Zero Punctuation: Yahtzee Goes to GDC

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Very good, very funny! I expecialy liked the Sonic v. Mario joke and the Time Shift joke. Finaly someone agrees Time Shift is just a hug rip.

duhman0008:

Erzei:

duhman0008:
Why the f$%# was this video censored?

+1

Plz dont do that again!

Also... regular video...

1- Don't do what?

2- What the hell is +1

3- Who are you

4- And I wouldn't call this a regular video since it was censored

1.- Well, that's for Yahtzee... don't censor the video. It's like having sex and then your girlfriend tells you "STOP"

2.- For me it's like saying (or typing in this case) "I agree with u"

3.- A mexican boy

4.- Agree... xD

terribly sorry, my connection as been having a bad case of the gremlins this night and I wasn't sure If the first post went through. refreshing the page apparently did nothing so I assumed not. mods feel free to remove this one

That was pretty awesome. So very true about DNF

duhman0008:

Ah, irony.

The review made me cheerful; the responses, not so much.

There seems to be some problem with this weeks's vid... It's making beep sounds from time to time that kinda sound like a student getting rolled over by a tank in Tiananmen square...

Did they tell you to "tone it the f[beep] down?"

Bleeps!

leafcats said it best i think. can the people at the GDC not be subjected to cuss words or something? and if so how did the GDC officials decide to offer a spot to Yahtzee? did they not watch his work before hand? i mean common, yahtzee without cussing makes no God damn sense. beeping yahtzee in one of his videos is like making strippers dance in a 3 piece suit not letting them TAKE IT OFF.

Great as always except for one thing.... it's censored!!!! I know it has to be for the GDC people but over here it does not have to be. What is this? America and Canada where everything needs to be censored???? I know I am just throwing it out of proportion. But an uncensored version would be ace. I still like it regardless. Oh well, one time censored is not going to hurt.

Erzei:

duhman0008:

Erzei:

duhman0008:

+1

Plz dont do that again!

Also... regular video...

1- Don't do what?

2- What the hell is +1

3- Who are you

4- And I wouldn't call this a regular video since it was censored

1.- Well, that's for Yahtzee... don't censor the video. It's like having sex and then your girlfriend tells you "STOP"

2.- For me it's like saying (or typing in this case) "I agree with u"

3.- A mexican boy

4.- Agree... xD

Oh OK, cool.

Crowbites:
That was pretty awesome. So very true about DNF

duhman0008:

Ah, irony.

Ya I know, that's why I did it :P

leafcats:

Bombader:
Jeez you people, this was played in front of a live studio audience! Apparently they were too lazy to uncenser some things, and generally it was a recap of the year, it is the GDC after all.

It's not the reason that it was censored that's the problem (or at least, the entire problem), it was the fact that it was censored POORLY. If they didn't want people to hear the big bad naughty words then whoever censored it should've done so that you couldn't tell what the words were at all as opposed to just making a very annoying albeit short beep in the middle of the word.

Meh I don't know, it never really bothered me as much. I guess I had some ringing in my ears or something.

Edit: It appears he made some return jokes from the PC gamer as well.

DethFanatic:
This is the first ZP review i have actually failed to laugh at...it just was not funny, it didnt cover any new ground, and was rather like one of those very annoying re-cap episodes you find in just about every single fucking science fiction series.

I have to agree with you. I didn't find it very funny either. Maybe because most of the jokes I've seen before. And most jokes hade beeps over them.

It seems a lot of people watch the vids just to hear a dude with a cool accent cussing really fast. I would call that pretty "meh" for I didn't even notice the censoring before reading about it. Doesn't notice, doesn't care, or what. The fact that somebody said it was played before an audience explains the censoring, tho I thought at first when reading about it that it was some sarcastic joke towards award shows where you shouldn't really cuss. Never thought this was "serious business". :P

I dident really notice the swearing until afterwards either and i am considering if you guys are all lieing to piss me off or something.

I actualy think its the best ZP in a long time, the "stop throwing rocks att your cars" and "Bees" part were hysterical.

