Zero Punctuation: Console Rundown

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

BlueInkAlchemist:

qft.

Not realy considering turtling when i was suggesting an alternative and also trying to enlighten anyone who may not know about his prior two reviews before coming on the escapist. Maybe you should Quit Fucking Posting when you have nothing to say.

shikatsu:
Way to make sure no one ever votes for you in the Webbys again!

Oh, and Reruns make Zero SENSE on the internet, where asynchronous, archived content is available. Please never do it again.

We'll have to take a week off to mourn our loss next year instead I guess. :(

Edit: I'ma cut you, Virgil.

jane_says:
Yeah seriously, he's not like our entertainment monkey who we can make dance for us on command!! They have a 14 hour flight to the awards and back not to mention all the official business/drinking they have to do :D It's well deserved and I'm glad they got it.

I tend to agree with you, but who may I ask are you agreeing with? The quote button's right there, in the corner. ---------v

Oh, and iconlove. Asuka's awesome.

EDIT: It's supposed to be an arrow, okay?

aesir:

BlueInkAlchemist:

qft.

Not realy considering turtling when i was suggesting an alternative and also trying to enlighten anyone who may not know about his prior two reviews before coming on the escapist. Maybe you should Quit Fucking Posting when you have nothing to say.

Ahem. "qft" usually means "quoted for truth" in the circles I travel in, and according do the Urban Dictionary, that's the correct definition.

Additionaly, since I play Horde and not Alliance, I tend to think turtling is for cowards and stupids.

oh, well then i appoligize; the only main public forum i post in its "quit fucking turtling". yay for the internet abbreviations?

Ok, already done this one but it does make me wanna raise a hand & say, lets have an update! Or maybe not.

FuZion.

aesir:
oh, well then i appoligize; the only main public forum i post in its "quit fucking turtling". yay for the internet abbreviations?

qft. ;D

aesir:

If you'd actually cared you could have posted the links instead, so for anyone who still hasn't seen em:
The Darkness (Demo): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWS9_nrKOPA
Fable: The Lost Chapters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYQLR7dE5k4
Introduction to Zero Punctuation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOBTN67K0Zw

It's my birthday today! Too bad no new video from Yahtzee on 11/06...

WETF RERUNS./?1/?1/1/!/1/!1

My world just collapsed. I will go and commit suicide in the corner now, right after I finish this post...

/sarcasm

Seriously, though. I was a tad disappointed of course, but it's always nice to watch the classics again =D

Dexter111:

aesir:

If you'd actually cared you could have posted the links instead, so for anyone who still hasn't seen em:
The Darkness (Demo): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWS9_nrKOPA
Fable: The Lost Chapters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYQLR7dE5k4
Introduction to Zero Punctuation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOBTN67K0Zw

Respectfully, i was just putting forth the idea that they could of used one of those as the video for this week instead of a repeat. Technically those would of been new to the escapist's lineup; no real work would of had to be done by Yahtzee. I'm sure that not everyone knows about them, and I assumed anyone who read that post that hadn't seen them would of gone in search for them on youtube of their own adventure.

edit: on a sidenote i would really like to see an updated "Console Rundown", it has been almost a year and the industry has grown enough to merit one imo.

There's no new video this week...and life goes on people. Really. Anyway, why are there these annoying ads tacked onto the end of every video?

Reruns on the internet?

Just a little bit pretentious maybe? :)

Soo.. Yahtzee's doing reruns now?

i will take mama yahtzee out for a nice sea food dinner, and never call her again!

Reruns don't bother me. Maybe it's because I haven't watched TV in about a year and a half...

BlueInkAlchemist:
Additionaly, since I play Horde and not Alliance, I tend to think turtling is for cowards and stupids.

...AUGH!! World of Warcrap reference! *holds his fingers like a cross to ward off the evil game*

...AUGH!! Reruns!

Nah, but I'm glad Yahtzee got to go to this thing. I just don't understand why he didn't make one earlier and post it when he had the time. How long could it take to make one of his little video things? It only takes the Brothers Chaps something like one night to do an entire Strong Bad Email. Oh well.

everyone:
reruns?

