EXP: ScrewAttack's Real Trailers - Saints Row the 3rd

ScrewAttack's Real Trailers - Saints Row the 3rd

There's really only one weapon you'll need in Saints Row: The Third.

Watch Video

Ah, the dildo bat. May be the best weapon EVAR. There are few pieces of game swag I've ever seen that I wanted, but when Jim Sterling swings his around . . . I covet hard. I'm actually surprised this hasn't been done before.

Made me smile, but no outright laughs this time.

Hah! Awesome job!

I've heard that the box art for Sainta Row IV will be "very purple", but I fail to see how it could be more purple than the box art for The Third. [a few seconds later] OK, so I just took a look and, yeah, it's purple, but definitely not as purple as The Third. There's a huge orange space in the middle!

Also, THQ deserved to die for killing off de Blob.

Wyvern65:
Ah, the dildo bat. May be the best weapon EVAR. There are few pieces of game swag I've ever seen that I wanted, but when Jim Sterling swings his around . . . I covet hard. I'm actually surprised this hasn't been done before.

Made me smile, but no outright laughs this time.

I get it! [/Fry]

I'm disappointed I wasn't able to snag a real Penetrator, or the Purple Label and Saints Flow promo boxes. =(

At least I got a pair of SR3 Astro A40s though.

Shame the game sucked.... probably sucked the "big purple dick!"

People who are intimidated by fake virtual penis make me laugh. :D

On a related note: Not sure if I'm going to pick up SR4 or not, but I would like to give the dubstep gun a go...

captcha: flag day

Hail to the Chief, baby.

I think the reason "Honest Trailers" work, when they do- and certainly, their own rate is far from 100%- is that they have something significant to say about what they observe.

This doesn't, and so it doesn't really work. "There are only two memorable characters, there's a giant purple dildo weapon, the game didn't sell well enough to save its parent company."

Really? That's it?

Nothing about its attempts to distance itself from GTA? The fact that you can go through the entire game speaking like a zombie and no one notices? That it put Penthouse Pets into the game as DLC, and assumed what players wanted out of this feature was centerfolds to show up and shoot at people...? This doesn't seem like a shallow vein of material for comedy, and I'm not even a professional.

Callate:
I think the reason "Honest Trailers" work, when they do- and certainly, their own rate is far from 100%- is that they have something significant to say about what they observe.

This doesn't, and so it doesn't really work. "There are only two memorable characters, there's a giant purple dildo weapon, the game didn't sell well enough to save its parent company."

Really? That's it?

Nothing about its attempts to distance itself from GTA? The fact that you can go through the entire game speaking like a zombie and no one notices? That it put Penthouse Pets into the game as DLC, and assumed what players wanted out of this feature was centerfolds to show up and shoot at people...? This doesn't seem like a shallow vein of material for comedy, and I'm not even a professional.

I have the penthouse pets as my homies. :D Before you as "I must be a child" I'm 20.

Evil Smurf:
I have the penthouse pets as my homies. :D Before you as "I must be a child" I'm 20.

Hey, it's a power fantasy game in a lot of ways; I'm not one to judge. I just think it might have been a slightly more ripe source of humor than a full thirty seconds of "and there's a huge purple dildo, LOL."

Callate:

Evil Smurf:

Hey, it's a power fantasy game in a lot of ways; I'm not one to judge. I just think it might have been a slightly more ripe source of humor than a full thirty seconds of "and there's a huge purple dildo, LOL."

I think the funniest part is the punching people in the crouch animations.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here