The Escapist Interview: Jane Jensen

The Escapist Interview: Jane Jensen

"'The creative industries in America are fucked. Film, books, TV, games, it's all become about marketing. A committee of marketers will sit there and say, "What's the last thing that did well? Do that." And the MMOG thing was like that for a while, but then you have a $20 million project fail, and the marketers say, "It's dead, it's dead." I never got into the MMOG thing because I even have trouble playing poker online. I don't want to deal with some snotty 12-year old from Iowa. There's only a certain percentage of people I like in the first place. It's not like I'm going to go online to this false-reality world and find intelligent people.'"

The Escapist interviews Jane Jensen.

I've always liked Jane Jansen... Calm intelligence has something very appealing about it ;) Interesting interview, though I wish you had asked her about her impressions on Dreamfall: TLJ. I thought it was one of the best adventure games in the history of the genre, and it would be interesting to hear JJ's take... This is one game that in my mind is a very potent counterexample to Myst.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here