Saints Row IV Preview: From President to Superhero

so, is it more like Saints row 2 instead of The Third?

because 2 had the best mixture of crazy and story.

the third was more about "look at what we are doing, PAY ATTENTION TO US!"

So if the third game was the Army of Darkness to Saint's Row 2's Evil Dead 2, what is this? The insane, nonsensical fan comic?

yay more insanity and mindless violence :D im pleased

Am I really the only one who notices that the President is Ben Affleck?

Scarecrow:
So if the third game was the Army of Darkness to Saint's Row 2's Evil Dead 2, what is this? The insane, nonsensical fan comic?

Serious Sam: Being Fucking God edition

Eurgh......yes Volition, when one of the biggest complaints about SR3 was that it was *too* over the top, the obvious answer is to add even more over the top stuff, that'll show them!

Does anyone remember when Saint's Row was just about some random guy on the street who was almost killed by gangs, but was saved by a different gang leader, so he joined them for protection?

Also the way they killed Johnny Gat was bullshit

Lionsfan:
Eurgh......yes Volition, when one of the biggest complaints about SR3 was that it was *too* over the top, the obvious answer is to add even more over the top stuff, that'll show them!

Does anyone remember when Saint's Row was just about some random guy on the street who was almost killed by gangs, but was saved by a different gang leader, so he joined them for protection?

Maybe they are making the games they want to make and dont really care what some people whine about, as they know those of us that have fun with their stuff will buy it?

And yes, most people remember when it was a GTA Clone.

Edit as you edited: Yeah Gat's death was pretty BS.

I always wondered what you were dreaming about in that coma dream between SR1 and SR2.

Lionsfan:

Johnny Gat's not dead. He's frozen. And as soon as they find a cure for bullets we're gonna thaw out the Gat and he's gonna be pretty pissed off. You know why? You ever taken a cold shower? Well, multiply that by fifteen-million times and that's how pissed off the Gat's gonna be. I'm gonna get the Gat, and Shaundi, and Pierce and a case of whiskey and drive down to Stilwater... No, wait, fuck Pierce.

Glad they haven't turned it down. I want to kill the baddies WITH THE POWER OF DUBSTEP-INFUSED BLACK HOLES.

...And I can.

This is mind-blowing.

It's got to have style, that's key for me. I really loved the corporate swagger from the 3rd and the music and the Saints shops, shame the rest of the game wasn't so good at keeping that feeling up, but for me, that's what the core of my Saints Row is

MinionJoe:

Lionsfan:

Johnny Gat's not dead. He's frozen. And as soon as they find a cure for bullets we're gonna thaw out the Gat and he's gonna be pretty pissed off. You know why? You ever taken a cold shower? Well, multiply that by fifteen-million times and that's how pissed off the Gat's gonna be. I'm gonna get the Gat, and Shaundi, and Pierce and a case of whiskey and drive down to Stilwater... No, wait, fuck Pierce.

Sidney Buit:
I always wondered what you were dreaming about in that coma dream between SR1 and SR2.

I got $50 riding on "The entirety of Saints Row 3&4".

Captcha: high-flyer
Disturbingly relevant, Captcha...

Honestly after the GUNS MORE GUNS! DUBSTEP!!! GRITTY BLACK AND BROWN!!! games we've been getting I'm happy about where SR4 is going.

Maybe all the fun and color that was suposed to be in Dead Rising 3 just bled over into SR4 in the wash or something

I preordered this games as soon as possible so hard I needed to go to hospital.

Kalezian:
so, is it more like Saints row 2 instead of The Third?

because 2 had the best mixture of crazy and story.

the third was more about "look at what we are doing, PAY ATTENTION TO US!"

The best quote I ever heard about the SR2 vs SR3 thing came from these forums. I cannot recall the posters name or the exact wording but it was akin to this:

Saints Row 2 was like a well timed fart that everyone laughed at and Saints Row: The Third was like the same guy then saying: "Oh yeah, well if you liked that watch this!" and then shitting the bed.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here