Zero Punctuation: Console Rundown

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Wasn't that alread out before months?

Kitari:
Yahtzee has a life, we can't demand anything from him.

He may have a life but he's also getting paid for playing games and getting free games. Probably also got an all expenses paid trip to NY, same as he did with his trip to Valve.

Oh how my heart bleeds for his 'hard' lifestyle.

Ok, how did so many of you learn to type on a forum but are still incapable of reading? They actually did bother to explain the situation in the text of the original post AND on the video site. They're at the Webby Awards. It's a simple sentence right there... you've got to be kidding me.

That video is outdated, but it's still funny, and except for the broader spectrum of games available it's still mostly true.

And to the poster above me... jealousy makes an ugly pantsuit, mate ;)

I can't believe the amount of bitching going on here. I'd rather see Yahtzee take some time off if he's busy rather than throwing something shitty together.

You're not entitled to a new ZP every week.

As I said earlier he is probably playing Guns of the Patriots, and next week we will have this marvelous review of it.

Dexter111:
btw. who else doesn't see a difference between DVD and Blu-Ray besides obviously half-blind Yahtzee, or does he actually try to watch them with 3D-Goggles on? xD

King Kong: http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u98/adzez/Viewer/c7ff7e16.png

Underworld Blu-Ray: http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u98/adzez/Bluray/cfee67bf.pngUnderworld
DVD: http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u98/adzez/DVD/96e978e3.png

Underworld Blu-Ray: http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u98/adzez/Bluray/e6122f50.png
Underworld DVD: http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u98/adzez/DVD/1b36b81f.png

Pirates: http://www.silver-ware.net/movies/potc1unf.png

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/dvd/hddvd/comparison_base._V5835714_.jpg

Okay you really can see a difference between Blu-Ray and standard dvd? Look in the backround of the King Kong screen shot, notice on the right how the back round and kong himself are blurry yet on the left its magically crystal clear? And even this is a horrible example as King Kong was one of the first titles released.

Transformers SD
http://www.firingsquad.com/media/hirez.asp?file=/features/transformers_hd_dvd_review/images/03.png

Transformers HD
http://www.firingsquad.com/media/hirez.asp?file=/features/transformers_hd_dvd_review/images/04.png

UpInSmoke:
I can't believe the amount of bitching going on here. I'd rather see Yahtzee take some time off if he's busy rather than throwing something shitty together.

You're not entitled to a new ZP every week.

I'm not pissed that there is no ZP - Well I am, but I'm not gonna bitch - I'm just pissed as well as confused that they've given us this video. I'm not sure if they're trying to fool us but I can't see why else they would put this video up as the latest one.

Yes I do prefer Yahtzee take his time to play the games he shall review; and as much as I want him to stay funny while trashing the hell out of the games he plays, I really whant to see (or hear) him say positive and insightfull things too (the jokes can be on the positive too, not only the negatives), that way things will be more clear in terms of how he REALLY views the games. I say this because I'm starting to get the sense that his reviews are more of a fan pleasing affair lately.

yes, damn these demoniacally evil (the)Escapist henchmen who, after being rewarded something as pathetic as a prestigious award, seizes the opportunity to throw their arms in the air and perhaps even congratulate themselves a little over their achievement.

Truly, their only reason for doing this would be to attempt to skip out of the services they owe us AS IS ORDAINED BY THE LAW and, not an entirely justified self-promotion riding on the back on the award they have won.

NO, wait. It must be that they are trying to fool us into thinking we have received the service they owe us by posting, under cover of night and mist, an episode of Zero Punctuation which was indeed, and this may shock some of you, not an entirely new episode.
The text that states in plain and obvious words that the video is indeed a repost chosen because they rather liked and are a little too busy being showered with rewards and hookers to put up a new one, could only be a meaningless illustration of the webpage, not to be read or taken into account AT ALL.

So it must be. For the Escapist staff could not possibly have anything in their life but service to us glorious consumers, and betrayal to fuel their fiendish plans.

so wait.. now we're gonna have ZP reruns? :(

Congrats to YZ and all of you fun folk at the Escapist on your Webby's.

At first I was miffed because X-Play didn't show a ZP preview last evening, and I had to suffer through more of Morgan Webb pretending she's funnier than a three-legged dog trying to cross the road before getting creamed by an oncoming garbage truck. Then I came here and realized there was no preview because the folks from the Escapist are too busy being awesome. Or at least thanking us, the somewhat oblivious (and, in my case, bloated and gun-toting) consumer, for considering them to be awesome.

By why Console Rundown? If I were list my top 3 favourite ZPs, Console Rundown would not make the list. Why not The Witcher, or The Orange Box, or Tomb Raider Anniversary? All of these are at least a few months in the past, and are of much better quality than Console Rundown, which feels like YZ's faceless Escapist masters gave to him as a filler assignment while they waited for a game worth reviewing to be released in Australia. But at least we can find these gems and other treasures I've mentioned just by clicking our mice a couple more times. Unless, like me, you are American and therefore lazy unless a cheeseburger or the promise of boobies is being dangled within your cone of vision.

EDIT: I have included links to the aforementioned better installments of ZP to make things even easier for my fellow Americans as they reach for their carbonated high-calorie soft drinks. I also included a reference to tits, because that's comedic, and apparently more acceptable in America than bloody violence, if the difference in trailers for the film adaptation of Wanted in this country and Russia are to be believed.

Self-righteous morons to the left of them, self-righteous morons to the right of them, self-righteous morons to the front of them, volleyed, and flame-warred!

Good lord, it seems everyone has to be a melodramatic, faux-sarcastic arse lately. Either jumping to the immediate protection, or act like a general ass-hat. Yes, it's true that the Escapist doesn't have to provide us anything. I honestly think most of us would just say "Oh well, that's a bit disappointing" if they'd just said "Sorry, we're at the Webbys, can't make one this week". The objection is simple:

RERUNS!?

