Escapist News Now: Xbox One Price And New Games

Xbox One Price And New Games

Microsoft announces the release date and price of the Xbox One along with a ton of new games.

Watch Video

Who's that person on my monitor, she sounds familiar :D

OT: Not really impressed to be honest, but I didn't have high hopes to begin with.

Witcher 3 and DK2 aren't Xbone exclusives, so I'm not worried yet :D

Can/can't wait to buy and/or subscribe to those games/lease items, so I can lend/not lend them to friends and/or enemies who can't/can borrow/subscribe to all or none of them, for a one-off recurring fee..which I will be able to do (or not) while they install or don't, all while some MS engineer laughs at me through the Kinect as long as I'm connected to the astral plane just once a day, 365 days a year!

Seriously though, I hope at the very least this surge in newer hardware makes some developers want to veer off the beaten track.

Daystar Clarion:

I don't know, but I find her more likable than the normal host.

These titles don't do anything to make me want a Bone. Dead Rising 3, maybe, but I'm not buying a whole console for one or two games.

Daystar Clarion:

OT: Not really impressed to be honest, but I didn't have high hopes to begin with.

Witcher 3 and DK2 aren't Xbone exclusives, so I'm not worried yet :D

Quantum Break sounds pretty interesting. It makes me wonder how the choices people make in game will effect a show. I am guessing it will most likely be majority decides which is kinda depressing because I would love to see the outcome of both choices.

Son of Rome looks pretty cool.

Zachary Amaranth:

Daystar Clarion:

I don't know, but I find her more likable than the normal host.

These titles don't do anything to make me want a Bone. Dead Rising 3, maybe, but I'm not buying a whole console for one or two games.

It's Nasrin!

You don't know Nasrin?

Shame on you!

So Defiance worked so brilliantly that everyone is jumping on the tv show / game bandwagon? ... er... anyone got any articles showing how brilliantly that worked and if anyone cared?

I just can't see a show / game interaction working, for reason I outlined elsewhere about Defiance.

Daystar Clarion:

It's Nasrin!

You don't know Nasrin?

Shame on you!

Not by actual name or appearance, no.

I FEEL NO SHAME!

At this point, I am going to wait until more info is available on the localisation of the various Xbox One features. Since Netflix, Hulu, etc. are not available where I am, it will make a big difference for me. The list of games is not enough to make me rush out, or convince me that my Xbox 360 is obsolete and no longer fun.

she sounds different here then on the podcat or is that just me. finally what I've been waiting for news of actual games. still not enough to make me want to buy it probably wait a ways into this console generation before picking which system to get become a more informed buyer.

Having to ask for permission everyday to play games that I own is a deal breaker. I'm not a thief and I shouldn't be treated like a criminal. If I walked into a department store and security followed me around, I wouldn't be shopping there anymore.

I'm extremely disappointed with Microsoft's anti-consumer polices and I'm amazed that so many people will accept them.

Having said that, Dead Rising 3 looks amazing, Quantum Break looks like something I'd play, and Titanfall looked pretty good too. Even though Battlefield 4 looks great, I mostly play single player games.

None of them are interesting enough to make me willing to put up with the cost and nonsense of the next gen systems.

Xbox, remove the stupid second hand malarky or whatever you're doing with it. Then we'll talk.

Nope. Not interested. Not after seeing bits of the sony presentation.

captcha: left right.. the left hand of ms has no idea what the right hand is doing? maybe?

1) No, I'm not getting a Xbone even after seeing this video

2) The host should practice a broadcasting voice or either speak louder or clearer, it seems she just blurt out the words, it's really hard for non-americans to understand.

will pass my current xbox is a pain to get the internet to work on,due to a shitty ethernet port. i dont want a knect i dont have one now why would i want one? the xbox gets use for games and thats it. EA pulled this same crap with battlefield 3, as i was only able to get a second hand copy only to find 3/4 of the game locked. so drm can eat a dick

Looks good, getting the Xbox One for sure.

The other consoles have nothing of interest anyways.

Hello new person *waves* I'm really surprised by the amount of new IPs that are being announced // The last generation was build on the backs of sequels but here they knew they need to impress with game to get any one to by the new xbox

Sadly I feel that all those publishers who signed exclusive contracts for their IPs on the xbone, those games will never be played

-M

I actually really liked the look of Titanfall, it seems like they are trying to combine the best of multiplayer and singleplayer together and that's coming from someone who is not really into online games.

It is at least $50 too expensive, probably overpriced by $100.

Nothing to impress, nice to see some risk taking but I'm sorry Exclusives that have committed to Xbox One no go for me. The Xbox One needs to treat gamers with more respect... the Parole style 24 hour login is a console-breaker.

And the day they withdraw Xbox Live services for the 360 is the day I will mail my Xbox 360 back to them.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here