Shoot Club: The Quake Wars Wars, Part Two

Shoot Club: The Quake Wars Wars, Part Two

It began with Jude checking the time, which is harder to do surreptitiously if you're not wearing a watch and instead have to extract your cell phone from your hip pocket. Then Douglas slid into the seat at one of the other computers and starting randomly shooting. While I was explaining the respawn timer, he asked me how to reload, as if the button to reload is ever anything but 'r'. I told him it was ctl-shift-F9, which kept him busy for a while.

Read Full Article

This is nice to read, but ultimately, not different from any opinion you can find on some random forum.
I think you may need to add something to make this more special and interesting.

Like commented pictures. Lots of them.

Arbre:
This is nice to read, but ultimately, not different from any opinion you can find on some random forum.
I think you may need to add something to make this more special and interesting.

I'm confused. What other site has well written prose about a group of gamers? I want to read those articles too.

Commented pictures? Seriously? This is prose, not an IGN x out of 10 review.

anable:

Eurogamer's commented pictures are far superior anyway.

Now as for relevant comments on Shoot Club, I can't think of any... except that it has given me the idea of a fiendishly awesome game concept involving herding cats.

anable:

Arbre:

I'm confused. What other site has well written prose about a group of gamers? I want to read those articles too.

Pictures don't hurt. They're not the option. Just one.
Do you truely believe that people waited for Escapist to get some stories about some random plays with friends?
I think that if the staff wants articles to attract more readers, it really needs to offer something more than plain prose which is telling nothing more than what you already get on plenty of forums and blogs.
I know Escapist needs to provide stuff on a weekly basis, but it really feels like some of this stuff should feel a bit more complete, to really make it special.

Arbre:

anable:

Arbre:

Pictures don't hurt. They're not the option. Just one.
Do you truely believe that people waited for Escapist to get some stories about some random plays with friends?
I think that if the staff wants articles to attract more readers, it really needs to offer something more than plain prose which is telling nothing more than what you already get on plenty of forums and blogs.
I know Escapist needs to provide stuff on a weekly basis, but it really feels like some of this stuff should feel a bit more complete, to really make it special.

Again, I must be missing something. Articulate, humorous prose is something special. No one else does it. I personally come back specifically for these "chapters" if you want to call them that.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here