Omg he likes some1 more then Gordon Freeman :O

Nice triple review

7/10 overall. And I'm a longtime fan of Yahtzee's reviews...I've enjoyed them since the beginning.

Pretty good, but hearing the audience's reaction would have completed it.

Censorship can *bleeep* itself in it's *bleeep* *bleeep*.

the censorship was stupid and annoying, but i love the idea of Duke being the greatest cultural contribution in history.

lol covered in bees.

That said, there's really not much one can say about it, save that Bioshock Guy/Jack winning for FPS faceless guy of 2007 says yes to me. I mean... video for purpose, purpose accomplished, we're good to go.

though I do agree with wanting to see the reaction of the intended audience. Considering I even read these comments.

Just a couple of points:

1. Not a single mention of Portal? Doubleyou-tee-eff?
2. So we finally got to see Yahtzee's drawing of Sonic. At long last.

I think the bleeping could have been removed fo this version. We can fucking handle it.

I especially liked the homage to Monty Python.

Good work.

Kingofblades2278:
Maybe I'm getting the analogy wrong, but did he just say that the 360 was the worst console there?

He sees most of us as "console tards" and lets face it most anoying people are xboxers.
To prove my point, I will now give your email to spam sites -enjoy.

Haha he made a Monty Python reference at the end! Bravo!

Corbineau:
lol covered in bees.

Hahaha, glad to see I wasn't the only one thinking Eddie Izzard when that came up.

"I don't want a cup of coffee from you! You're covered in bees!"

Good reviews. Now I must return to my shut-in life making my second 70 character.

Please, put up the unedited version. I just couldn't get into to the review when there was a bleep very few seconds. How would "...cock slapping the Mona Lisa" have sounded if that was bleeped? So once again, please put up another version.

Good S**Beep

Surely the amount of censorship depends on the time that the review actually went out to the gdc? And since it was split into 3 parts, the first part would have had to go out pretty early, explaining the censorship.
I'm sure Yahtzee will release an uncensored version in time... but since most people seem to be complaining about the rehashing of old jokes (par for the course at award shows), then I'm not sure why people are so outraged by the censorship...

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVISIMO! *throws a rose up on the stage*

Ps. i love the bleeping, it has its comic-effect aswell, i didnt mind at all...

Very nice Yahtzee.

With regards to the Guitar Hero/Rock Band stuff - there is a game in the works for PC/Mac - Guitar Rising - with similar gameplay but where you can actually plug in a real guitar and learn to play for real. I am hoping that on higher levels it streams by something like real notes rather than just brightly colored buttons.

In the current videos there is a very simple background, so you miss one of the main attractions of GH/RB that Yahtzee points out - the cheering crowds that make you feel like a star. But perhaps this will be added in the final release.

http://www.guitarrising.com/

Come on, the beeping wasn't even covering the cuss in most cases, it had to be a piss take....

people are outraged because its unholy to censor yahtzee. his 'reviews' are a combination of speach and visual entertainment working together to creat a statment (usualy a funny one) if you censor any part of it you screw the whole thing up.

what makes his work great is his timeing what hes SAYING coupled with what your looking at, take either of those aspects away and you are left with shit. here is a challange for you, go load up one of his game reviews and close your eyes and just listen to it, its not all that funny, next plug your ears or turn off your speakers and just WATCH the review, again not that funny, combined they are a riot and provoke even the most stone faced people i know (and being a US Marine retired i know alot of them) to actualy laugh right out loud at some of his works.

take any part of it away, or change anything and you just 'cock it all up', it only really works and has magic as a whole presentation. with censorship it ends up being like showing a pie chart without the pie

[quote=Bombader]Jeez you people, this was played in front of a live studio audience! Apparently they were too lazy to uncenser some things quote]

Ahhhh that'll be why it was beeped up to the b****cks then. At least it was relatively funny, looking forward to getting back to normal next week though.

Spamout

I like my Yahtzee like I like my coffee,

NOT covered in *beeps*!

It really does detract from the humour.

Midnight is well past the watershed, I think us big kids can handle a bit of potty mouth.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here