Zero Punctuation: Manhunt

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Manhunt

This week, The Escapist's Zero Punctuation reviews Manhunt.

Watch Video

LOL! Keep 'em coming, Yahtzee! :)

Nice one.

Sums up the Australian Government nicely.

Glad I live in England now, where none of that shit flys... Wait a second!

lol this is great

Nope, don't see a reason to e-mail. Even after shamelessly selling out, you're still making hilarious videos. Choice of opening tune = spot on. I loved the evil, onscreen response to the question as to whether or not violent video games induce violence in human beings, whereas the politically correct answer to this question was voiced instead. Your videos are great tools to practise cranial multitasking, really :). No comments about the game from me this time - never played Manhunt, even though it's tempting to give her a go now that over here she's all Platinum and cheap and such. Until next week, hopefully.

Loved the vid, i will not rest till everyone i know has seen this site and watched at least one video.

Yahtzee, your right up there of funny people with Jeremy Clarkson and Jimmy Carr.

Cant wait till next week.

Huzzah. Best one yet.

Too true although Im' 15 and I think that games where you murder people for no reason are THE Shit. Also PC version I hear doesn't have the problem with the camera. Also first game of you've reviewed and haven't said : "Hmmmm perhaps I should check this out could be cool."
A helpful sugestion try Dreamfall 2 : The longest Journey for next week.

Great episode, loved the "bandwagon" part.

Although all this awesomeness makes me fear for the day you review a game I actually like... :P

dude love it, can't stand doing the same thing for the next 10 hours unless it has something to do with tomb raider lol. can't wait till next week and hopefully see Resistance fall of shite! lol

Ahhhh I love Wednesdays, its Zero Punctuation day.

And I do love you Yahtzee, in a purely non-homoerotic manner.

And as usual when I post my praise I'll also post my bit of spam:

<OFF TOPIC>
For all those on Facebook join the Zero Punction Appreciation Society group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6725770567

For Yahtzee rocks and deserves all the publicity he can get!
</OFF TOPIC>

Yahtzee's insane talking speed is good for my English. :D

And yeah, keep'em coming mate...

My god. Fun? What is that? I thought gaming was supposed to be like a second job!
I'm actually a little surprised that you seemed to enjoy it for as long as you did; for about five minutes in the middle of the game.
Fantastic! I've been aching for another ZP for a full week and you did not disappoint.

Isn't it pronounced "ee-ko" not "EYE-ko"?

Awesome, not as funny as others, but you do make some good points.

Quality work as always, Yahtzee. I'm postponing the American invasion of Australia for another week. We've developed a taste for koala meat.

Only thing is, after watching this, I still don't know if I want the game or not. As I've gotten older, I've lost my taste for over-the-top blood and gore, though my yearning for tits has only strengthened. Are there tits in this game?! I MUST KNOW!

Much better review this week. I'm glad you at least recognized the fun factor in Manhunt. Personally my favorite levels were the Zoo with the tranq rifle, and the city with the corrupt cops. Even though the game did indeed shift it's focus to gunplay towards the last few levels, it still encouraged the player to be as stealthy as possible (since cash is not impervious to bullets).

I honestly don't recall the shotgun boss fight part. But it's been awhile, so maybe I just forgot?

Oh and I'm quite enjoying your choice of music. The Jam last week, and Suede this week. Good shit man!

brin5tar:

No. Well, probably not. No matter how I say it, I can't seem to make "ee-ko" not sound stupid. So I dub thee wrong. At least, I've never heard it pronounced that way before, and can't really see why you would.

Nice video, as usual, Yahtzee. The opening song combined with the subject matter made me laugh before you even started talking.

AWESOME. I hate to say it but i was afraid yahtzee had run out of ideas... thank god

How'd you play it if it was banned?

Heroic One:

I think it's like the chronic. You can't buy it in stores but ... you know ... everybody has some.

Heroic One:

He's Yahtzee. He can do anything. I'm guessing that he found a torrent or something.

The phrase "No, and I consider your argument misinformed" has taken on all new life for me. :)

Heroic One:

Bought it on the Interwebs?

Where did that comment about Thief come from? There were no "action heavy combat segments" in that game.

Break:

brin5tar:

No. Well, probably not. No matter how I say it, I can't seem to make "ee-ko" not sound stupid. So I dub thee wrong. At least, I've never heard it pronounced that way before, and can't really see why you would.

Nice video, as usual, Yahtzee. The opening song combined with the subject matter made me laugh before you even started talking.

Well considering it was developed by Sony, and had a Japanese voice acting team, I'd assume you use the Japanese pronunciation in which i has an 'ee' sound. However since you don't live in Japan, I'd recommend saying it however you feel comfortable.

Oh dear god, another bit of genius. I absolutely love the little segments where you vocalize a ton of obscene language and then print a bunch of polite words on the screen. I don't know why.
Also Banning Games = ReGodDamnPissSwillingdiculous

LOVELY. I didn't like Manhunt, even when I was young and playing it. The controls were retarded, then the fighting was too far on the realistic side to be fun. If I wanted a realistic fight, blah blah blah. You guys know.

you have got to make fun of Jack Thompson

Clorf:
Where did that comment about Thief come from? There were no "action heavy combat segments" in that game.

Are you kidding? The levels that dropped stealth and just threw tons of zombies and monsters in your face totally ruined it for me. I was very glad to see they dropped this policy in time for Thief 2.

I think there was more anger in this one then usual...
Maybe Man Hunt is responsible...
XD

I now look forward to Wednesdays. :)

Yahtzee Croshaw:

Are you kidding? The levels that dropped stealth and just threw tons of zombies and monsters in your face totally ruined it for me. I was very glad to see they dropped this policy in time for Thief 2.

Yeah, I remember something to do with a bunch of undead in one underground level, and something to do with demons in a later revisiting of a level towards the end of the game that pretty much made me hate the game series. I got back in somewhat with Thief 3 but when I got to the Cradle I was tired with it again.

Anyway, fantastic review once again. I surely wasn't expecting Manhunt, but it's good to see that you share the same views on video game related violence as the intelligent population of the world. Personally, I'm rather eager for future reviews in the hopes that you choose a game to review that I really like because I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job ripping it a new one.

Yahtzee Croshaw:

Clorf:

What do you mean "dropped stealth"? In order to get past all of those zombies and monsters, you simply... sneak past them, just like you would with any other enemy in the game.

Yahtzee, your reviews are more than phenomenal: they're inspirational. But, it's time show some range. While we all know you pretty much owe no allegiance except to the one who signs your paycheck, constantly reviewing nothing but first person games from the back end of whatever simulated pointy stick you're programmed to carry has to be getting dull for all, most of all you.

I'm not saying you should stop being a lazy cock and run out and shitstomp games like Animal Crossing or Final Fantasy XXXVII tonight (although if you did, it would probably be legendary). Just maybe there's more, different genres of games out there to write about than the issues associated with slaughtering whatever happens to wander into the reticule in the FPS's you've grown accustomed to reviewing.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54106)