Zero Punctuation: Yahtzee Goes to GDC

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Personally, I would have liked to see the audiences faces, after they had asked it to be censored and sat through 6 minutes of fu*cks

i came. :D

This latest review is Yahtzee's Halo 3. Lots of hype. He's Yahtzee, you know, so OMFG you'll wet yourself it's so funny. But ... it just does not live up to the anticiption. He's trying too hard. He sacrifies content on the altar of humor. The reason why dear 'ol Ben is so fine at what he does is that he has both -- a scathing wit as well as excellent insights into the games we play.

This review was more jokes than content. Take the content away and Yahtzee just becomes an annoying crank. I mean, how many times is he going to make boobie jokes? Ok, the first few times that's funny. But really now, can you compare things you do or don't like to something else?

As for censorship. There ain't none. To be true censorship it must come from the state. That's why the first amendment does not apply here either. Heck, those bleeps are more for stylistic effect anyway as they don't cover the entire word. So don't get your knickers in a bunch about it.

At least it wasn't another Peggle review. And for that I am thankful.

Jason224:

...too much information

Indigo_Dingo:

Jason224:

...too much information

lol

I would just like to point out that the Bioshock protagonist has a name. Jack, go figure.

Anyone notice on the censoring that they seemed to bleep more of the British style slang? To me thats a major part of the charm. Hopefully the bleeping doesn't become a full time thing.

ekaielias:
I would just like to point out that the Bioshock protagonist has a name. Jack, go figure.

I'm not so sure about that. That might just be part of the lie the Irish guy used on him, so it can't really be trusted.

Wyatt:

how can you not love that man?

He doesn't care about my fragile, precious eardrums! THAT'S how!

Yahtzee loves it when we hate something about his videos. He couldn't survive without our complaints, it's like his life's blood.

[ Removed for Wyatt's sake. ]

your 'challange' wasnt ignore, the fact is i dont recall saying anything about you in the specific.

it was Pie way back on page 3 that sparked my hostility. i actualy concidered your post somewhat above average in that you obviously put some thought into the actual topic and were not just looking to spew nonsence and get your post count elivated.

on the other hand you did jump into the debate with both feet calling for 'getting along' despite Pies obvious provication and decided to defend censorship in the process so you arent totaly innocent from the rather wide swath i painted with my brush.

you werent my target with my comments but you DO fall under the shadow of them after re-reading your posts i guess.

truth is though i did read your posts i didnt see much in them to take fault with other than the typical call for 'getting along' wich on the net is like calling for snow-balls in hell.

All right, thank you very much for the clarification. (I've also removed the post since I see no gain in painting you in a bad light.)

dont sweat it, its hard to get a true sence of whats being said in forums sometimes and we all have mistaken comments now and again.

ohh and you didnt need to censor your posts on my account, im all for freedom of expression as you know, besides you did make a good point that my calling someone a moron left me as the 'pot' too their 'kettle' :)

Wyatt:
im all for freedom of expression as you know

*chuckles* Maybe I did it to annoy you! *wiggles eyebrows* (Just kidding, of course.)

Duke Nukem will be the game that eats BS's magic bees!

(LOL WTF did I just say :P)

god i nearly died at the picture of realistic vitual sex. :-D yahtzee i want to have your... well, make, your test tube babies not the other way... cause that would be weird.

Wow.. this was epic :D best ever ? thanks Yahtzee

I loved the video just like every other video I've watched, Yahtzee, but for once, I actually couldn't keep up. I think this time you (Yahtzee) were actually talking a little faster than normal. Although I believe keeping the STYLE of talking fast is what makes this format work brilliantly, once you start talking as fast as those radio contest ad commercial guys, it becomes impossible to follow.

Great video, and I caught most of it (and all of it after a few repeat viewings) but as I said, just be careful of the speed. Eventually, people may actually start losing you. ;)

Oh, and just so you know, everytime I watch one of the videos, I crack up laughing, so I know for sure this format works brilliantly, and has been a constant source of wild amusement for me.

Very good, but.. as with what everyone else has said,

The bleeping/censoring, whatever the hell you want to call it, is complete and utter rubbish. Get rid of the bloody censor, it is one of the reasons the show is so popular. It is "indy," that is to say, it "has no rules". Let's keep it that way, hmm?

Oh, and I realize that the bleeping is probably because this is the GDC version of the show.. I can only hope that this is the case.

Great job. I laughed at "at least one type of cancer".

I was there at the performance, the BLEEPS got louder chuckles then anything else.

I though tried to refrain from laughing too loudly, because the jokes just came in so fast that time spent chuckling was time not-spent listening, though Rest Assured that at the end of each segment the room was full of fitful and wide-spread applause.

uh, Gordon Freeman had a bee gun first.

They didnt censor the sign in the end segment! lol.

Anyone know what the song is called in between the clips?

I can see bleeping for an open convention or something. But how many game developers would be offended by the swearing?

Even bleeping couldn't stop it from being funny.

Funny, but funky problem on the site today.

Shortly after saying "Tabula Rosa" the vid miniturizes as if it was finished. I tried using the slider to get past this but no dice.

Any input/solution would be welcomed.

I just discovered that Portal won game of the year at this censorship fest. Did their Weighted Companion Cubes tell them to vote for Portal?

BUT GUYZ, TEH BIOSHOCK GUY HAZ A NAME!!!!!!

=.= I hate censorship...
Haha good review, and I see you are sticking to the stereotype that all drummer are retards....

Anywho, good review, please post an uncensored one :)

Dear Yahtzee

I like your videos and the way you bring out all the bad stuff about games. But I'd like to ask you if you could actually make a review about World of Warcraft. Yeah, I've heard loads of people talk about how good it is or how bad it is but the fact is; Most people that say it sucks are wankers who dye their hair blonde and listen to techno music while playing Counter-Strike. Most people who say it is good are not to be trusted because they wank at night whilst looking at a girls picture crying; WHY CAN'T YOU BE MINE?!?! But you can probably say something that CAn be trusted, can't you?

With love, Gizlone

i want to know why the F!@# this Zero Punctuation was F!@#ing censored..

gizlone:
Dear Yahtzee

I like your videos and the way you bring out all the bad stuff about games. But I'd like to ask you if you could actually make a review about World of Warcraft. Yeah, I've heard loads of people talk about how good it is or how bad it is but the fact is; Most people that say it sucks are wankers who dye their hair blonde and listen to techno music while playing Counter-Strike. Most people who say it is good are not to be trusted because they wank at night whilst looking at a girls picture crying; WHY CAN'T YOU BE MINE?!?! But you can probably say something that CAn be trusted, can't you?

With love, Gizlone

While most people who play World of Warcraft are ugly fatasses with no friends, right?

See, I can generalize too.

I saw a video this actually at the GDC on YouTube. It's been removed now, but it's definitely a lot funnier when other people are laughing along with you.

hopefully duke nukem forever isnt made of fail

lizards:

So when you preform necromancy is it usually at night or any time of the day?

Jacen Solo:

lizards:

So when you preform necromancy is it usually at night or any time of the day?

i think that that was an attempted trolling effort but i dont really know what you mean.....

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here