Kung Fu Grip: GTA IV: Rejected Niko Auditions

Pages 1 2 NEXT

GTA IV: Rejected Niko Auditions

Kung Fu Grip has discovered the lost audition tapes for GTA IV's Niko.

Well that was a boatload of not good

What the?

I don't mean to come across as rude, but that was...below the normal standard of videos on the Escapist.

I call QUALITY CONTROL.

First boring, then stupid, like something I would be able to make. Just unacceptable!

I remember thinking of doing like this; I mean, a really good idea! Filming action figures in funny situations!

Yeah, 1991 was a good year.

Edit: Rant time!

I don't get it, guys. I mean, we have such a strong community, working together, putting on games for one another and coming up with damn damn excellent content, yet you choose to feature a Robot Chicken clone on your front page? It makes it even more ridiculous that you actually paid for this sort of thing! I apologise and I know that The Escapist is still a business and website like any other, trying to attract new audiences and whatever else, but really!

Meh...

Someone else called for quality control, and I'm going to have to second that

Well, I guess the only way to get a grip on what kinds of web shows will work for people is to keep experimenting. I think the writers might be shooting for a much, much younger demographic than the one that hangs out here.

There's some great Machinima floating around by a guy called Ross Scott. He does Civil Protection and Freeman's Mind, you can find it on Youtube. Really, really brilliant stuff. Just saying in case ya'll are talent hunting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoaIZKTBXIM

I think the crime in all this is that somebody out there actually owns a neo action figure.

I liked it and hated it, it was the little jokes that really got me, like "harry potter: the one that survived" - and, the pocahontas thing was just funny because I wasn't really expecting it, but I like the way Melaisis put it, it's a bad version of robot chicken. I know it made fun of stupid references (Arnold, Miagi) but, I couldn't help but feel that the whole thing was a stupid reference right around the Nikolai segment.

Logie--bear:
Well that was a boatload of not good

Let's not do that again, shall we?

3 minutes of my life, wasted :(

Not good, no more please.

Eh, I wouldn't go so far as to call it outright bad, but there are already about 5 bajillion videos out there that are like this, and alot of them are much better. It's like starting another Halo 3 thread, even if you bring up a good point, no good will come of it.

Really guys? I thought it was pretty good. Anything that finishes with rogue master chiefs killing everybody is gold in my book.

Melaisis:
yet you choose to feature a Robot Chicken clone on your front page?

The Adam and Joe show did it way before Robot Chicken; but still, this is smile-worthy at best.

I find this better than the Drawn by Pain thing

HAHA, I loved it. It really made me smile and laugh after such a bad day. I've missed your fine asses.

Part of me was hoping to see the fat guy from Lost, though.

Somehow, I think someone is going to Rule #34 that and the world will be destroyed forever...

Radelaide:
Somehow, I think someone is going to Rule #34 that and the world will be destroyed forever...

Chances are it's already been done... I'm afraid to check.

Well that's just awesome. I kinda like living. Oh well. Everyone, assume the foetal position.

I don't see why so many people thought it was terrible. I thought it was pretty good. It may not be the same qaulity as Zero Punctuation or De-rez, but it was still good.

See, our standards are high. Stuff like that makes us cry

Even if I had low standards I would cringe at this

Hey, I thought it was funny. In a "Marvel vs. DC" kinda way. I am just amazed by the comedic potential of plastic dolls, I guess.

the last 15seconds with the halo figures was finda amusing...but doesnt make up for the 3minutes of tired, tedious & juvenile attempts at gags that went before them. Edit: removed the blanket dismissal & replaced with a "one more chance" comment

yeah but i was also throughly unimpressed by the first D-rez and now they are getting really good, give these guys a chance too and see how they develop.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Melaisis:
yet you choose to feature a Robot Chicken clone on your front page?

The Adam and Joe show did it way before Robot Chicken; but still, this is smile-worthy at best.

Indeed, but I liked The Adam and Joe Show.

One of the reasons I'm so proud of The Escapist, is that it doesn't have an easy audience. It forces all of our content to grow, mature and improve. That's a very, very healthy, and very very rare dynamic on the web today. As constructive ( <-- Important part) feedback hits the boards, it has a positive effect on the people who work hard on these videos. De-Rez has gotten much better. More poignant points, jokes that hit the mark, better cuts and dialogue. Even ZP has improved a lot since episode one.

We're really stoked to see more stuff from the Kung-Fu Grip guys. They're hilarious, and as they tune into our audience (you guys), and as you guys provide good, constructive feedback you'll see it align more with your expectations.

I predict hilarious times ahead.

djapp:
Really guys? I thought it was pretty good. Anything that finishes with rogue master chiefs killing everybody is gold in my book.

Wow, troll much?

Drong:
yeah but i was also throughly unimpressed by the first D-rez and now they are getting really good, give these guys a chance too and see how they develop.

The key difference is that while the De-Rez wasn't great it at least made me chuckle once or twice. This didn't even make me smile, it was just plain bad. Please don't post more of this, this one I'm not willing to give a second try to.

It's quite strange seeing this on the board when there are far better shows that are more relevant to the Escapist : Street Fighter-The Later Years, Ask a Ninja, Yu-gi-oh: The Abridged Series etc.

immortal88:

The key difference is that while the De-Rez wasn't great it at least made me chuckle once or twice. This didn't even make me smile, it was just plain bad.

I have to agree. The whole "I'll waggle an action figure onscreen while telling lame jokes" thing was horrible.

Good on you for trying something different, but don't quit your day job. And if this is your day job, then...

Am I the only one who liked it?

Landslide:
One of the reasons I'm so proud of The Escapist, is that it doesn't have an easy audience. It forces all of our content to grow, mature and improve. That's a very, very healthy, and very very rare dynamic on the web today. As constructive ( <-- Important part) feedback hits the boards, it has a positive effect on the people who work hard on these videos. De-Rez has gotten much better. More poignant points, jokes that hit the mark, better cuts and dialogue. Even ZP has improved a lot since episode one.

We're really stoked to see more stuff from the Kung-Fu Grip guys. They're hilarious, and as they tune into our audience (you guys), and as you guys provide good, constructive feedback you'll see it align more with your expectations.

I predict hilarious times ahead.

I guess they might become alot better in the future. One of the problems with this episode might be that they had no introduction: I just went onto the site and saw a new video of sorts, without having any idea of what it was I watched it and was rather dissapointed.

Try to not use dolls next time I guess and make clearer jokes.

Cosine:
I find this better than the Drawn by Pain thing

You fail.
This and Drawn by Pain are two completely different kinds of genres. Sorry but I tire of that kind of argument.

On topic This needs to be taken off of the escapist and thrown into a very large pit of burning acid and maybe throw a couple of killer sharks in there for good measure.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here