dingrats: "Just Loot It"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

In all honesty, once you've seen 2 YMCA videos, you've seen enough.
Besides, they're made with gestured emotes from the game, right?
That's makes it all the more embarassing, especially since the dances themselves don't seem to have anything to do with the universe at hand.
Globally, it just reeks of childish jokes and it's horribly forced.
It's really that bad, and I don't know what crossed WarCry's minds.

Its easier to say "I dislike this video. I would not recommend to others." than trying to start a flame war, isn't it?

I do like this video, and recommend you to follow the link to http://www.madcow-studios.com/ and continue to watch the other video's he has made. He has even funnier ones there. Thank you for reading my post.

It's really not that hard to do that... Also, i think you hurt Nyhm's feelings. He said he "wont be doing anything like this again".
Good job. I guess if you QQ enough, you get things done.

I don't like flame wars any more than the next person. So in the spirit of reducing flame wars:

I dislike this video. I would not recommend it to others.

At your suggestion, I went and watched his other videos at the provided link. I also do not like those videos, and I would not recommend them to others.

In fact, "just loot it", for all its faults (and there are many), is actually a better video than the others on his site. It's definitely his best one yet so even though it's undoubtedly of poor quality at least he is improving, which is good. He shouldn't be discouraged from making videos, but if he is going to put them out in the public eye, he has to be prepared for what the public might think of them.

Don't get me wrong though: the man is not without talent. In particular, he's got a good eye for cinematography and image design. He should get together with some people who really understand humour and satire, and he'd probably start cranking out some excellent material. At the moment he's trying to bite off more than he's capable of. He shouldn't feel bad. Not everybody understands how humour works, just like not everyone understands music, or cinematics. Some people just don't have the innate ability, or the skills required for all these things. Which is fine, not everybody can be good at everything. I think he's got a bright future in cinematography, he should try his hand at directing some real music videos for music artists, I think he'd be fantastic at that.

Hikikomori:
It's really not that hard to do that... Also, i think you hurt Nyhm's feelings. He said he "wont be doing anything like this again".
Good job. I guess if you QQ enough, you get things done.

Well that's a good thing, right? He's only embarassing himself with this. I'll reiterate that the visuals were actually pretty good, and he could probably make something good if he got someone who understands humor more. Or at all, really.

Kirethidae:
You probably won't get it if you don't play WoW so the easiest thing to do is just shut up. "Everybody to the Zul'Aman door" isn't supposed to be funny. Zul'Aman is the newest dungeon in WoW and it's a statement not something supposed to be "FUNNY, RITE? I GET THE REFERENCE LOL. HAHAHA THAT WAS SOO RANDOM!".

Can you make one better? No, you probably can't so stop bad mouthing it when you have no idea what it's about because you don't play WoW and you're also a dead religious leader...

Well if that part isn't supposed to be funny than I don't understand where any of the humor is supposed to lie.
Actually, I probably could, but that's not the point. He is putting something out there, and we have the right to criticize it because we want him to do better/be less stupid things on the internet/whatever. If he didn't want to be criticized, he shouldn't have released it, and our ability has nothing to do with our judgement of its quality. It's the worst defense in the world to say that, and I don't understand how people continue to think that it's a valid argument, especially for things that require much more time and money (like books and games). Do you never say anything bad about a game just because you don't have the ability to write Halo 3 by yourself from scratch?
That comment about my name is the dumbest things I've seen on this forum.

Hah,

I wouldnt say that you hurt my feelings, if you think ive never heard these type of comments before your crazy. As far as not doing anything like this again, I only meant making movies for money for other sites. I enjoy doing this, and there are many (like 4 million on youtube alone) that love the things I do. I really enjoy doing this and I will continue to do so, but it will be put out for the proper audience, which Escapist is obviously not.

As far as flames and opinions go, I have no issue with ppl disliking what I do, its certainly not for everyone! Your not bothering me posting negativity about it, you have the right to an opinion, even if its not the one Id like you to have ;) And for the few people on here that did enjoy it, Thank you, I am glad. Its you that I make these things for.

Despite the negative comments, I appreciate some of the nice things that were said as well. Dont worry, youll have yahtzee back soon enough and everything can be back to normal for you all. Thanks for watching the video though, even through the hate I can still find a bit of constructive critisism, which will only help me in future videos.

