Zero Punctuation Alert: Yahtzee Goes to GDC

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

never heard of world time server no sorry :-p

also, thats 5AM GMT for whoever the other guy that asked was

I'm probably not the only one to mention this, but the first ZP videos were on Youtube.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY LIFE IS RUINED

WHY? WHY YAHTZEE WHY? DID THEY OVER YOU MORE MONEY? IF YOU RETURN TO ESCAPIST I WILL GIVE YOU ANOTHER MILLION POUNDS A VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!

Say what?! Fudge me sideways, Wednesday is ruined. 6am for us lot here in Germany, it'll be a loooooooooong nite... :(

Midnight!? I can't stay up that late... I'm OLD!

figure09:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY LIFE IS RUINED

WHY? WHY YAHTZEE WHY? DID THEY OVER YOU MORE MONEY? IF YOU RETURN TO ESCAPIST I WILL GIVE YOU ANOTHER MILLION POUNDS A VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude... ZP will be back as normal next week. It's just a special. Chill.

Hmm... I have a lecture at 9am tomorrow but staying up till 5 is tempting. I could watch the eclipse too.

yeah I have work experience to go to. may have to work in a little tired and weary... ah bad impressions.
thanks for helping with the time guys, ill have to watch it tomorrow.

It's really good to see Yahtzee moving forward with his video reviews. I'm not too bothered though about waiting an extra day (really - as I am not going to stay up until midnight on The Escapist, I'm sorry). But I really cannot wait to see these special episodes though.

Again, grats to Yahtzee getting into GDC.

Well I guess there's only one thing to do then... *calls in sick at work* I guess I'll just go to GDC! I was going to be there tomorrow, but if Yahtzee is there today...AND doing a presentation to boot...

I think they got the right guy for the job!!

execelent-.

Ah, eastern time, so I only have to wait till 11, YAY!

Oh, are people acting like Yahtzee is a real reviewer now btw? God I hope not...

Whether or not he's a "real" reviewer, I think one could make the point that he'd be an important opinion to have at a place like GDC, especially considering he's won awards for the Chzo Mythos series.

More waiting? Dammit all. Now I want to hit Ctrl + Q for testicle morphine.

SomeBritishDude:
Crap, what time is it on over here? (3 guesses where "over here" is)

Eastern Standard Time is UTC -5, UTC=GMT... so do the math...

its 5 hours later for you're timezone... so 12:00 EST = 5:00 AM GMT

I wonder how many of the people there have actualy seen ZP and how many will be horrified by the angry englishman berating their games.

ElArabDeMagnifico:
Oh, are people acting like Yahtzee is a real reviewer now btw? God I hope not...

Not a real reviewer? How do you figure? It's not like he's AVGN or anything... he actually is reviewing games... he gives positive and negitive reviews, and he is reviewing new games... I dunno... he may not be giving quantifiable scores to each game... but I think he qualifies as a reviewer... in fact, I actually feel he does a better job then most other so called video game critics out there...

sammyfreak:
I wonder how many of the people there have actualy seen ZP and how many will be horrified by the angry englishman berating their games.

Hey, that just might be what the video is going to be about. Imagine, Yahtzee, and maybe Valve at his side, holding the line against the rushing horde of suits. Once more into the breech!

"Want to see what yahtzee thinks is the greatest videogame character of 2007?"
Geralt of The Witcher :).
Just kidding, it's the Weighted Companion Cube of course.

"Which is the best console?"
Blu-Ray wins, so it has to be the PS3.

"Which rock game rocks hardest?"
The Witcher. A lot of rocking going on in there if you're tempted to press the right buttons.

I am so fapping until 12am tonight <3

He got to present at GDC! Lucky bastard!!! JK, Congratulations Mr. Croshaw:) I can't wait till the videos!

so by midnight eastern time you mean the east coast of Australia right?

Awesome , ill try to stay up :).

and btw , i also hit f5 to reload.

How do we have 2 pages of comments on a placeholder post?

Damnit! I just added to it.

Whoa...let me try to figure this out please.

You are going to host the videos at the Escapist HERE right?

Hope so....I have no way to watch TV. No Satelite no cable...nothing.

Halfang:
"the first-ever Zero Punctuation videos premiered anywhere other than right here at The Escapist. "

this is not completely true, good sir.

Also, I press F5 to reload.

I didn't get the F9 thing either, I press F5 too.

Haha, oh man. I didn't think there'd actually be someone stupid enough to make am impossible 'First post!1' and comment about the 'video' today, but humanity always manages to surprise me.

"Where's Christmas? Lisa! Where's Christmas?"

Aw, I've been looking forward to this most of the day. Ah well, I'm usually still up at midnight anyway. And the subject looks like a good one. Yahtzee's career has certainly taken off these past few months. Last July, he was one of millions of two-bit humor website operators and the designer of a few well-received but mostly obscure point-&-clicks. Now, he's one of the most popular people on the internet. By the way, are there any stats on unique page hits for these videos? I'm curious as to how many people actually watch these.

Also:

excessum ado:
First comment! yay! The video was actually rather entertaining.

Sir, you fail. Hard.

nilpferdkoenig:

Halfang:
"the first-ever Zero Punctuation videos premiered anywhere other than right here at The Escapist. "

this is not completely true, good sir.

Also, I press F5 to reload.

I didn't get the F9 thing either, I press F5 too.

My guess is it is a Mac thing. You can't trust those Mac users.

Carol Pentalentathon:
I'm probably not the only one to mention this, but the first ZP videos were on Youtube.

Well technically they weren't "ZP" as such ...

Though I wonder if you could call the announcement of ZP a ZP video?

Out of interest, how many people started coming to this site solely because of ZP? I know I did. Found that the forums were pretty good too so decided to stay.

Ugh, 5am GMT...
Gota get up at 8, no way...

Strafe Mcgee:
Out of interest, how many people started coming to this site solely because of ZP? I know I did. Found that the forums were pretty good too so decided to stay.

Exact same as me, Well I came here for ZP after the first one was on the site, and found the site a very good source of information, so I keep coming back, and not only on Wedensday.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here