Since a great many people are overlooking the text next to the video, and also copied into the thread at various points/pages (including post numero uno), and then inquiring about the "madness", here it is again, brought to you at great effort and expense:

Yahtzee Croshaw:
This week we're all (including Yahtzee) in New York to accept our Webby awards. We'll be back next week with a new Zero Punctuation, but for now, have another look at this encore presentation of one of our favorite episodes, Yahtzee's review of the console war. Cheers, and thanks again to everyone who voted for us.

As for why the "madness" (rerun) this week, I suspect that since travelling from Yahtzeeland to NYC can sometimes involve time travel, "preparations" had to be made - "preparations" that could have affected the quality of this week's finished product to below what the distinguished and sophisticated fanbase has come to expect.

@paulgruberman:

The point of my initial post was not to talk about the "madness" but it's particular flavor. I simply don't see Console Rundown as one of my favorites.

I really don't see the point in this video been shown again. If i want to watch it again (which i sometimes do) i just search the videos for it. Oh well, congratulations on the award anyway.

pilf:
I really don't see the point in this video been shown again. If i want to watch it again (which i sometimes do) i just search the videos for it. Oh well, congratulations on the award anyway.

I'm sure the idea was to keep all the "where the F is ZP?!?!" complaints localized in one place.

Virgil:

The_root_of_all_evil:
Personally, after the unadulterated crap like Kung Fu Grip and Video Game Theatre, I was really looking forward to my weekly bile fest from Yahtzee.

The new episode of Unforgotten Realms will be up tomorrow, and it's very good (I got an early look). So you can end the week on a high note.

But I'm at work tomorrow :( But ta Virgil, we don't mind waiting if we know there's something good coming. ;)

An oldy but a goody.

UpInSmoke:

pilf:

I'm sure the idea was to keep all the "where the F is ZP?!?!" complaints localized in one place.

True, I guesss it would keep many people quiet. It is afterall a pretty good episode, very true.

BlueInkAlchemist:
The point of my initial post was not to talk about the "madness" but it's particular flavor. I simply don't see Console Rundown as one of my favorites.

Was more in response to another influx of "WTF reruns?" posts (not including the ones marked as sarcasm).

Console Rundown isn't one of my favorites, either. Clive Barker's Clive Barker's Jericho by Clive Barker would probably get my vote for favorite, if pressed to choose. I'm sure Console Rundown has plenty of fans, as well.

I was going to post that this was already done, but I noticed that there were 4 pages discussing this already. Ah well.

Oh wait, I just posted that this video was already done, but just more subtly. Great. :(

paulgruberman:
Clive Barker's Clive Barker's Jericho by Clive Barker would probably get my vote for favorite, if pressed to choose.

Goodness. I haven't seen that one in ages. *hunts it down*

Haven't I seen this before? I could quote him word by word as i was watching the video.

Edit: *facepalm*

I got stuck some fire-related railway disaster for three hours and didn't watch this the second it got released...

Ugh, what was the point of this? If I wanted to see this again I'd just go back and watch it again. I had a small glimmer of hope when I saw the video length was 6 minutes and thought maybe there would be something interesting tacked onto the end of the review like Yahtzee sometimes does but no, it's some advertisements for the oh so racy movie "young people fucking" (the title probably sums up the whole movie, the experience is probably like being hit with a nerf bat while someone screams "I'm taking on a mature topic!!") and a trailer for video game theater, a podcast that takes wholesome video game characters and inserts them into unwholesome situations, because that premise is never ever unfunny.

Good luck at the webby awards. Or from what I'm reading is it a congradulations?

Thats funny as hell. But I have to ask why repost something he already did almost a year ago? well its still funny I can see why it become one of the favs of the site

HighLucifer:
Thats funny as hell. But I have to ask why repost something he already did almost a year ago? well its still funny I can see why it become one of the favs of the site

Yeah I was hoping we could get something like GDC or that Valve Travel Log.

Whatever, good luck/congratulations.

Why on earth would Yahtzee think that reposting old stuff was a clever thing to do? Chances are that he won his award through his originality and his unwillingness to let we fans down (except for that Valve trip fiasco - like anyone wanted to know how he did at Valve). Stuff like this is just a giant fuck you to the fans; just like the ads stuck on the end of his videos now. I mean, if they were paying for new Yahtzee vids then I'd be utterly fine with them, although clearly they're not. Yahtzee: don't let us down again.

Aw, no new Yahtzee vid. I was looking forward to one all day. Now I have nothing to look forward to except Metal Gear Solid 4. :[

/facetiousness

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or