amirite? Aaaaaaah, of course I'm right.

That was the first thing that crossed my mind too as soon as I saw the title.

You cannot beat that scarf, and pair it with the hat and coat.. perfect.

It's way cooler than a Fez and bowtie :)

My vote goes for Laharl.

Glad Viewtiful Joe at least made it to the intro montage.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here