Feed Dump: Boards of Beyonce

Boards of Beyonce

Music is the universal language, but perhaps not this music.

Watch Video

What is with that ending with Graham?!?

Fun Fact: You can not know Kathleen (& by know I mean follow her on twitter) and not know about Boards of Canada and that they have a new album coming out

-M

Wow, that music was really something. I must say, Kathleen's singing is certai- *puts finger to earpiece*
What's that? Yes. I've just received word from the credits that the lady in the video was in fact Kate Stark. Now, back to you in the studio.

The goat bit was hellafunny. Awesome episode, again.

You get those beats at the thrift shop white girl?

captcha: have an inkling
I rarely do catptcha, I rarely do

In the credits, under "Appearing" it says:
Graham Stark
Kate Stark
Alex Steacy

The lack of Kathleen is made doubly confusing by the fact that the credits also clearly state:
Edited By
Kathleen De Vere

Is this an in-joke I'm not getting or a legitimate goof?

I'm impressed by the number of people reading through the credits. Also, Graham I had no idea your voice could be quite so... entrancing.

Kathleen once again disregard any requested beats.
Job well done.

PS. Graham, you need to host a radio station.

Kate looks suprisingly like Kathleen this week. Are you using new camera equipment or something?

SwimmingRock:
In the credits, under "Appearing" it says:
Graham Stark
Kate Stark
Alex Steacy

The lack of Kathleen is made doubly confusing by the fact that the credits also clearly state:
Edited By
Kathleen De Vere

Is this an in-joke I'm not getting or a legitimate goof?

It's probably some sort of clue. We should head over to the LRR Wiki and spend several weeks trying to find the significance of it.

There may be better sources for news, but they don't have... this hat that was named because of it's once popularity with sources for news.

The credits are indeed part of a larger mystery! We're calling in The Mysterious Case of How Kathleen Forgot to Update the Credits.

xD Oh Kathleen...

First your fabulous singing, now your deficient memory for properly updating the credits for Feed Dump every week.

Wow Graham...heck of a deep radio voice there. I imagine thats how Graham would sound during "Barry White Hour"

Graham_LRR:
The credits are indeed part of a larger mystery! We're calling in The Mysterious Case of How Kathleen Forgot to Update the Credits.

Well, we now know there are several copies of Kathleen. So, maybe each copy expected one of the others to do it, and then all of them just ended up petting cats.

OUCH!!!

Ow-ow-ow-ow-owie!!!

And I thought that I had been bleached at birth! :D

And what was up with the microphone-munching ending?

I'm in pain and I'm confused! D:

Alex, Graham and Kathleen: my favorite Feed Dump lineup. Graham's super-extra white "I'm straight-up hood" made me piss myself.

Yes, you'll be getting a cleaning bill.

Guys, you need to cut a studio version of "Single Goats."

Ohlookit'sMatty:

Fun Fact: You can not know Kathleen (& by know I mean follow her on twitter) and not know about Boards of Canada and that they have a new album coming out

-M

I think that's true of most Canadians.

ThunderCavalier:
xD Oh Kathleen...

First your fabulous singing, now your deficient memory for properly updating the credits for Feed Dump every week.

Ok, so I know the "official story" is that Kathleen just accidentally forgot to update the credits, but how likely is that really?

I've been messing around with the audio in Audacity, and there is something that sounds a hell of a lot like back masked screaming and satanic chanting in the mix. And get this, when the audio is reversed, it happens right after the credits! There has got to be a connection.

Thunderous Cacophony:
Wow, that music was really something. I must say, Kathleen's singing is certai- *puts finger to earpiece*
What's that? Yes. I've just received word from the credits that the lady in the video was in fact Kate Stark. Now, back to you in the studio.

They killed Kate off in the season finale.

Huh... so the first two stories are actually about GOOD ideas... who'd have thought?

And Kathleen... honey, please never rap again.

How did we get to Beyoncé goats again?

Zachary Amaranth:

Ohlookit'sMatty:

-M

I know about Boards of Canada from Rock Paper Shotgun, who are English. So maybe it's not a Canada thing, but only a highly developed, predominantly white, English speaking, Prime Minister ruled country thing.

The Random One:

I know about Boards of Canada from Rock Paper Shotgun, who are English. So maybe it's not a Canada thing, but only a highly developed, predominantly white, English speaking, Prime Minister ruled country thing.

It's primarily a Canadian thing, though. I know other people know of them, but it's practically a residence requirement.

Ok Kathleen, you may have this. :D

*listens to rap*

Ok Kathleen, warn me next time. :P

ICE CREAM!! XD

Graham was that an NPR voice or a late night smooth Jazz DJ voice?

Graham at the end of the feed, was that an impression of Ralph Garman's Harrison Ford impression, from Hollywood Babble On? If so Babble the F#@$ on good sir.

Zachary Amaranth:

Ohlookit'sMatty:

-M

Boards of Canada are not even Canadian, though (nor are they on any board). They're Scottish.

Don Reba:

Boards of Canada are not even Canadian, though (nor are they on any board). They're Scottish.

They're also not good. It doesn't change the fact that most Canadians seem to go ape for them.

Zachary Amaranth:

Don Reba:

They're also not good. It doesn't change the fact that most Canadians seem to go ape for them.

Myself (Canadian), I kind of like them, but there is much better ambient music.

I think Kathleen broke my mind just a bit with the rapping. Also, I've learned that there was an actor named Graham Stark in the movie Victor Victoria. Apparently it's a good name to have.

Razzigyrl:
I think Kathleen broke my mind just a bit with the rapping. Also, I've learned that there was an actor named Graham Stark in the movie Victor Victoria. Apparently it's a good name to have.

You don't watch Game of Thrones, do you?

I've got to be honest: I didn't find this episode particularly funny.

Also, lately I've noticed that there is no "NEWS" stamp appearing over the type-of-news title card. It's silly but I always found it amusing the juxtaposition of whatever the opening subject was with the word "NEWS", and now that it's just the phrase without "NEWS" it just doesn't strike me as funny that way.

Don't really know about much of the music Boards of Canada has done
but there is this one thing I really like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2zKARkpDW4

Whoever don't know who BoC are should...well...get to know them. Yes. And tell everyone else. Maybe we CAN save this world.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here