Zero Punctuation: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Pages PREV 1 . . . 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 . . . 39 NEXT

Hamster at Dawn:
damn, only 23 more posts to go...
I hate you guv and I hate the games that you like!

if you hate us that much bugger off and get a life whilst you have chance says me whilst typing this lol

Evilducks:

guv:
thx lzdarkangel...

p.s ff7 is THE BEST!!!although cait sith is kwler

ouch, and guv snatches defeat from the jaws of victory faster than a democrat.

lol nice comment although i dont want my fun happy loving |"i hate yahtzee fanboys" argument to be drawn into an argument about ff7.

lol yay!!! somebody else joins the crusade for justice

guv:

whos that then or am i bein really dumb?

Lzdarkangel:

guv:

whos that then or am i bein really dumb?

ummm... its you...
can somebody say something about the yahtzee thing because to be honest im rather bored when im not complaining

dude, i said i hated you, i was hoping you'd complain about that until we got up to 1000 posts.

go for it guv all they can do is try to verbally beat us up and i dont feel pain from words lol

Hamster at Dawn:
dude, i said i hated you, i was hoping you'd complain about that until we got up to 1000 posts.

hey i'm no fan boy of anythin and if you look back most of the posts are yahtzee fan bois tryin to bum him like you

Lzdarkangel:

Hamster at Dawn:

hey i'm no fan boy of anythin and if you look back most of the posts are yahtzee fan bois tryin to bum him like you

ok chill dude I'm just joking around. yes, I do mostly agree with Yahtzee but I know he is wrong sometimes. I actually haven't played SSBB so I can't say whether the review is accurate or not.

well apart from ffvii and i am very chilled gotta go works callin

1000 posts!!!
why ....is that your new goal in life...i have some better ones for...
get laid
get some friends...(outside of forums.)
and break away from your computer once in a while

Hamster at Dawn:

Lzdarkangel:

Hamster at Dawn:

ok chill dude I'm just joking around. yes, I do mostly agree with Yahtzee but I know he is wrong sometimes. I actually haven't played SSBB so I can't say whether the review is accurate or not.

ok...from that i reckon ur all right...NO GUV!!! time to stop complaing - note to self

It's actually surprising that this of all the reviews he has done has this many people with this much to say. come on guys almost 1000 comments. But the review was awesome. Love the game, I am "that guy" but then again most people are, most people are in it to win when it comes to multiplayer games. I would have figured that the Halo 3 review would have been a bigger outcome than this game, because of all the hype of that game. If it wasn't for Snake and Sonic, this game would have never done as good as it has. I think its great that they aren't unlocked right away. and It's not hard to unlock them, you can either go through the "story" mode, or you can just play a shit load of VS. matches, every 50 matches unlocks someone, believe me it goes by a lot faster than you think it will.

p.s. Who gives a shit where Marth is from, he is still a badass character to unlock, just wish they would have had Roy instead.

ccayton18:
p.s. Who gives a shit where Marth is from, he is still a badass character to unlock, just wish they would have had Roy instead.

i've heard this comment from a few people and personally i disagree, roy sacrificed all the usefulness of marth in exchange for power, his counter almost never worked and his recovery move was decent but he was too small and light to have no horizontal recovery, ike is a huge improvement over roy his combat set up being one of the most useful i've ever seen and definitly some of the most powerful. marth is more in the spirit of brawl than roy, he is a technique character and therefore should be a little weaker, it's super easy to get off attacks with marth and he protects himself extremely well and therefore has no business being a juggernaught, roy just seemed to have too many holes, marth and ike are nice and solid characters.

nightmare_gorilla:

ccayton18:

i've heard this comment from a few people and personally i disagree, roy sacrificed all the usefulness of marth in exchange for power, his counter almost never worked and his recovery move was decent but he was too small and light to have no horizontal recovery, ike is a huge improvement over roy his combat set up being one of the most useful i've ever seen and definitly some of the most powerful. marth is more in the spirit of brawl than roy, he is a technique character and therefore should be a little weaker, it's super easy to get off attacks with marth and he protects himself extremely well and therefore has no business being a juggernaught, roy just seemed to have too many holes, marth and ike are nice and solid characters.

yeah i have never been much for his counter attack and i have always been one to sacrifice power for speed, cause i dont like using people like fox cause he is too fast, but roy to me was just the right speed and was really powerful. thats just me though.

Ah. It seems everyone (including me) is done insulting each other for no reason.

Anyway, I'd also agree that Roy didn't have enough difference from his other sword-wielding counterpart for his attributes to be justified, and Ike takes Roy's finer points (namely, raw power) in his own fighting style, no longer a Marth clone. Much like Luigi to Mario or Falco melee to the new one, but more so.

And if anyone, after the 999th post, says something to the effect of "woot, post 1000! Go me," than so help me god I will ... get somewhat annoyed, though not surprised, and for the most part do nothing about it.

Why does everyone get so emo about games they are a small part of life which is fun. I have never played many nintendo games but if it you like it and its fun to play with your mates then calm down.

Also I cant beleive these threads have gone on past another zero punctuation review, I didn't know so many people cared about one review.

*Steals the 1000th post.* Internet superstardom, here I come. Or is it the banhammer? :| (Yes, 144, I did it specifically to annoy you.)

Anyway, I said in an earlier thread I'd likely be disappointed by Brawl and that's exactly what happened. Sad, really.

agerdemon:
Why does everyone get so emo about games they are a small part of life which is fun. I have never played many nintendo games but if it you like it and its fun to play with your mates then calm down.

