Zero Punctuation: Yahtzee Goes to GDC

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

This will be interesting this year! =D

got to say one of my favrotes my only critisisum is the reuse of old jokes and old art but other than that very good

O dear lord that was good althought that random gaps were annoying!!

I would really like to see some direct feed from Yahtzee's stageperformance or the response from the audience. Anyway great work again, keep it up!

Though it is not worth noting Stoic doesn't mean what Yahtzee thinks Stoic means. I am not going to bother to go into the details here except to say that true Stoicism is simply accepting neccessity (i am currently writing a thesis on Stoicism so trust me on this). There is a difference between silent and Stoic, between emotionless and being in control of your emotions. But who really cares about that besides me? Go forth and read Marcus Aurelius' Meditations friends and foes alike.

I say this because technically the Bioshock guy isn't Stoic at all (and technically is called Jack and so also has a name) but rather is just a gun toting guy. So Gordon Freeman should win by default. He is a man who is in a real shitty situation completely outside his control who just accepts it and makes the best of it. That is definantely Stoic. While Jack is to some extent driven by forces outside his control he doesn't take them well at all. In fact it you take into account the endings to the game he is either too nice or too mean to ever be Stoic. But like i said who really cares about my wild ramblings?

Poida12 i am sure i am not the only person who wants you dead for saying that!!! hehe!!yahtzee is a great reviewer with a good view on games. honeastly who cares about what you think you little pesky creature!

Was good. Though in a sad way the thing that excited me most was the advert for Sims Castaway Stories that came on after the show finished. Might have to start nagging my sister to buy that so I dont have to but can still play it.

But I digresss. Good, brief summery of the year. Personally I hadnt even heard of Timeshift of gave a c**p about DNF, but amusing summeries of both of them.

entropy3ko:
It's a really cool video. An unusual ZP, but very entertaining. I'm going to watch it one more time *_* (I stil did not understand well what he says about the Japanese Games dicks at 1:58-1:59)

Japanese are fans of hentai and one of the most common hentai genres is tentacle hentai, so, meh, go figure. ^^

I believe a 'wtf?!!1!!one!??' is in order.

Very. Very. Disappointed.

So now we've gone all Bush-y and censored the naughty poo-poo words??

Unbelievable. I had too many bookmarks anyway . . .

OK, some of this may have been covered, but:

1) The censorship was for TV as well as GDC. G4 (for one) broadcast the entirety on TV. Adults CAN usually handle it, when they're not thumping bibles. Despite the censorship, this was a funny trio, given the context it was made for.

2) Yahtzee, good TV presence, if a little nervous (understandable). Good to see/hear the man behind the madness.

3) About the console wars thing, the XBox 360 showing up drunk thing was probably a stab at the reliability issues. If the Red Ring of Death thing wasn't as much of an issue, the PS3 would have had a harder time than it did last year.

Another hilarious video Yahtzee is talking fast again i will have to listen to it again.

ZP does take the edge off a cold...

Good video, I almost found the almost off-sync bleeping funny... I mean, what the fuc*bleep* was all that about? You've pretty much heard the entire word by the time they bleep it, and if they somehow DON'T know what the scary, big-bad, grown-up language is (Note: This was presented in front of what I would assume were 'grown-ups'), then they may as well be apple pie-eating, idiot, self-portrayed superhero American soldiers, as elegantly protrayed in this and many other ZP videos.

jeez, that was funny!!

=/

In a bad mood so didn't find it that good, also the censoring was really annoying.

I get the feeling this was censored because it was non-exclusive to this site, so they had to censor it. Thant being said, yes the bleeps pissed me off too.

Quick question, has Yahtzee EVER bothered to respond to any of these posts(in the comments of any of his videos)? Or does he just toss us a fish and leave, while we gab about it endlessly?

Imhatepie:
Quick question, has Yahtzee EVER bothered to respond to any of these posts(in the comments of any of his videos)? Or does he just toss us a fish and leave, while we gab about it endlessly?

The latter of course, I'm pretty sure he's not keen on his fan base after the endless "Do Cod 4 lolz" e-mails, and the people who tell him how to do his reviews.

SomeBlackGuy:

Imhatepie:

The latter of course, I'm pretty sure he's not keen on his fan base after the endless "Do Cod 4 lolz" e-mails, and the people who tell him how to do his reviews.

Yes, but even in his earlier videos, I'm pretty sure he never responded :/
I dont think it has much to do with anything we could have influenced.

Stupid bleeping!

Imhatepie:

SomeBlackGuy:

Imhatepie:

Yes, but even in his earlier videos, I'm pretty sure he never responded :/
I dont think it has much to do with anything we could have influenced.

