Zero Punctuation: Console Rundown

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Anybody ticked off that this week's ZP is a repeat can relax; apparently the Webbies award show was punishment enough. (No mention of the Escapist directly in that article, alas.)

-- Steve

Sheesh - Firstly, everyone who's complaining that "This is old" - READ FIRST. You're posting with a ton of explanations as to what is going on, and you ignore them, and post "Isn't this old?!?!" - It's getting old.

To no new ZP, sure I'm miffed there isn't a new one, but so be it. Anyone who is upset needs to move on and realize no complaining or bitching will GET them a new one. Next week there'll be another one, he's been pretty darn consistent so far, so one week I can get over it.

Now - to HD vs SD. There is an OBVIOUS difference, BluRay is a ton clearer.

HOWEVER, these are all heavily zoomed in pictures, and none of us are sitting inches in front of a TV watching this stuff, unless you really WANT to go blind. I know for me, I sit about 8 feet from my TV, if I notice it that badly, I'd be quite shocked.

Not to say I won't get INTO the BluRay market, but hell - Most of the movies I watch are DivX quality, and I survive. /shrug

Ya know, I say he should "redo" the console rundown, this one is a little outdated. It would be interesting to see a "new take" on the consoles, now that the PS3 actually does have games and such.

Damn, I was hoping he'd shred Haze this week :P

And um... what's with the ads at the end? Are these going to be regular, or did Yahtzee just pull up some random humourous ads so we had something new to watch? :P

No... no... NOOOOOO! What the... I... Wednesday :'( Wheres the new video. I feel lost. What... what should I do now, how can I wake up in the morning without a new episode to soothe my tense jittery hyperactive imagination... how will I find release now?! A hobby? But... Yahtzee? Maybe he'll know what to do.

ElArabDeMagnifico:
Ya know, I say he should "redo" the console rundown, this one is a little outdated. It would be interesting to see a "new take" on the consoles, now that the PS3 actually does have games and such.

What I was sincerely hoping for. I feel cold.

Hold me.

I would like to congratulate the escapist for winning a webbie! good job, keep up the good work!!

as for the rerun... I don't mind it; since I found this one rather funny the first time and it still makes me laugh now!

I only wonder what the next review will be... What does yahtzee think about Sierra's (VUG) decision not to have any nudity in the next Leisure suit Larry game?

or for that matter what are your thoughs about it?

http://www.webbyawards.com/webbys/current.php?season=12

(Find in page: Games-Related)

Be enlightened :P

Rather than join the ranks of the freshly banned by bitching about the lack of a new video, I will say this one is not my personal favorite. Partially because it's a bit dated since SUPER MARIO GALAXY has come out, both the Wii and PS3 have had time to beef up their libraries and the XBox360 has had time to sort out their gremlins problems. In other words, a new console rundown before too much longer would not be uncalledfor.

The point is, you'd have pissed off a lot fewer people if you'd just said 'No ZP this week' instead of reposting an older article as 'new' material.

So, they asked us to vote for them at the Webbys, we did, and they show their gratiude by stiffing us for a ZP? I think they're giving out mixed signals.

The least he could do was update it so it isn't completely wrong.

stupidest thing ever..why not just tell us there isn't an installment this week..?

the old episodes are always there available to watch..doesn't really make sense bumping an old one

for fucks sake he uploaded this 4 months ago the lazy prick and deleted it so we cant watch it. thought we woulndt notice. wanker

He better give us two this week.

I knew something was off about this review. No mention of Super Mario Galaxy or... uh, some good game for the PS3. There's also this: "...have another look at this encore presentation of one of our favorite episodes, Yahtzee's review of the console war."

Well, it's still funny and still somewhat true. Now if only he'd review Bioshock...

Note: I have no interest in watching Young People Acting Like Douchebags... I mean F---ing.

TheZaius:
I knew something was off about this review. No mention of Super Mario Galaxy or... uh, some good game for the PS3. There's also this: "...have another look at this encore presentation of one of our favorite episodes, Yahtzee's review of the console war."

Well, it's still funny and still somewhat true. Now if only he'd review Bioshock...

he reviewed Bioshock quite a while ago...and it was hilarious

curryinc:

TheZaius:

he reviewed Bioshock quite a while ago...and it was hilarious

I think he was being facetious

Sigh... Why do they always do this to me on my days off... next week should be good if he has two weeks to prepare for something (roughly).

RaiDK:
Damn, I was hoping he'd shred Haze this week :P

And um... what's with the ads at the end? Are these going to be regular, or did Yahtzee just pull up some random humourous ads so we had something new to watch? :P

I have NO IDEA What that "Young People Fucking" thing is - but hey, it got my attention.

