de-rez: Resident Evil

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Resident Evil

In this episode of de-rez, Leon Kennedy goes looking for zombies in all the wrong places.

I wish this had been the first De-Rez put out, it's much improved over the previous ones (although.. I suppose that would mean the previous ones would be a let-down.)

The bit with the camera angles and the "WTF?!" "There was a typewriter in there!" actually made me laugh out loud.

Definitely improving guys!

Wow... much better than the first couple... The bit with the 'healing herb' made me chuckle (how the hell does Leon revive himself with plants in the game?! It makes no sense...). If these videos keep improving like this, then I can't wait for the next one!

'LET'S GO TO AFRICA.'

Great! This was some funny stuff! Keep up the good work.

Some of the jokes and references feelt a bit overused, aside from that, its definitly the best one, keep up the good work.

Very funny, great timing, and some classic lines in there.

Good job.

I thouroughly enjoyed that. It felt a lot more professional than the Hitman one, had some great lines, and they made much better use of the initial concept. I really look forward to more like this.

It was good stuff, hope the next ones are just as good.

"It's mah first day!"

P.M.

So very true...

1200% better, Great work!

If you keep picking on gameplay mechanics like you did, then you will make a truly great series!

I'll tune in next time lol

Nice one, de-rez! It was clever, funny, and well-written all the way around. I loved the gag about the camera angle... definitely a laugh out loud moment.

This clip made me realize how silly computer games are -- which is painful to admit, since they have been a lifelong obsession.

My favorite part was the herb, and the fact Leon's expression never changes.

This was much better than the first one. Not laugh out loud funny yet, but you're improving at least. I'm glad that the 3rd place winner's comment about using camera angles similar to games made it onto your radar. I thought it was a good idea when I read it, and seeing it in action was definitely the funniest part of this video.

Haha! Awesome. Best De-rez so far. "Lets go to arfica!" :D

It certainly was a marked improvement over the previous installment and if things continue to improve it could get even better. Definitely did a better job of showcasing how ridiculous games like RE are when you actually analyze what they have you doing. I almost wish they had spent some time discussing how stupid all the rooms locked with bizarre animal locks or symbol shaped keys. Still, nice recovery from the previous episode.

"Spaniards?"

I love it.

Horray for Reverse-"Jumping The Shark"!

Ooh one criticism, your continuity with door shots and sound effects were a bit off.
Ah well lol

See? See how great this stuff can be if you work at it? ^.^
That said, it did feel like it started to drag at the end, and I didn't get the Spaniard thing (except I know that there are Spaniards in RE4). It was still really funny, though. Loved the whole "There was a typewriter in there!" thing. Seriously... I know Yahtzee's pointed out that RE dialogue is ridiculous, but this was brilliant.
...What was the deal with that scene, though? Were you making fun of respawning?

Thats was brilliant! I watched it twice in a row.

Almost all the gags made me laugh.

I look forward to the next episode! :)

Best De-Rez to date. Absolutely hilarious. It totally captured the b-movie side of the resident evil franchise.

I knew this had promise and this did not disappoint!

The controls and trying to get across a room
The camera changing "I can't see them, I have to go back"
"There was a type writer" Hahaha...
"That's a zombie" Hahaha...

Great improvement, guys! I knew your next one would be better, and I can see you're taking on board suggestions and enjoying what you do, and that's the most important thing. Some suggestions, though:

Don't be afraid to film more than you need to - play around with angles, shoot most scenes a few times from angles, different lighting, different phrasing and different lines. THen, when you look at it again you have more choice on how to use what you've filmed, and can refilm some parts that need to match the parts you kept.

You really need to keep it snappier, though. Some of it is very drawn out and slow. Remember, action and punch-lines need to hit hard and fast. Not as fast as ZP's stuff, but a bit faster. The slowness might work well for Res Evil, because it's a slow, fairly drawn out game.. but try to tighten it up a bit.

I really look forward to your next video! But, don't try and cut corners to keep a schedule - take the time you need to give it the love it deserves, or you'll wind up putting out crap every two weeks, as opposed to being a little late and having quality.

Great work, guys!

It was a drastic improvement, that's for sure, but I still had to stop watching halfway through, because it seemed to be just using the same joke over and over and over. Reading the comments, though, it sounds like it gets funnier later on, but I didn't make it that far. My advice is to focus a bit on improving pacing to make things a bit punchier.

Lol. Pretty funny.

"I can't read!"

And the best line, "Let's go to Africa!" :D

Loved it, great work guys.

Huge improvement, especially in the script. The actor who played Pip was great also, he made me laugh. If the script stays like this and the production value increases (it still needs to get better) then maybe de-rez will have something here after all.

The camera changing "I can't see them, I have to go back"

Almost fell off my chair laughing at that.

Great Work Guy's. Camera Angle's scene was hillarious. "WTF!" "There was a type writer in there" Hillarious. Keep Em' Comin Guys. [Edit] "lets go to Africa" FTW

A-meh-zing.

very funny

"looks like its curtains for meh"

Hilarious. "You unlocked it! You must be the master of unlocking!"

Much better than the Hitman film. Keep making films similair to this one, and you'll strike gold.

Slight improvement. I liked the second "master of unloc..." joke, and the looped video behind (but we've already seen this a million times before). However, I'm merely going through this just because there's "Escapist" stamped on it. I wouldn't give it a ten second chance if it was some random youtube stuff. Still below average in my book.

Arbre:
Slight improvement. I liked the second "master of unloc..." joke, and the looped video behind (but we've already seen this a million times before). However, I'm merely going through this just because there's "Escapist" stamped on it. I wouldn't give it a ten second chance if it was some random youtube stuff. Still below average in my book.

So what your saying is you have lower standards for a professional site than you do for amateurs on youtube?

Nice.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or