E3 2007: Who Won the Press Event (Console) War?

E3 2007: Who Won the Press Event (Console) War?

If sales of the new generation of consoles were a NASCAR race, it would look something like this:

Microsoft is off to an early lead, having suited up and lapped the track for a full year before Nintendo and Sony even arrived at Daytona. But in the eight months Nintendo has been in the race, they've been burning through tires as fast as Dunlop can make them, and so far they've halved the Microsoft's lead, and are still coming on strong.

Meanwhile, Sony, in the number three car, is laboring just to match their own time from the previous race and Microsoft has been forced to take number of emergency pitstops, which may not cost them the race, but certainly can't help.

Race prediction: Nintendo takes the checkered flag before Christmas, Microsoft hangs on to an impressive, but relatively weak number two position and Sony fires their driver and throws the old car back into the race so they can at least claim "former glory."

Also, Jeff Gordon is a weenie.

1st: Sony
2nd: Microsoft
3rd: Nintendo

For the press conference, not necessarily how they'll perform come the Holidays.

Firstly, Echochrome, Kill Zone 2, Gran Turismo 5, MGS4, Little Big Planet, 'nuff said. Microsoft had a fairly strong showing, but ultimately showed nothing new, most likely saving it for X07. And Nintendo... their conference was embarrassing, how many dead silences were there? And not to mention one of their biggest announcements was Wii Fit.

To paraphrase a comment made by a 1Up editor, "I used to want to expand the market, but Nintendo showed me that that's not what I want".

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here