That was sort of out of the blue...
I'm not sure emo was the right word...I think opinionated may have been better, though I'm not quite sure what you were going for...

And SSBB is one of those games that gets people to take a stand regardless of whether or not it's good or bad. Hence, you and I are still here, as well as many others.

TheTakenOne:
*Steals the 1000th post.*

Ugh. Are you serious?

TheTakenOne:
*Steals the 1000th post.* Internet superstardom, here I come. Or is it the banhammer? :| (Yes, 144, I did it specifically to annoy you.)

Anyway, I said in an earlier thread I'd likely be disappointed by Brawl and that's exactly what happened. Sad, really.

That's the third time (I think) that you've edited. Just post something else, instead of making me look like I'm rambling on and on.

144:

TheTakenOne:
*Steals the 1000th post.*

Ugh. Are you serious?

Your earlier post just cried out "That would totally annoy me" and as a rule of thumb I have to do things like that. Reverse psychology and all that. It's like if you put a button on a huge console and label it "DON'T PUSH THIS BUTTON." How many people would press it just to spite the label?

144:

agerdemon:

That was sort of out of the blue...
I'm not sure emo was the right word...I think opinionated may have been better, though I'm not quite sure what you were going for...

And SSBB is one of those games that gets people to take a stand regardless of whether or not it's good or bad. Hence, you and I are still here, as well as many others.

Yeah emo is the wrong word soz

marth if from fire emblem!!!!!!

(to theTakenOne). Haha. Yeah, I probably shouldn't have said anything, but then it would have been worse.

But more to the point, regardless of how GOOD or BAD the review was, it was definitely controversial enough, so congrats, Yahtzee.

guv:

But really? I was hoping after my last remark regarding reading small bits of the forum you'd have done so to avoid repeatedly restating posts 1 through 800 and beyond. In fact, there was a conversation about Marth in between two of your very own posts. We realize (as does Yahtzee by now, I'm sure) that Marth is from fire emblem, hence Ike's being so similar in appearance and (A button) moveset.

I liked the review, especially the falling words thing at the end. Split my sides. Even though I did enjoy Brawl. On the other hand, it really felt like Yahtzee was just reaching for criticism anyway. Complaining about the camera angles was really reaching there, especially when there at a dozen more(and better) things to complain about.

On the subject of Marth, did the developers really have to girl him up so much? I know Japan likes its androgynous bishonen, but wow, did he get girly.

TheTakenOne:
I liked the review, especially the falling words thing at the end. Split my sides. Even though I did enjoy Brawl. On the other hand, it really felt like Yahtzee was just reaching for criticism anyway. Complaining about the camera angles was really reaching there, especially when there at a dozen more(and better) things to complain about.

On the subject of Marth, did the developers really have to girl him up so much? I know Japan likes its androgynous bishonen, but wow, did he get girly.

To the first thing, complete agreement. Particularly with the falling words.

To the second thing, partial agreement. All Japanese characters are required (by law) to have stupid hair of bright color, and long flowing garments. According to various female acquaintances, he has a "queer eye for the straight guy" appeal. And honestly, anyone with a sword and cape already has a girlish stereotype attributed to him, even if it was, say, Swarchenegger in the costume.
And if you want a funny/disturbing image (which coincidentally proves this point), try imagining Swarchenegger with blue hair and a long flowing cape, and you'll see what I mean.

144:
And if you want a funny/disturbing image (which coincidentally proves this point), try imagining Swarchenegger with blue hair and a long flowing cape, and you'll see what I mean.

Dear God, I'm going to have nightmares tonight. I swear I'm going to make you pay for my therapy.

144:

guv:

But really? I was hoping after my last remark regarding reading small bits of the forum you'd have done so to avoid repeatedly restating posts 1 through 800 and beyond. In fact, there was a conversation about Marth in between two of your very own posts. We realize (as does Yahtzee by now, I'm sure) that Marth is from fire emblem, hence Ike's being so similar in appearance and (A button) moveset.

FFS!! YOU LEARY F**K u represent prove all of my comments!!!

Wow, this thread got... long. Unnecessarily long.

Honestly, the thing about Yahtzee's reviews is that they're usually accurate, even if you don't agree with his conclusions. And they're done in such a way that you really don't feel like agreeing or disagreeing is all that important.

"Reaching for criticism?" Not any more than he does with any other game. Brawl has problems. Most of them are what Yahtzee pointed out: Camera (zooming out waaaaay too far? Yes, a problem), Extremely long character unlocks (yes), Single Player long and repetative (oooh yes - really too bad too, 'cause it had some potential).

For Yahtzee's review, add in hating Fighting Games (funny, since I've always thought of Smash Bros. as "fighting lite" at best).

Now, if those things are enough to make you go "Hey, this game blows," then hey, you got something out of the review. If they're not, then hey, you enjoyed the review.

Honestly, if that's all of the criticism (and it's all very valid - c'mon, we all know those are issues) that could be found for this game, it's only because he didn't actually put a lot of time into it.

I love the game though, and most people I know do too (inexplicably, those who I know who hate the game in theory really enjoy -playing- it).

Great review though.

I think it's funny that it's like the same 5 people keeping this thread alive. lol

Yahtzee doesn't like multiplayer games much, doesn't he?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 . . . 39 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here