Wall o Text crits you for 20,000
You Die

-Nyhm
(escapist registered the name Nyhm so I guess I cant use it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0sdwQtKA4M
(from 2:35 to 3:35, for those who want to skip it all)

This is what i mean. One of them is an fps fan, the other is an rts fan. both talk about the stuff they do ingame, but what could be a great chat between 2 fps/rts fans becomes a crash of worlds. none of then know what the other part is talking about, simply because one knows nothing about fps's and the other knows nothing about rts's. The majority of the ppl at escapist don't play mmo's, so talking to them about that is like having this kind of conversation.

I keep my opinion. I didn't like the vid, but everyone has room for improvement.

I know plenty about MMOs. I do play MMOs.

This fact doesn't change the way I feel about the video(s).

I think Nhym has the right attitude about our feedback.

Allow me to echo BonsaiK's statements.

seeing as i have a fiery hatred of WoW for how many of my good friends it has stolen, i probably can't comment on it, but could i stress that if there are to be any more WoW machanima (or whatever videos), Please put WoW in the description or something cos Machinamanana is a new term to me.

The Lyrics were aimed at wow fans so probably better for them, but the general rpg refrences were predictable, i mean come on, stop, manatime?

I also think that WoW emote videos have now been done to death, i thought the YMCA one was feckin hilarious, and in itself nearly tempted me to the darkside.

I'm sure you put a lot of effort into it, and i'm sure some people liked it, from the general appearance of this thread, its a no. I personally hope that yahtzee got his hands on some terrible games for christmas so that when he comes back, the ranting will be full force.

And as another little, woohoo look at me moan thing, surly mentioning yahtzee in the discription is asking for trouble, i came into this expecting a yahtzee style presentation, i found my self assaulted by more MMORPG Random video...ness?

nyhm if u bother to read this comment board dont worry they all play everquest lol

seifersan9:
nyhm if u bother to read this comment board dont worry they all play everquest lol

Everytime I read a post by this clown I get a little bit stupider.

Good job on taking all the negative comments Nyhm. You movies are definately for a specific group and not a broad audience. If you arn't playing or a fan of wow this video has nothing for you.

Kind of reminds me of Mad TV. That is to say: Like comedy, but with all the humor removed.

cobble75:

seifersan9:

Everytime I read a post by this clown I get a little bit stupider.

Good job on taking all the negative comments Nyhm. You movies are definately for a specific group and not a broad audience. If you arn't playing or a fan of wow this video has nothing for you.

well im surprised i could do that to u cobble since u already had a -69 I.Q. butim happy to do so but dont blame me when u try to eat that rat poison

I think its funny you say he isn't funny considering you watch that "Yahtzee" dude (what kind of name is that anyway)who has some of the worst humor I've ever seen, hell I could do a better British accent than him. And saying machinima has been done before is like saying books have been done before, same old words, different story. Nyhm has talent, more talent than a guy with a second grade sense of art and humor, British accent, and a headset. The tagline should read "First Grade reviews with a hint of idiocy"

And who said that the video was meant to be funny, it was parody of a song for god sakes.

Ulsfark:
And who said that the video was meant to be funny, it was parody of a song for god sakes.

Who said it was meant to be funny? The Escapist, that's who. In their introductory blurb, they called it a "hilarious musical parody", so it's meant to be not just "funny" but "hilarious". It is clearly neither of these things, as you have helpfully pointed out.

Parodies of this nature ARE supposed to be funny. That's the whole point of their existence. However I think those from this site who watch "just loot it" and are finding it "hilarious" are doing so for reasons entirely different to what Nhym intended.

seifersan9:

yo! u thnik ur abuve punctunation dude lol??

lol.. i just... lol... the grunting... lol ... .. .. embarrassed? yes

<Deleted because Nyhm posted and I didn't notice it. Ah well :3>

Now, to the flamers: If you don't like it, that's fine. But I think the flaming is unnecessary. Really, is your e-peen so small that you need to tear someone to shreds just because you dislike something they made?

To me, I hate rap anyway, so I take anything that mocks/parodies rap with a grain of salt. Really, Nyhm's parodies are the only ones I've laughed at.

