Zero Punctuation: God of War: Chains of Olympus

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

God of War: Chains of Olympus

This week on Zero Punctuation, God of War: Chains of Olympus.

Watch Video

First comment!

That aside, I played the game and I wasn't really impressed. I really think the PSP suffers without that second analog nub. I use mine for a few games here and there, but mostly for the PS3 compatibility. I really don't think this game is worth it when there's games like Patapon and LocoRoco out there.

SEcond!

Nice review, I love that game!!

It was hilarious. LOL'd all over myself.

Great review Yahtzee

as always amazing and GOW is a great game but there is one thing he did not say which was it is a short game 4-5 hrs long

Should I be worried now if my girlfriend likes these reviews?

gr8 as ever Yahtzee

GOW is easily the best game ever for relieving tension!

Ah, the good old "Fuck You" button. Every game has one. My personal favorite is R3 for the PS3 in COD4 multiplayer. Especially if you manage to sneak up behind the same fucking bastard sniper who blew your brains out five straight times.

Anyway, great review Yahtzee. Keep on rollin'.

awesome review, god of war does have a nice combat system and swinging your swords around to chop of evil soldierheads is really satisfying

G0DF4TH3R:
as always amazing and GOW is a great game but there is one thing he did not say which was it is a short game 4-5 hrs long

he mentions "if you think God Of War needed to be 4 or 5 hours longer...."

I managed to tear myself away from GTA IV long enought to watch it! Thanks for another 4 minutes of bliss.

Another fine job from Yahtzee, and no doubt the SSBB thread madness will spread here with the 'Brawl is still shit' comment at the end.

Signed certificate, I love that!

Loved the They Live reference.

Nice work, yet again.

G0DF4TH3R:

He did, not in a literal sentence just "If you thought God Of War should have been 4-5 hours longer then go for it"

Never played any of the series, i've kind of left my PS2 in a cupboard somewhere since I've had my 360, wouldn't mind checking them out though.

Instant genious, lovely work. :P

I love these reviews, i want to get Gow now tho :P

Jade-Scale:
First comment!

That aside, I played the game and I wasn't really impressed. I really think the PSP suffers without that second analog nub. I use mine for a few games here and there, but mostly for the PS3 compatibility. I really don't think this game is worth it when there's games like Patapon and LocoRoco out there.

How the hell did you see that much of the video and type out your comment in the same minute as the video came out, genuis :D

Nice one indeed.. too bad I don't have a PSP.

Jade-Scale:
First comment!

Death over this first-poster.

Ph0X2:
SEcond!

Nice review, I love that game!!

It was hilarious. LOL'd all over myself.

And over this second-poster.

After what I didn't think was too stellar of a review last week (And not because I'm a Brawl fanboy, shove off all nuts already up in arms and ready to scream "Nintendrone!" at the top of your lungs.) it's great to watch one of these and laugh considerably again, and not only that, want to watch it again because there's some good laughs buried in there that I didn't see the first time. So, nice return to form this week.

The review was interesting, although I didn't notice any special pros/cons about the game from it.

My feelings exactly about PSP games, it seems pointless releasing action games requiring the analogue nub on it. For example - Ratchet and Clank:Size Matters wasn't a bad game, but on the PSP I found it so uncomfortable to play I traded it in almost immediately.

I laughed again. I didn't expect this game to be reviewed though.

And yeah, all girlfriends want to fuck you. You just fueled my paranoia.

YES !!!! A GoW review ! Well, Yahtzee said just what I could expect him to say for a GoW game and I agree.

I always understood the PSP to be pointless generally but that may be unfair...

Eventually, people will realise that posting "first comment" after less than a minute of the thread opening will get you banned... but until that day.

Doug:
Another fine job from Yahtzee, and no doubt the SSBB thread madness will spread here with the 'Brawl is still shit' comment at the end.

Probably, I didn't even bother looking at that thread, I just watched the comment number shoot up every time I clicked refresh. It was worrying.

Great review though, it's always a good game for letting out frustration. It just doesn't really appeal to me that much. I played my housemate's copy of the first one and liked it but not enough to buy the sequel. I prefered POP.

The review was good, but I wasn't really that into God of War games anyway.

And then, This Just In...and I was wetting myself with laughter.

I have to say that I love this review, not that I don't love every review.
Though it seems that our friend, Yahtzee, is getting more and more sexual with each and every review he makes.
Yahtzee! Get yourself a girl, mate!
Or a guy..
I can't really conclude that you're straight, considering almost every review has some sort of homosexual reference.

Oh! And just to add to all of this, I'm a girl who's favourite game is God of War AND I've watched every one of your reviews. So there! You and your assumption that girls don't get the pleasure from ripping eyes out, breaking necks, etc.

And I half expected you to bring up the sex scene near the very beginning of the game. Pft! You're starting to lose your touch! Commenting less and less on the game.

The one part is definately true though...
... The girls who watch it want in your pants!

GoW, one of the few games to pull off QTE's well, eh Yahtzee?

Doug:
...no doubt the SSBB thread madness will spread here with the 'Brawl is still shit' comment at the end.

Signed certificate, I love that!

Same here mate. Bang on.

Brilliant Review As Always.

You should have left your number, Yahtzee. Thousands of secretly-pining girlfriends just thought you acknowledged them. Your women troubles would be over!

Jokes aside, I didn't like the review much at first but the second time it was funny. Good one as always.

Thank you for the review Yahtzee. I also hate the tiny analog stick and it always filling up with that stuff that i can only guess to be dead skin in mear secs of using it showing how dirty the human thumb get's even when you take a bath daily O.o

Top score! Great review! I totally agree with the instant kill button.

...OK, Yahtzee has average, funny, hilarious and epic reviews but this one was GOLD.

Maybe it's because I'm the proud owner of God of War: Chain of Olympus and all he said in a most hilarious way is true, but I laughed with such intensity XD

"... is the combat that is satisfying to the point of eroticism."

And yes, please, if anyone hasn't tried out GoW yet, ask a friend, borrow it, buy it cheaply, whatever, give it a try!

It's bloody-riffic!

And again, beautiful review!

What? No complaining about QTEs? Anyways, excellent review as always. What remains to be seen is if all the Nintendo fanboys will come here and complain about Yahtzee liking a PSP game better than their beloved holy grail SSBB.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here