de-rez: The Truth About 3D Realms

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

The Truth About 3D Realms

Our crack documentary team gets behind closed doors at developer 3D Realms for exclusive one-on-one interviews with the team that's been making Duke Nukem Forever for 11 years.

Getting better. And slightly more scary each time. Loved the demi-moustache.

liked it. Wonder how close to home the parody hits for 3D realms

"Theres no higher rank than admiral"

Like it, although theres a real possibility that was an actual documentary.

Red Shadow:

Like it, although theres a real possibility that was an actual documentary.

Indeed. That's what makes it scarier.

Very interesting, I liked it

that was great. 3D Realms needs to just give up...11 years?!

Its actually funny this time!

Everything from the thick 'Nukem Dukem' guy to the general, funny tone. Its openly sarcastic, but is still rather clever at the same time. Its topical, too, considering the release of the Forever trailer a few months back.

Seriously, what's with the lack of creativity, stop trying to be like you were with hitman, because, (and I'm a regular viewer) it's not that good.

Half-moustache coder was a bit...off, but the level designer and manager were awesome.
Although, saying that, the guilty leering at the political-corrector was hilarious.

Hah! That was gold! Were you going for a "The Office" vibe with this video? The boss's ridiculous dialog gave me flashbacks of that show.

I liked it, but your videos could do with being a little bit shorter. Six minutes is too long for this kind of thing.

I know it's the office theme song, and that you were going for a "office" vibe in this one, but "so what becomes of you my love" says everything about my waiting for duke nukem forever

Very nice. Not over the top humor (but i liked it that way considering the style you were going for), but you weren't beating jokes to death either. Very nice indeed.

The best De-Rezz to date!

I liked it, kept my attention, variety of jokes, didn't want it to end. I think it takes alot from the Office yes but so what? Its still funny. I also like the more subdued style - though there was still some crazyness (half a tash? wierd, but kinda amusing too).

Its not laugh out loud humour but for me thats a good thing. I want to be entertained by a video - and at this you succeeded. This may seem like damning with faint praise but honestly i think it was of a higher quality (except Resi) and a totally different style to everything else you've done. Also you made me laugh whereas ZP left me cold this week.

Overall - More of this please!

Then again, i take that back: Keep doing different things, keep it fresh. Don't just become a tired old formula like ZP. You won't get the universal admiration but you will keep me entertained. :)

Having said that: "Alo! Its ME! HITMAN!" has become practically a catch phrase for me... Thats a little sad isn't it? Oh well...

Yet again, another De-rez movie, another style (in fact my comments are more repetitive than the De-Rez movies!).

Another great episode, definately the best so far.

Ricky Gervais - watch out!!

Google Image Search failed to turn up an adequate result for "Stop Wasting Bandwidth" that I could boilerplate to these movies.

Really liked this , office also one of my favortite shows so guess that might have been a factor :P .

Er, did anyone else notice that the lady meant to make the game 'politically correct' was *ahem* wearing a really low cut top? Resist ... urge ... to whistle and press use key to offer a bill to shake that booty... ;)

And for those who don't know, I could have sworn I remember reading about people who were trying to make mods for other games that were Duke Nukem themed and were handed cease and desist orders. :P

Heh the half stashe was great.

You guys!

Very funny indeed.

Brilliant :)

That was brilliant

Best one so far ^^

I hope no one missed the poke at General British. If you don't remember who that is: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2326-Zero-Punctuation-Tabula-Rasa

I laughed!!! Thrice in fact
That was so much better than anything you've done.
You need to focus a bit on the characters though the coder guy had funny line but was way too weird.

That should be the 3D Realms slogan 'There's really no-one else to blame but... us really'

We're going to be waiting for Duke nukem for ever!

I am so sorry about this horrable pun. I actually feel ashamed.

Crap_haT:
We're going to be waiting for Duke nukem for ever!

I am so sorry about this horrable pun. I actually feel ashamed.

and so you should...bad, bad crap_hat

This is probably their best one, I thought the best part was "The possibilities are endless because..well...we haven't started yet.."

Amazing.

Melaisis:
Its actually funny this time!

-but "News" and "Resident Evil" were so awesome, how could you not laugh at those?

Rath709:
Google Image Search failed to turn up an adequate result for "Stop Wasting Bandwidth" that I could boilerplate to these movies.

That was harsh.

I thought this one was funny. This is with out a doubt a good video series.

CanadianWolverine:
Er, did anyone else notice that the lady meant to make the game 'politically correct' was *ahem* wearing a really low cut top?

& there's a tag on this video for "tits".

Love it.

"It wouldn't happen ... they have warp drives."

Yeah... Nicely done, guys. No real moments that elicited explosive laughter, but you had me chuckling throughout (especially at the boss).

I really enjoyed that. I think you pretty much nailed the deadpan "the office" type humour.

inspired me to dig out and watch the rest of them...

whistleduck:

CanadianWolverine:
Er, did anyone else notice that the lady meant to make the game 'politically correct' was *ahem* wearing a really low cut top?

& there's a tag on this video for "tits".

I thought it was irony, but they never metioned it. However the tags do not lie, or at least not often.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here