There are parts of this video I like and parts I like less. Overall I'd give it a 7/10. (I've played WoW for a year though so I get the references). Every video that Nyhm makes improves in editing from it's predecessors and this is no exception.

If you don't like WoW, that's fine. No one's twisting your arm and forcing you to watch this vid. If you don't like it, that's fine to! But can't we try to be more...iono...mature about it?

TheUnbeholden:
I vomited through my nose. made it to 50 seconds before turning it off and running around the house screaming. Ive waited all week in anticipation and i get screwed over,, the only thing that i have to brighten up my week is to have a good Zero Punctuation... its not fair . God has betrayed me in every aspect of my life,, now this one WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

AAAAAAAARRGGGGHGHH goodbye.... (takes own life)

Good! The world will be a better place for all.

It's people like you that keep me from coming to forums like this. (That and that there are a number of people butchering the English language to a point where my brain implodes). I desire two things in life, one or both being sufficient to achieve happiness:

1: I wish the world were a PvP (player vs. player (meaning you can kill other players not in your faction(described for those who don't know))) server and that I was a max-level Warlock.

2: I want a Death Note. Don't know what that is? Look it up. Such a good series.

Anyway, don't look for me to post here again. I just needed to express my opinions.

Once again, TheUnbeholden, thank you. Your death will be mourned for a brief term and then we will have cake and you will be forgotten. Ta ta.

Actually I think the vast majority of the negative comments about the video have been quite articulate and well thought out. It's mainly the pro-Nhym comments which have been full of visceral bile and immature punctuation-bereft flaming.

Also if we don't like it, we should be entitled to say that. That's what comments sections are for, after all - to give an opinion on something. If I think it's a pile of horse dung (and I do) I'm going to say so. That's not a personal sleight against anyone or an incitement to flame wars, it's just me expressing my opinion, that I think the video is of exceptionally poor quality. If others disagree, that's fine, they are entitled to their opinion, as I am to mine.

BonsaiK:
Actually I think the vast majority of the negative comments about the video have been quite articulate and well thought out. It's mainly the pro-Nhym comments which have been full of visceral bile and immature punctuation-bereft flaming.

Also if we don't like it, we should be entitled to say that. That's what comments sections are for, after all - to give an opinion on something. If I think it's a pile of horse dung (and I do) I'm going to say so. That's not a personal sleight against anyone or an incitement to flame wars, it's just me expressing my opinion, that I think the video is of exceptionally poor quality. If others disagree, that's fine, they are entitled to their opinion, as I am to mine.

You can have your opinion. And I edited my post once again because it's not everyone that annoyed me. It was the flamers. And my flamers, I mean the people that went above and beyond the need of insulting, not those expressing their dislike.

Especially to the n00b that said he was going to kill himself because of the video. But I already commented to that.

On the other hand, I merely joined to express my opinion, which I'm free to do as well. I never once said that you couldn't express your opinions. Just seemed to be a few people commenting that acted as though there was some unfair/unholy/cruel obligation for them to watch the video.

Ulsfark:

Ahem.

http://www.answers.com/topic/parody

http://dictionary.die.net/parody

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=EVe&defl=en&q=define:parody&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

As for the rest of your post - arguing that "Yahtzee sucks, Nymh is more talented" isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. Even if I agreed with that statement (I don't), one person's work being better than someone who sucks does not mean that is does not suck as well. Nyhm>Yahtzee does not mean that Nymh=Good. Or funny, for that matter.

Seeing as most of the posts speak to the video on its own merits, and do not compare it to Zero Punctuation, I'd say your post does little towards defending the original video. Nice try, though.

Ulsfark:
I think its funny you say he isn't funny considering you watch that "Yahtzee" dude (what kind of name is that anyway)who has some of the worst humor I've ever seen, hell I could do a better British accent than him. And saying machinima has been done before is like saying books have been done before, same old words, different story. Nyhm has talent, more talent than a guy with a second grade sense of art and humor, British accent, and a headset. The tagline should read "First Grade reviews with a hint of idiocy"

The inanimate stone troll under the Fremont bridge in Seattle could troll better than this.

Jeez such close mindedness people posting here. Please try to be more open minded.

