Trailers: Thief - Garrett the Master Thief Trailer

Thief - Garrett the Master Thief Trailer

Garrett gets what he wants and he really wanted that one necklace.

Watch Video

YAHTZEE IS GONA HAVE A RANT.

I hope Yahtzee is still making video when this is released

Live. Action. Trailer.

Go piss your pants, you're not getting my approval until I see some gameplay.

Yuck. That voice. That ain't Garret.

I'm not even a Thief fan, and it still sounds all wrong.

This isn't looking good for the game. Still, not all hope is lost even if it is going in that direction. What the hell is with that bow though?

"Did you miss me?" No, I didn't because you're not Garrett. You're somebody awkwardly wearing his skin, trying to be like him and failing miserably.

What's yours is mine? Isn't it Monaco?

It's not a trailer, it's "We have mediocre voice actor and no idea how the gameplay should look like, so here is a minute of something thiefy"

I wanna see gameplay. Nothing else matters....

I like the voice. It's not the original actor's voice, but it gets the job done. Am I correct in concluding, though, that this won't be available on the Xbox 360? Annoying. I wasn't planning to get a One.

--Morology!

Bit of a miss
- Informed Gamer

That was just stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
A live-action trailer seriously? And what's up with the compound bow? He steal that thing and those moves from Hawkeye?
And then he says "Did you miss me?" in the smarmiest voice possible. Man, I felt like punching that guy in the face.

nayrbarr:
This isn't looking good for the game. Still, not all hope is lost even if it is going in that direction. What the hell is with that bow though?

Bows are cool now. & the original setting was fantasy-steampunk which equals free pass for weapon designs.

It's Devil may Cry all over again.

This is terrible. Not the original voice, didn't say anything in-character, just flashy action sequences that made him out to be a too-cool power fantasy playing into materialist American sentiment. Might as well have Mountain Dew sponsorship logos all over him.

Solacefire:
This is terrible. Not the original voice, didn't say anything in-character, just flashy action sequences that made him out to be a too-cool power fantasy playing into materialist American sentiment. Might as well have Mountain Dew sponsorship logos all over him.

yeah thats the general feeling I got

That being said there is the hope that this is just a trailer to drum up interest for people who have not hear of the series and is using a generic focus group tested personality because that what interests people.

But lets be honest, this is probadly just going to be Human Revolution: mediveal edition with a generic protagonist. Still the plot might be good in its own right.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here