The other thing is "unforgotten realms" - which I swear is already on newgrounds.com but I think it will be continued on escapist.

Yes, but he'll only have one week to play the game, so this time off doesn't help

ElArabDeMagnifico:

I have NO IDEA What that "Young People Fucking" thing is - but hey, it got my attention.

One page back Arab ;)

I'm a bit disappointed, let's hope that next week's will be twice as good to make up for it.

PS:
MGS3 is out today!

Archedgar:
PS:
MGS3 is out today!

I hope to god this was a joke, or at the very least this guy has been in a coma for 3 years, 5 months and 25 days, and hasn't realised it.

Didn't I see this before?

Seems really familiar.

New_Indigo_Ding<wbr>o:

Archedgar:
PS:
MGS3 is out today!

I hope to god this was a joke, or at the very least this guy has been in a coma for 3 years, 5 months and 25 days, and hasn't realised it.

Don't forget about that whole "not released at the same time everywhere" thing. You'd think somebody who watches Yahtzee would understand this.

Also, I must say I'm disappointed by the lack of a new ZP. I was hoping he at least would at least take a few minutes to add an update at the end of this one.

The Escapist needs to have a backlog of ZPs, so they can run one when Yahtzee has a legitimate reason not to post. They could even make money off of it: offer paid subscribers a look at the backlog.

And yes, I think Yahtzee has the ability to do more than one review per week. All he's got to do is complete each one a day earlier, and, pretty soon, he'll have a large backlog.

Getting a bit lazy there Yahtzee?

DrMisanthrope:

Archedgar:
I'm a bit disappointed, let's hope that next week's will be twice as good to make up for it.

PS:
MGS3 is out today!

MGS3 can suck my balls, hyped up to fuckery, im sure it'll be full of shit like MGS2 was. Remember how good that looked, I almost creamed when i saw the trailer on VHS because dvd players only just came into existance, it was set to be the biggest thing since Jesus....
Im going to reserve judgement on it

Adding onto a joke rarely works, but when it does...

Good one. :]

Well, that was thoroughly irritating. Wouldn't it have been much simpler to say "We're off somewhere else, no ZP this week!" instead of making me run around like an idiot as i scanned through the video hoping for any new material whatsoever?

I was partially validated at the end, then I realised that the end sucked several kinds of genitalia and came crashing back to the reality of repeats. It feels like the Escapist just stabbed us in the back, especially with Yahtzee reminding us in the very same video that repeating things in never enjoyable.

Now we seem to have a few Yahtzee fanboys dotted around, he's a big boy now and doesn't need you defending him. Relax people, he does a good job and is very entertaining, I don't think anyone is denying that. However, as a few people have commented already he does this as a job; he gets paid for it. Sure getting an award is awesome and well deserved, but it's hardly an excuse for such a level of unprofessionalism. A simple comment along the lines of 'sorry, award show' would have been enough, a re-run is completely unnecessary given the fact that viewers can skip back a few pages and watch the video again if they want to. Furthermore, a console rundown from 2007 can hardly be thought of as up to date or relevant now, half way through 2008.

Well done on the awards, but the escapist team shouldn't feel they need to placate like this.

You guys are aware he writes for practically every game magazine in Australia?
And trlkly don't give them any funny ideas about charging

trlkly:

New_Indigo_Ding<wbr>o:

Archedgar:
PS:
MGS3 is out today!

Don't forget about that whole "not released at the same time everywhere" thing. You'd think somebody who watches Yahtzee would understand this.

What did that have to do with me saying the guy thinks a game that came out 3 years ago just came out?

Eyclonus:
You guys are aware he writes for practically every game magazine in Australia?
And trlkly don't give them any funny ideas about charging

No, he writes for two monthly Australian magazines, and does it, like, a maximum of 4 times a year. Thats not going to take up that much time

I'm more disturbed by the 2 and half minutes of ads tacked on the end of the video than I am about not getting a new one this week... really I don't think bumping an old video was the correct move and they should have instead just put up a notice that there wouldn't be a ZP this week... like they did when he visited valve.

Well, having watched every review Y. has made around a thousand times, I still manage to laugh at this one. Stop whining, we're kinda lucky to have them at all. Plus, maybe one day Y. will make a new one about the Consoles, it'd be interesting to see how his thoughts on them have evolved now the Wii and PS3 can be classified as "Gaming Consoles" and not "Bricks that take up space in my living room".

Did you just unearth one of Yahtzee's vids from months ago and re-release it?

You're not Blizzard. Just tell us Yahtzee can't show this week, just like you did on Christmas.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here