The creator of this video but some very hard work into this video. Mind you I DO hate rap with a passion and the same goes for World Of Warcraft but I would have to applaud the creator for making a creative video. Can you imagine how long this would have taken to do? If you put all of that hard work into this project and people yelled that it sucked and all.....how would you feel? Please try to be more considerate.

To those that say that it sucked.....lets see YOU do better.

Thank You.

aeonite:

Ulsfark:

The inanimate stone troll under the Fremont bridge in Seattle could troll better than this.

I don't troll at all, except for this one time simply because you wankers have your heads up your ass and can't respect good talent.

Digikid:
Jeez such close mindedness people posting here. Please try to be more open minded.

The creator of this video but some very hard work into this video. Mind you I DO hate rap with a passion and the same goes for World Of Warcraft but I would have to applaud the creator for making a creative video. Can you imagine how long this would have taken to do? If you put all of that hard work into this project and people yelled that it sucked and all.....how would you feel? Please try to be more considerate.

Thank You.

Telling someone their opinion is wrong because they can't do better is a pathetic, terrible argument. What if I could do better? What if I posted something entirely better I made, right now. Would that change the fact that Nyhms video was not to my or many other peoples liking? Not in the least. If anything my doing better would make this video look worse, and so your arguing to actually HURT Nyhms video even more.

Eh. Anyway. At least Nyhm doesn't care about what any critic here has to say. Then again, the fact that 4 million people on youtube enjoy this video doesn't make it good.

Ulsfark:

I don't troll at all, except for this one time simply because you wankers have your heads up your ass and can't respect good talent.

Ooh, ooh! Do mine next! Your zingers are too good!

9NineBreaker9:
I must say that the ballad of the n00b was quite enjoyable. If only that could happen to me >.>

Oh, and if the one person gets a white padded room for watching one minute of the video, what does a person get when he watches it all? You know, like...erm...I'm just curious...ahem...

*runs*

I did that too... why are there big muscular men behind me, and why are they sticking really big needles in me? Room... spinning...

Digikid:

Thank You.

Uwe Boll puts a lot of hard work in his films. I don't care if one guy spends all his life for some mediocre fanboy video. It's still mediocre.
I believe machinima can do better than lame "spoofs".

Besides, where and what are those 4 million people enjoying this stuff?

Ulsfark:

That's because we haven't been shown any yet.

Well that was... decent.

For the future, try to create better lyrics for your videos, that way most people won't turn it off within the first 30 seconds, and the few people who actually do make it to the end won't get an enormous headache from watching it all.

Despite the bad lyrics, the visuals were actually pretty good, you have that much down at least.

I don't quite understand why some people have said that you won't get it if you don't play WoW. If so why the hell is it being posted on the Escapist? This is a website/magazine/thing that focuses on the whole gaming community, not on one game, no matter how popular it is. If you post on the escapist then expect it to be read by people who don't love WoW to death.

Regarding the video itself, I couldn't get past the first minute. It uses a song that pretty much everyone was sick of hearing a month after it came out. From what I heard it had fairly poor lyrics delivered equally badly and it used a game that half the worlds fan videos seem to be made on. While the directing and timing didn't seem bad it didn't make up for the fact that the rest of it was poorly executed and the whole thing seemed to lack any kind of originality.

Won't get it if you don't play WoW? I don't get it and I DO play WoW. So, basically, the video encourages an explotative game mechanic, which allows you to be a total asshole? Contrary to popular belief, WoW is not entirely filled to the brim with assholes. There'd be an awful lot less raiding if there was.

Ulsfark:

aeonite:

Ulsfark:

Oh. The irony hurts.

marmot:
I don't quite understand why some people have said that you won't get it if you don't play WoW. If so why the hell is it being posted on the Escapist? This is a website/magazine/thing that focuses on the whole gaming community, not on one game, no matter how popular it is. If you post on the escapist then expect it to be read by people who don't love WoW to death.

Regarding the video itself, I couldn't get past the first minute. It uses a song that pretty much everyone was sick of hearing a month after it came out. From what I heard it had fairly poor lyrics delivered equally badly and it used a game that half the worlds fan videos seem to be made on. While the directing and timing didn't seem bad it didn't make up for the fact that the rest of it was poorly executed and the whole thing seemed to lack any kind of originality.

Because they came to Nyhm and asked him to do one for this horrible "magazine"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or