I honestly cannot fathom the so-called logic that led to them honest-to-god thinking that they should suggest a rerun to us. On the internet. It has to be a joke. And then, to top it off, completing the circle of turning the media back into from whence it came, they chuck on an advert almost doubling the length of the video. Amending adverts onto the end or beginning, loading separately, I can understand, and don't really mind. I can even understand those flocking bustard pop-ups inside the video, annoying as they may be. Splicing in an advert in what I can only presume is an attempt to convince people to watch the video again for an amendment is just... moronic.

And for what it's worth, I don't give five bloody tosses about Young People Fucking, the fantastic film showing only in freaking America!

I mean, good God, this is simple stuff. If we wanted a re-run, we'd click on the fecking link. Welcome, people, to the freaking internet!

In any case, can't wait for next week's.

this is an old video he allrety made this 1 weeks ago dam :(

wtf this is a repeat

The Anonymous Mr P:

Good lord, it seems everyone has to be a melodramatic, faux-sarcastic arse lately.

Why, Mr P, I have no idea what you mean.

The Anonymous Mr P:

In any case, can't wait for next week's.

Neither can I.

Personally, after the unadulterated crap like Kung Fu Grip and Video Game Theatre, I was really looking forward to my weekly bile fest from Yahtzee.

Then I got linked back to a video I could have seen any day of the week.

Now I'm sad :(

Seriously Ben, you're gonna have a porch full of milk if you don't actually let people know you're not coming to work for a week.

Thank God. I was about to march over here and do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egzw2w25khU.

I felt that repeated vid was the Owl.

The Anonymous Mr P:

And for what it's worth, I don't give five bloody tosses about Young People Fucking, the fantastic film showing only in freaking America!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0913445/
Certification:
UK:15 | Finland:K-15 | Canada:16+

I honestly thought this was a joke...

Well that was a dissapointment as Yahtzee had already done this exact video ages ago.
It is understandable though as they r off accepting their reward but u think they wud have just not done a video.

WTF wasn't this out already?!

The_root_of_all_evil:

The Anonymous Mr P:

Certification:

(deleted by user due to ********.)

A rerun?! Couldn't you have just given us like a 30 second filler clip instead?
Well, congrats on your webby I guess. If I would have known it would have cost us a week of Yahtzee I would have voted against him.

UnaidedCoder:
Awesome installment, however one little detail: there is a mario game on Wii, Super Paper Mario.

And Mario Galaxy, but when he made the video, it was before the game was released.

Great video though.

JOE COOL:

The_root_of_all_evil:

The Anonymous Mr P:

Certification:

Holy Shit, what the fuck is this!!!!!!!!

And why is the Escapist pushing this so hard? If Ben was in it somewhere and therefore all of his female fans would clamour to the video store to get a peek at his bare Anglo-Australian arse, I'd understand that.

why release an old video? That's just F@CKING LAZY.

get to work and make new video's instead of:

a) watching the Europe Football Competition
b) masturbating heavily (personal favorite)
c) being dead

:P

klarax:
why release an old video? That's just F@CKING LAZY.

get to work and make new video's instead of:

a) watching the Europe Football comp
b) masturbating heavily (personal favorite)
c) dead

:P

Ah, but that's just the thing. The entire Escapist staff is in New York, tossing each other off over the success that garners a Webby award. And why do your own wanking when someone else can do it for you?

Anyone impatient for more Yahtzee should check out the latest Australian Gamer podcast. Its the second one with Yahtzee in it and he is every bit as funny as in ZP.

http://www.australiangamerpodcast.com/mp3/Australian_Gamer_Podcast_123.mp3

Wednesdays are the pinnicle of my week. I'm a little down that he didn't make us a video before he went to the Webbys.

/cry

/wrists :P

Instead of a repeat, one of the first 2 reviews (the darkness and fable i think) that were done freelance before Yahtzee was hired by the escapist should of been posted; one would assume, not everyone who watches the current videos released every week, has seen them and they would be "new" to the escapist's line up. Just a thought.

Deadwings:
A rerun?! Couldn't you have just given us like a 30 second filler clip instead?
Well, congrats on your webby I guess. If I would have known it would have cost us a week of Yahtzee I would have voted against him.

Ouch. Not Yahtzee's fault, and anyway, I think he's entitled to take a week to accept something that'll no doubt improve his sense of self-worth. I think he's deserving of the award, to be fair, and if you spread it out well enough, watching the previous ones (or even better, finding something to do in *gasp* real life) over the next week will be fine until a new one pops up.

I'll admit I was disappointed we didn't get a new ZP this week but I loved the console rundown the first time I saw it and it's still good. Well done to everyone at Escapist for the well deserved Webby awards

Way to make sure no one ever votes for you in the Webbys again!

Oh, and Reruns make Zero SENSE on the internet, where asynchronous, archived content is available. Please never do it again.

aesir:
Instead of a repeat, one of the first 2 reviews (the darkness and fable i think) that were done freelance before Yahtzee was hired by the escapist should of been posted; one would assume, not everyone who watches the current videos released every week, has seen them and they would be "new" to the escapist's line up. Just a thought.

qft.

Yeah seriously, he's not like our entertainment monkey who we can make dance for us on command!! They have a 14 hour flight to the awards and back not to mention all the official business/drinking they have to do :D It's well deserved and I'm glad they got it.

The_root_of_all_evil:
Personally, after the unadulterated crap like Kung Fu Grip and Video Game Theatre, I was really looking forward to my weekly bile fest from Yahtzee.

The new episode of Unforgotten Realms will be up tomorrow, and it's very good (I got an early look). So you can end the week on a high note.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54106)