de-rez: The Truth About 3D Realms

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

impressed, at best i've smiled at your previous work, i laughed through a lot of that, very good use of the office style, shame it was probably accurate to the actual nukem design team

It really captured the "behind-the-scenes" vibe well. Keep them coming. These are getting better and better.

These are always awesome. Great job. And yes, Holly is rediculously hot.

CanadianWolverine:
Er, did anyone else notice that the lady meant to make the game 'politically correct' was *ahem* wearing a really low cut top? Resist ... urge ... to whistle and press use key to offer a bill to shake that booty... ;)

Now, shall we tell them about Sarah or not?

lol at " If this game gets released in my life time XD "

The Coffee table scene was fantasic XD ad probelly very close to home XD. Really nice work keep them coming :P

Just wanted to say, Good Job.

Keep 'em coming.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Now, shall we tell them about Sarah or not?

okay, i would just like to say that i can personally guarantee that those breasts are 100% real, homegrown goodness, but can we please leave it there before this thread becomes a debate about breasts and not a discussion about the great film that precedes it.

because as great as boobs really are, there's a time & a place people!

Let's check my "What I want in a video list"
*ahem*

Balanced sound levels... check
"LAUGH AT ME" Sword sheathed... Check
Creativity... Check
Chris Slack back on form.... Check
Laughter.... check x 3

Well done!!
Just keep it at this standard and I'll buy the T-Shirt
(Nice hair btw Chris)

It was average at best.

Okay...seriously? It took me at least a minute to figure out that that was intended to be funny.

Too slow is as best as I can sum it up right now. The jokes aren't too bad, but the buildup to them is too damn long and slow and boring.

The jokes themselves come across as rather shallow and dumb, actually...

CanadianWolverine:
Er, did anyone else notice that the lady meant to make the game 'politically correct' was *ahem* wearing a really low cut top?

I was wondering whether that was intentional or not, because it was far from the over the top smexyness I would have expected from such a joke.

Enter rants about me not wanting to have sex with this video and thus not being entitled to comment in the first place!
It's only criticism, ffs.

Zekko5:
Okay...seriously? It took me at least a minute to figure out that that was intended to be funny.

Too slow is as best as I can sum it up right now. The jokes aren't too bad, but the buildup to them is too damn long and slow and boring.

The jokes themselves come across as rather shallow and dumb, actually...

CanadianWolverine:
Er, did anyone else notice that the lady meant to make the game 'politically correct' was *ahem* wearing a really low cut top?

I was wondering whether that was intentional or not, because it was far from the over the top smexyness I would have expected from such a joke.

Enter rants about me not wanting to have sex with this video and thus not being entitled to comment in the first place!
It's only criticism, ffs.

It's deadpan humor. It's funny because of what they say combined with them acting serious and not silly, like in the Hitman episode.

Edit: I'm just saying that this humor is not for everyone, so I can empathize with you, even if I found it funny.

Not hilarious but put a big smile on my face. Another good de-rez.

Mauller:
And yes, Holly is rediculously hot.

i concur.

Hehe, nice one guys. The deadpan Office style of humor isn't my favorite style, but it was rather good, IMO. Keep it up, fellow Englishmen!

The Reverend:
Hehe, nice one guys. The deadpan Office style of humor isn't my favorite style, but it was rather good, IMO. Keep it up, fellow Englishmen!

sorry to dissapoint my friend but we are all irish apart from holly,
cheers for the comment, keep watching

phil-rez:

The Reverend:

Heh, you guys don't sound Irish. Then again David Tenant sounds English in Dr. Who. I'll say "British Isle-landers" then. Though thats a bit of a mouthful.. Guys. Yeh, that'll do.

The Reverend:

phil-rez:

The Reverend:

Heh, you guys don't sound Irish. Then again David Tenant sounds English in Dr. Who. I'll say "British Isle-landers" then. Though thats a bit of a mouthful.. Guys. Yeh, that'll do.

don't think holly will take too kindly to the "guys" bit...hehe you can never win!

Quick hint to the De-Rez team:

Next week : Behind the Scenes at Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

:)

thebobmaster:

It's deadpan humor. It's funny because of what they say combined with them acting serious and not silly, like in the Hitman episode.

Edit: I'm just saying that this humor is not for everyone, so I can empathize with you, even if I found it funny.

Good point, now that I think about it I've never enjoyed this kind of humor which seems to laugh at people's stupid where all I could do was sigh or feel ashamed of the poor bastards or both.

whistleduck:

The Reverend:

phil-rez:

The Reverend:

don't think holly will take too kindly to the "guys" bit...hehe you can never win!

Don't think the Irish guys will take too kindly to being called English either :)

I liked it when he made the resident evil vid, but this one was a little bleak.

Are we searching for adult buisness humor or is it the fact this vid was funny and therfore in the next 10 possible minutes I shall attempt to love my dull boring buisness and attempt to have boring sex with a dull british civilian.

easy...easy...easy...easy...ea-sy....easy....easy.es-...s....y....there we go.

I think the story is that most people try to show their jobs as wonderful in order to hide the dreadful tedium of having to work.

And you keep the boring civvies, we're enjoying the wild ones. :)

Excellent! The Office's influence is strong, but given the context of 3D Realms's legendary vapourware status , it suits the vid perfectly. The deadpan humour is hilarious and the overall feature worked well! The pseudo-documentary style worked well previously in the searching for Gordan Freeman thing, so maybe (though this is tentative - the Resident Evil riff was by far the best IMO) this mockumentary style is your ticket to stardom, whores, and REAL ULTIMATE POWER.

I'm sorry, but this was slow and not very well paced at all. I know Duke Nukem Forever is hilarious enough by itself, but your video made it dull. There were no funny lines - it was like listening to people discuss boxes or something.

You need to actually have some comedy - this isn't funny. Mock documentaries and such is funny if pulled off well, but it's not one of your strengths.

I almost stopped watching this video until tits saved it. If every de-rez from this point on starred this Holly girl it might actually be worth watching.

I think some people seem to be totally missing the humour on this but i really enjoyed it, Kudos

I'm not a huge fan of the office, and while the humor in this closely parallels the same deadpan style I still found it quite funny. People that don't find this funny at all or think that it's slow might be better off watching something like people throwing pies... Excellent work, I think this is my favorite of what you've produced so far. I'm glad that I kept watching after the lackluster first episode, you've only moved up.

the humour was exactly like the office.
those people who say this isnt good, its beyond me.
Chris Slack is actually a fantastic actor.
and are these guys all english? cos i swear sometimes they sound english, sometimes american. its crazy

cepussinboots:
and are these guys all english? cos i swear sometimes they sound english, sometimes american. its crazy

the two guys are from northern ireland, although that's mostly slack's own accent. & yeah, it sounds a bit american to me too! but the best episode to hear their normal accents on is 'clan excelsior'.

Daniel the Level Designer reminds me of Frankie Boyle.

Haha, nice one guys.
"I'd be supprised if it was finished... in my lifetime."

Anyone who complains about this being slow paced has really missed the point...or maybe has never actually seen 'The Office'

now see if all d rez episodes were as good as this they could be as big as yahtzee but for me not enough of em are tht funny. this gordon freeman and news, best 3 episodes ever!

no funny lines!!!, get ur head straight man, dukem nukem, its funny cus he dosent even know the game title, shall i explain further or has the point been 'got' yet

The half-a-stache is pretty funny.

"I would be supirsed if i saw it in my lifetime"

Well now you wont, 3d realms just went bust :)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here