Zero Punctuation: Call of Duty 4

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

conqueror Kenny:
:(am i the only person in the wold that doesnt like this game

well, I dont DISLIKE it, but its not exactly the ground breaking gaming experience everyone seems to think it is... its just, well, another shooter... identical to every other shooting game in the universe >.<

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS GAME. I think this reviewer has completely overlooked the multiplayer aspects of this game it has been the most popular game on xbox live for the past 4 months straight. and no this shooter is not identical to every other shooter in the universe so simalacrum ur a DOUCHE BAG and you better play another shooter before you compare this game to any other.

hmmmm.
I rented C.O.D. 4 and only played it for a couple hours :(
sorry to say I really didnt enjoy it very much :(
/cry
I like HALO 3 and Clive Barkers Jericho OMG..... /mourn
and I hated Bioshock after like 8 hours too !!
WHATS WRONG WITH ME!!!
is it wrong to love Yatzee but disagree on these games?!!
and by love I mean it in a way like I dont have cable and I find him more entertaining than television and have watched each show like 10 times :D

Ha, I live in Winchester :D Awesome.
To repeat everyone else, excellent review as per.

The videos broken, it resets continually at 50 seconds in. dont know why, both me and a mate are having this problem, can someone please check it out.

I experienced the same, but in my case the video resets itself at 2:25

I was surprised that this game didn't suck horribly like all the other COD's which made me want to gut myself with a rusty knife and then hang myself with my small intestine.

Every word that comes out of your mouth is pure fact, and anybody who sends you crap about something that you said is a f*** wit.

BANANAS!!!

Now that i think about it COD4 has an ending that lacks closure probably for a reason. The charecters are in my opinion fairly well developed and in the end they all die. The gameplay makes you feel is if your really fighting with them and they all die in the end which happens alot of the time in real wars. I think its another message that war is bad.

Meh this train of thought is just the after affects of a suger overdose anyway. Not that Yahtzee gives a shit about multiplayer but i think the MP is great aswell. It lacks the shity weapon buying system that counter strike and crysis uses that keeps the winners winning.

CoD4's ending sucks, everything else in the game is good: Online? Flawless.

Good review, funny as always lol.

i nearly cried at the end, then i rembered it was not real, and manned up, and played cod4 online

btw, its "killing in the name," not "killing in the name of"

rage against the machine is srs bsns

COD4 is a very good game and i found this video absolutely hilarious and what he said about the ending being VERY anti-climactic is also true but although the single player isn't up to much the online multiplayer is absolutely fantastic!

you gus do know you can run after the nuke is dropped

I'm very late to the COD4 train but here's my 2 cents:

I was very impressed by the amount of Russian speech ingame, for example the dialogs between enemy soldiers in the Chernobyl zone are all intelligible and wouldn't feel out of place in the Russian localization of the game (I rarely play localizations myself, as I can understand English just as well). Half of the soldiers have rather strange accents, there are some rare instances of faux military combat shouts, some of the written signs make no sense or are in the wrong place... But I still find the level of COD4's literacy in this department surprisingly high for a western game.

I've mentioned the Chernobyl mission because it's my favorite part of the game: memorable landmarks (which you can see in most photo spreads on the net), interesting stealth combat and evasion segments, a bit of quirky dialog from the enemies... What more can a man wish for?

Lastly, I must disagree with the majority on the game ending, it fits the mood of the game perfectly. But the rap over the main credits was the stupidest and most annoying thing I found in the entire game, it spoiled the mood entirely.

Right in every way , I also loved the radiation posioning bit, it was extremely effective!

the game sucked, it was designed for noobs who cant aim. 3x nades was just for those people who are that bad they dont live long enough to run out of ammo. So they can hopefully get a kill with there endless nade spam. lame

Schap3lleCorby:
the game sucked, it was designed for noobs who cant aim. 3x nades was just for those people who are that bad they dont live long enough to run out of ammo. So they can hopefully get a kill with there endless nade spam. lame

Three is hardly endless, plus you can throw them back.

Well I espected to hate this game along with CoD3 and Medal of Honor: Airborne(Shitty game)
but I came to like this game, one of my favourites infact. I for one liked the ending, seemed to fit to me and there really wasn't much more of a point to the campaign after you just saved the world.
Online is amazing, the handful of things I disliked was the rapping at the end of the game, the fact you can't trade weapons, and the overused Frag 'nades in Campaign that are seemingly undodgable and blow up in your hands when you try to toss them back.

If you had played the previous Call of Duty games you would have been a lot less impressed.

I think you mean if you had played them at their time of release, I played 4 and greatly enjoyed it,

some parts irritated the crap out of me, mainly the useless marines or when you go into a confined area on join operation, yes I mean the missile complex and you run into a good spot and start to kill any one from 900 feet away in the next town over (as yahtzee said something like that in review of Halo wars) and all of a sudden your getting shot in the ass, by ssi griggs, that got pretty irritating, but I just ran faster, then I trapped him in a corner which I filled with grenades, but that went badly, any way, after I finished it I found cod for about 1 pound so I bought it, it was pretty sucky.

then again my granddad did say when they were stuck in the philopenes with the marine, EVERY ONE ducked,

darkscum:
I think you mean if you had played them at their time of release, I played 4 and greatly enjoyed it,

some parts irritated the crap out of me, mainly the useless marines or when you go into a confined area on join operation, yes I mean the missile complex and you run into a good spot and start to kill any one from 900 feet away in the next town over (as yahtzee said something like that in review of Halo wars) and all of a sudden your getting shot in the ass, by ssi griggs, that got pretty irritating, but I just ran faster, then I trapped him in a corner which I filled with grenades, but that went badly, any way, after I finished it I found cod for about 1 pound so I bought it, it was pretty sucky.

then again my granddad did say when they were stuck in the philopenes with the marine, EVERY ONE ducked,

u do see the last post on this was 11 march?!?

yes but it doesn't really matter as the threads not been ended yet. :)

this area seems to attract a lot of attention can anyone tell me about this site i found
www.gamergrandslam.com see what you think

The single player campaign of Call of Duty 4 was good to even great. It's multiplayer however is probably the greatest insult to mankind. Ever.

Thinks: Maybe i should tell him abou that game just to anno-

"So most of the time i let game review requests go fuck themselves."

...... meh. best laid plans.

More praise then deserved but I forgive you for the triple cunted hooker joke XD

And this epic line.

All you need to know is this, There are two types of games, games that I have stopped playing because they bored or frustrated me into a state approaching Rigor Mortis and games that I stopped playing because I just noticed I should have had dinner 2 hours ago.

I am not requesting ever to him...Im scared...;(

I wasn't won over by this game. Every level had coolness in it, there was great weapon variety, it mixed things up really well, and the nuke scene was something else. However, I just didn't feel a need to hold onto it. Bizarre.
Should have seen me pounding the controller during the car-ride through the city though.

why did i have to say anything!?

*jumps out of plane*

So THIS is what "Triple Cunted Hooker" is from. It's funny because the Modern Warfare series will soon have 3 installments, and I haven't seen the good in them since I snagged Black Ops instead of this.

MW1-Always up to you to push forward
Today: Game plays itself for you.
ME: What the hell happened?

I think this review is a good retrospect for the modern military shooter, when MW1 came out everything about it was new and innovative but since it sold so well, everyone including it's sequels had to copy it and some even dumbed the mechanics down even further. Now the genre is stale because the only real innovation was given with this game. It's basically guitar hero only the series doesn't die and instead keeps getting larger.

I bet you if Blur (it was also published by activision) was successful we'd all complain about how respectable racing games have been replaced by semi-realistic racing games wit power-ups.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here