Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Stylish Scarves

Pages PREV 1 2

Sorry, for being buzzkill
BUT
Is Nathan even wearing a scarf?
It looks more like a shemagh.

No Bang Shishigami? Too bad. He's the manliest ninja around.

Daystar Clarion:
Journey deserves number one.

However...

This guy didn't even make it onto the list.

FUCK THIS SHOW!

That's a cape, not a scarf

stef1987:
snip

Capes cover the shoulders.

Joe's scarf is like the scarf of the guy's in Journey, and is long and narrow.

Top 5 Stylish Scarves?!?!? Alright, we're officially OUT OF IDEAS.

Ronack:
We all know who would have been number 1 if the Fourth Doctor had been in a videogame. Amirite? Aaaaaaah, of course I'm right.

Well, you could always make your own. The instructions do exist, and they're translated to American(sizes) at that.

A few more missed:

RaiOh -- 2nd Super Robot Wars Original Generations
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wo_TDS-yMc
Want a badass scarf? How about a scarf big enough for a 70-foot tall mech?

Rose -- Street Fighter
Definitely a marriage of Form and Function. Most scarves only look good. Rose can kick your ass with hers.

Wow, clearly I don't pay attention to scarves because I had a hard time thinking of even 3. The most prominent one that came to mind was Lisa's number 1 so I guess there's that.

Hans Maulwurf:

Maybe you're new around here. Welcome to Lisa Foiles' show, where subjects can range anywhere from to Sexiest Glasses to Stylish Scarves.

My vote goes to Jazz from Jet Set Radio Future. The scarf really gives some depth to your movements and grind combos.

Man, you people still believe in scarves? How can you be so naive?

WhiteTigerShiro:

Hans Maulwurf:

Maybe you're new around here. Welcome to Lisa Foiles' show, where subjects can range anywhere from to Sexiest Glasses to Stylish Scarves.

The range between glasses and scarves includes such crowd pleasers as noses, earrings, and moustaches.

NpPro93:
The one glaring omission:

I remember reading that someone on the Shinobi dev team made the scarf ridiculously long as a joke, and then everyone liked it so much that they kept it in the game.

That one and Viewtiful Joe were 2 I was surprised not to see (though Joe was in the opening reel)

How?!

HOW!?!

What, has everyone just forgotten about the first time you used Rose's Ultra-Combo and sucked someone's soul out WITH HER SCARF?

Plus, it levitates. That's freaking awesome.

*Sigh* I am supsried they forgot to add the 4th Doctor, while he isn't a frequent game character there ARE a few (very old) games with him in it.

I definitely didn't take advantage of wearing a scarf enough last winter :p well not during 2013 anyway lol

Rikku and Nathan Drake made it in, but not Raziel!?

Nathan Drake barely has a scarf! Doesnt he even ditch it at some point?

And what about The Overlord, from Overlord? His scarf/shouldercape is 10x more awesome than Rikku's!

Wait... so there are guys who wouldn't ask her to Future Prom? We really are talking Sci-Fi.

Anyways, couldn't agree more about Journey. Awesome game, awesome scarf, awesome song. Well done.

(And yes I know, everyone is complaining about the 4th Doctor. If this wasn't a gaming centric show I'd be right there with them, but lets be honest, Doctor Who and games don't seem to mix extraordinarily well do they? Shame.)

Kinda at a loss with no mention of Lobomon.

There are too many others, I think we at least need some honourable mentions.

its episodes like this that make me wonder why i keep watching this show...

So I think scarves (is that the right plural) rock.. but I am usually so hot, I don't wear them. And I have no fashion sense.

Why is my top show only 4 minutes.. Even watching it twice doesn't cut it. FIX THIS NOW LISA> Be in more stuff!

Lisa what about Shinobi!? The scarf in that game basically thinks for itself. I was expecting at least an honorable mention. Also if you have not played Shinobi then you definitely should. It is great fun.

NpPro93:
The one glaring omission:

I remember reading that someone on the Shinobi dev team made the scarf ridiculously long as a joke, and then everyone liked it so much that they kept it in the game.

Here here!!

Loki_The_Good:
Holy crap I thought nobody would remember this. I don't know why but that scarf really added to the feeling of speed and agility of the character. Definitely an oversight though forgivable since it's somewhat old and not super popular I guess.

And... X-2 WAS popular enough? I think your logic is broken there.

No Miller Time?

EAT SOMETHING LISA!

Just kidding, but seriously you have some freakingly skinny arms.

(No not sexism! Not everything a man says about a woman is sexist.)

Loved that dudes "WHOO" in the background

I presume she didn't mention these two.

astrav1:
No Bang Shishigami? Too bad. He's the manliest ninja around.

Well obviously Bang had to be left out of this...

If he was in the list, he'd of taken spots 99-01, the Honorable mentions, and not to mention the much lusted for, rather secret, 0th spot...

Now excuse me, I must listen to the one thing even more inspirational and moving than Journey's "Don't Stop"

K84:
No Miller Time?

THAT IS AN ASCOT! The kind of an ascot you wear when you want to do nothing but sit around, set traps, and try and hit on rich chicks.

X's plasma scarf from Mega Man X Command Mission.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here