Zero Punctuation: The Witcher

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

banthesun:

sky14kemea:

I apologise? :0

My bad, I think around that time I was commenting on quite a few ZP vids, to catch up, 'cause I'm slow.
=[

I was more commenting on the weird nature of this thread than accusing you. And to be fair you only posted 'bout 8 months after the video, while there's people here posting almost two years after.

Wow, it's been 2 years? O_O

Coolbeans I guess...

And no worries then, I just don't wanna be "the jerk who necro'd a thread" xD

One thing still peeves me about this review. The game and whole book series are based on mediaeval Poland, not England.

Wait a minute did anyone else catch that sentence at 2:35? "No Alliance dipshit teabagging your corpse" AHA! I knew yatzhee was a fellow hordie back when he played wow.

XD The ending was brilliant. Pufferfish!

THIS IS A MUMORPUGER! [Screen turns to that usually reserved for horror scenes]

LoL.

Avenged Sevenfold for the win!

The Witcher was the most fun game I've ever played, man, it beat Batman Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed II, and all the games that YOU said were fun (except for Silent Hill, that's the only one I haven't tried out of the ones you recommended). I don't know how you can NOT see so much fun in it, the combat is extremely in depth and they even made clicking to attack (which is the only way swords on PC games were ever swung, so I dunno why you would say it sucks for THAT) a lot more tactical with having you time your hits and know exactly how to fight an enemy. I hope you play Witcher: Assassins of Kings when it comes out so you can make a more positive review. This game may have some flaws like OVERDOING the amount of tits and swearing but the combat was the most fun I've ever had swinging a sword on ANY game.

Photon_Man62:
One thing still peeves me about this review. The game and whole book series are based on mediaeval Poland, not England.

Yeah, Polish Author, Polish game company, European/Polish mythology... it was a really good game in my opinion. I passed it 3 times before it got even the least bit boring, when I moved on to Assassin's Creed and came right back to this because I missed it so much XD

I played this game recently... and I think it's, well, maybe not shit, but it's very average. The thing I hated the most is the combat which I found incredibly boring and simplistic. Inventory menu is shit, you can't find almost anything you want because the icons are so small and not really telling you anything(and after some time you will have a shitload of items). The whole management menu you have(quests etc) is also very NOT user friendly, but after about 2 hours I got used to it. Story is good but the pacing is awful. Really. I was ending Act III, don't want to spoil anything, but it had some interesting moments - the game got interesting, yeah! But then some moron thought that it was a great idea to !SPOILER! teleport Geralt to some stupid little village so he can pursue an epic quest of...a fucking yokel wedding. Madness. That pissed me off like hell, I had enough. I'm not playing this game anymore. I just feel like this game is wasting my time.

Also, the guy who's idea was to have collectible cards with naked women in the game...what a sad and pathetic person he is.

The Witcher > DAO

Fatal-X:
!SPOILER! teleport Geralt to some stupid little village so he can pursue an epic quest of...a fucking yokel wedding. Madness. That pissed me off like hell, I had enough. I'm not playing this game anymore. I just feel like this game is wasting my time.

Yes this was a little bit silly, especially after very interesting ending of ACT III. BAH! You are in nowhere trying to understand what to do. Anyway this whole wedding thing was based on the tragedy "Balladyna" written by Juliusz Slowacki in 1834. This is one of the school lectures so almost every polish folk found it interesting and amusing. Anyway I think that Witcher 2 will be less "polish" as they want to sell more copies to the west players (which will be hard without releasing it on consoles).

"Twenty minutes...Out front...Puffer-fish." - Hilarious, Yahtzee!

Hey Yahtzee! I know you are totally looking forward to playing The Witcher II that's coming out soon, lol.

Fatal-X:
I was ending Act III, don't want to spoil anything, but it had some interesting moments - the game got interesting, yeah! But then some moron thought that it was a great idea to !SPOILER! teleport Geralt to some stupid little village so he can pursue an epic quest of...a fucking yokel wedding. Madness. That pissed me off like hell, I had enough. I'm not playing this game anymore. I just feel like this game is wasting my time.

Also, the guy who's idea was to have collectible cards with naked women in the game...what a sad and pathetic person he is.

Not that this is remotely applicable, but...

The sequence within Act 4, while breaking the climactic flow a little, was very much reminiscent of the storytelling style brought out by the books. Sapkowski's(I think that's right) first book, The Last Wish, was written as a series of vignettes: short stories which progressed and hinted at a greater story.

Naturally, the purpose behind the stories is to establish Geralt as a character. He kills monsters; it's what he was built for. However, sometimes violence isn't the solution, or the "monster" that deserves death is hiding behind a corrupt throne.

Act 4, like each of the other ones, has a large number of side quests, small missions which highlight Geralt's humanity, in spite of the hideous mutations of his body.

Riviellan:
Hey Yahtzee! I know you are totally looking forward to playing The Witcher II that's coming out soon, lol.

Damn,ninja'ed! I wanted to ask him the same thing and I hope that the Escapist will force him to review it mwahahhah(evil laugh of doom).

i've changed my mind. played witcher more thoroughly since my last post, and it's great. really, really great. i mean, REALLY.

Whoop, time to necro for the sake of a single animal. PUFFER FISH!!!!!

Good to go back and rewatch this classic after reading the Extra Punctuation today. I'd completely forgotten that mumorpuger was from this episode.

It's the Bewitch Her!

...I'm soooo late with this....

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook