EXP: ScrewAttack's The Best EVER! - Retro Boss

ScrewAttack's The Best EVER! - Retro Boss

You think the boss fights we see today are tough? Check out some of these classic battles from the good ol' days!

Watch Video

Didn't had a nintendo 64 and never played bad fur day so this is the first time I heard or see this shit boss and MAN! that was weird! Now I gotta find and play this game some how.

I agree with Dark Link; he was so tough to beat. I had a Turbo Touch 360 as a kid, so I was able to spam jump and attack, and press down, so my sword would be all over the place. This technique worked for just about every Ironknuckle, and several bosses, but not Dark Link. That one required thinking, and carefully-timed attacks.

I agree with a lot of these, especially the Great Mighty Poo.

However this format isn't any good, other than it highlights the strange group of guys working at ScrewAttack.

The first one is especially bad, he automatically loses all credibility for having his baseball cap on backwards, there is also an unproven relationship with reversed caps and IQ :)

I'll say with ease Dark Link. As his second purely for the factor of "Oh my fucking god do I really have to fight this guy AGAIN?" Ridley in ANY Metroid. I really love to hate Ridley. I just remember the chill up my spine when he first showed up in Prime for Gamecube.
Last on my list is Kefka. Because Kefka. A good boss to me is one that just doesn't go away.

captcha: Easy as cake
Well, maybe they are now... Except Dark Link, I challenge anyone who's never played Zelda 2 to complete that game with NO walkthroughs like I did 26 years ago. Oh god I'm old.

ah, GMP. one of my favorite boss fights. good to see it getting some recognition.

I agree they are all epic, however I think it should have been called "nintendo" bosses, not retro bosses. There were other bosses I felt were more epic from older games, but that is just my opinion.

ScrewAttack:

You think the boss fights we see today are tough?

Yes.

Yes I do.

So no Sinistar?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcyBtVwAsfg

Wolfenstein 3D - Mecha Hitler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIZvU2l9_9o

Donkey Kong (as in the original arcade game)

Berzerk - Evil otto
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsQrdZINPPE

Think Nemesis from RE2 but Evil Otto will not just try to kill you but anything else in its way. Oh and it can go through walls.

I'm kinda surprised there were no fighter or shoot 'm up bosses in there. They're pretty into both genres at ScrewAttack.

Alfador_VII:
The first one is especially bad, he automatically loses all credibility for having his baseball cap on backwards, there is also an unproven relationship with reversed caps and IQ :)

Funny thing, Craig Skistimas is actually the head honcho of ScrewAttack.

chimpzy:

Alfador_VII:

Funny thing, Craig Skistimas is actually the head honcho of ScrewAttack.

Actually that explains a lot about the other videos. Especially that nobody overruled him on "Robot Craig" being the worst idea ever in the pirate list :)

Luca Blight from Suikoden 2 is the best boss fight. First you have to destroy his army with your army, then you have to fight him three different times with different groups of your heroes and between each fight your army fills him full of arrows and kills all the troops that come to help him and finally after all that you dual him with your main character. It's the kind of fight they could have ended the game with.

I watched some Conker's Bad Fur Day on youtube with PewDiePie. So I have been aware of it. I really want to play it but South Africa is a desert where no old good games ever came because of some political stuff no much entertainment was openly available during 80's early 90's. So I am stuck with youtube and the internet.

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 61854)