The Quotable Movie Quote Quiz

This was way too easy. They gave you every answer by including pictures from the movies being quoted. I haven't even seen most of these movies and still got 100%.

Why were the pictures from the movies included?

MrMisfit:
This was way too easy. They gave you every answer by including pictures from the movies being quoted. I haven't even seen most of these movies and still got 100%.

Agreed the trainspotting one would have gotten me if it wasn't for the pic.

MrMisfit:

I've seen most of these movies but some I haven't watched in years but the pictures made it way too easy.

I started reading the first one and realised that it was just slowing me down and just stuck with the pictures, that precious few seconds still put me in 4th though. x)

Agreed. The pics made this waaay to easy.

After I noticed that the quote matched the picture (by the second question) I didn't even read the quotes.
I bit of a mistake to include the pictures, guys.

The pictures kind of killed the challenge, didn't they?

I scored 100%, with 10 of 10 correct on The Escapist's The Quotable Movie Quote Quiz.
Take this quiz
And adding the pictures did not make it challenging at all. I've only seen the trailers for some of these and I recognized the titles. The only one that would have got me was Trainspotting, which I recognized from the video for that song Iggy Pop made for that movie.

You made a quiz about memorable movie quotes and didn't put any quotes from Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan!

I've seen precisely one of those films, and I didn't recognise a single one of the quotes. I got 100%. That's... kind of a shit quiz really. Maybe you should have called it the "recognise pictures of famous characters" quiz.

demonjazz:
You made a quiz about memorable movie quotes and didn't put any quotes from Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan!

I can see it now...

"KHAAAAAAN!!!"

a) Star Wars Episode 1
b) Star Wars Episode 5
c) Spaceballs
d) Star Trek: Into Darkness

Kahani:
I've seen precisely one of those films, and I didn't recognise a single one of the quotes. I got 100%. That's... kind of a shit quiz really. Maybe you should have called it the "recognise pictures of famous characters" quiz.

This, unfortunately. I got 100% and it took me 1:41, but that was because I was sure that there was a trick question in there somewhere. But there wasn't, and I'm a bit disappointed because I would have only gotten about 3 of them right instead of all 10.

Regardless of how easy this quiz was with the pictures, I'm saddened by the fact that we didn't get a "War Room" quote. That is easily one of the best movie quotes out there, even the AFI thinks so. Or maybe that's why it wasn't included. *shrug*

At least the top badge is perfect. Can't get enough of Dr. Strangelove.

I scored 100%, with 10 of 10 correct on The Escapist's The Quotable Movie Quote Quiz.
Take this quiz

Yeah, well, ahh, that's just, like, your opinion man.

I'm a little disappointed in the Strangelove badge/quote, I would have preferred Group Captain Lionel Mandrake or Colonel 'Bat' Guano, especially the "they make such bloody good cameras" or "deviated prevert" lines.

...of course Muffley's call to Dmitri is the best part of the film.

Definitely should have been called "The Recognizable Movie Screenshot Quiz."

The best line of Dr Strangelove is the little noticed "I think the auto-destruct mechanism got hit and blew itself up"

Yep, went for the pictures. One I got because I knew he played a character with that name in some movie, so boom!

While the pictures did make it easier, I still had to guess on about half of them, and I still got 100%. That never happens to me with that many guesses...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here