On the first few he put a couple of responses and then I think he realised that even though he serves up a golden jewel encrusted gift from the hall of Xerxes week in and week out there was always going to be some whiney bitch complaining that it was the wrong shade of gold or the gems weren't laid out quite right or he could have got 2 more cuts in that diamond, any other old shit cause some people just love to have a whinge.

Much better to leave them too it and get on with the important part of giving us our zp fix every week.

Is the bleeping such a big deal? for those that need uncencored swearwords to be able to laugh the word s**t was written on the placard at 3:56. Oh sure the principle of the thing perhaps ircs some, but the amount of "omg they cencored the swear" responses & the aparent outrage its causing is on par with reminicent to Jeff Gerstmann's sacking from gamespot uncomfortably close to after he shot Kane & Lynch to pieces in his review.

And the award for "Best Use of 'Maple Leaf Rag' in a Video Game Review" goes to...

Yahtzee!

gibboss28:

Crap_haT:

Digikid:
Very disappointing. Was not that funny IMHO and the sensoring made it worse.

Looking forward to next week though.

PS3 over the 360? Sorry but....WRONG. Sure it is getting better but it is definately not better than the 360...sorry.

I call fanboy!

How is he a fanboy?

How is he a fan boy?

Digikid:
PS3 over the 360? Sorry but....WRONG

That's how. Dude, are you not reading this?
Perhaps something more along the lines of
"I like both the consoles but I feel that the 360 gives me, personaly, more pleasure. I'm not trying to force my oppinion on anyone."
Would look less like someone was trying to defend a console.

It was ok. Would of been great without all the incessant bleeping of anything that would of actually produced humor. :(

well still great as usual, except this time i was actually laughing out loud causing
my fiancy and my dogs to stare at me as if i was the devil in reincarnation.

loved it.

Dogs as in 2x wuf wuf.

Great episode as always!

Anyone knows the name of that piano song in this episode?

If 2007 was anything to go by, it was a good year Yahtzee but a bad year for gaming. Way to go, man!

Kiksu:
Great episode as always!

Anyone knows the name of that piano song in this episode?

That's "The Entertainer" by Scott Joplin.

...its not the same censored =[

...its not the same censored =[

ix:
Wow the red hair comment was really clever... stupid prick.

Don't feel bad. I'm sure your limited edition Big Daddy figurine is really cool ;-)

m_jim:

ix:
Wow the red hair comment was really clever... stupid prick.

Don't feel bad. I'm sure your limited edition Big Daddy figurine is really cool ;-)

They turn ones life into a glamourus gene manipulating party!

I think people with any sort of predisposition to be offended are bound to get burnt by Yahtzee at some point. That's okay - I think we're probably all doomed to having something we find objectionable even in humour - but the key is realising that this is bound to happen.

To those of you who are finding yourself calling Yahtzee in some way prejudiced towards some groups of people, I implore you to look back on his works. He makes fun of everyone, whenever the context requires it, because his 'job' is to make fun of things.

Evidence: While not an accurately complete portrayal of the whole world by a long shot, I distinctly remember a review (Paper Mario, for the curious) wherein he called the Japanese xenophobic dicks, Americans arseholes and mocked Australia as consisting of sheep (the animal, presumably) and himself.

ZP, simply, is not politically correct, and doesn't in any way strive to be. Enjoy it as what it is. If it offends you, that's all right, but please keep the above evidence in mind before you draw conclusions about Yahtzee (or the editors, or even Zero Punctuation as a whole) from that.

As for the censorship: I don't mind it. I don't think anyone at the Escapist (or Yahtzee himself) ought to feel obligated to (un)clean this video for us to we can enjoy it without the bleeps. This was not made for the ZP audience. It is simply being courteously shared with us - or so I gathered from the alert.

As to my personal opinion: bees. Can't stop laughing. Sides hurting. Argh. *splits into several Tetris-shaped blocks that scatter across the floor*

Get rid of the censoring. It really ruins everything and seems extremely forced. Yahtzee's reviews are enjoyable because they're original and untainted by corporate interests (at least compared to GameSpot, but then neither is Halliburton comparatively.) Censoring ZP is like having a nude bar with a dress code requiring a jacket and tie but nothing else -- even with the very forced facade of respectability and sophistication, it fails to hide its point: crudeness and raunchiness.

Summary: The Escapist, make up your mind. If you want to be edgy, the stop with the censorship. If you want to be kid-friendly, don't have a review section featuring a foul-mouthed Aussie. Simple as that. Straddling the fence makes nobody happy.

yet another amazing video. worth the wait. =]

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or