Videogame Theater: Pac-Man: The Insatiable Hunger

Pages PREV 1 2

I thought it was enjoyable. I just have a few suggestions.

Pac-man wore a shirt, Ms.Pac-man wore an apron, and Jr. Pac-man wore nothing. I just found it weird. Sort of a Donald Duck syndrome going on.

And in the title screen, I think the pictures should either be touched up or re-shot.

If you look at the puppets, you see that some are lighter than the rest (from a camera flash). I am just really nitpicky about stuff like that. And brown just doesn't seem right for a console color, but that is just a personal opinion. I wouldn't be upset if you left it as is.

Here. I did a quick Photoshop of it.

i dunno, laughter does that to people!

btw i just realised how negative that comment was. soz!

CanadianWolverine:
You know what would have made a good close to this? That one screen we used to see on arcade machines that proclaimed "Don't Use Drugs" or whatever.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/Winners_Dont_Use_Drugs.png

Forgot to say - this is a GREAT idea! Seeing that screengrab really brought me back...

And Redfield -- love what you did. Thanks for getting involved!

VGT Scott Chernoff:

CanadianWolverine:
You know what would have made a good close to this? That one screen we used to see on arcade machines that proclaimed "Don't Use Drugs" or whatever.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/Winners_Dont_Use_Drugs.png

Forgot to say - this is a GREAT idea! Seeing that screengrab really brought me back...

That was from Bad Dudes wasn't it?

not funny, promising in the beginning but kinda failed to do anything good with it. Lets see pacman rly beat the shit out of ms packman pull some cheap laugh like "beating you're wife? you yellow son of a b**ch".

I watched it all the way through, I quite liked it visually, but the writing made me bite my knuckles. If there are new episodes currently being planned or written, then I beg the writers to get hold of a DVD of the British series 'The Day Today' (news), its sequel - Brass Eye (documentaries) or even its radio precursor 'On The Hour' for a masterclass on how this type of stuff should be written.

Within 10 seconds of the video proper starting and the first line of 'Get me another beer woman...' I could see what was coming. Not just a faint outline of it either, I could have stopped there and described each scene (although possibly not in sequence)

Maybe at the end it was a toss up between a prison sentence or a fatal overdose, but either way, I'm not in love.

I'll watch the second one because I understand how much effort goes into getting something like this together into a finished form, and how soul destroying heavy criticism can be.

However, I really mean it about the writing.

VGT Scott Chernoff:
And Redfield -- love what you did. Thanks for getting involved!

Anytime.

Also, when watching the sequence when Pac-man is running straight at the camera, it just seems that his running looks awkward (if he is supposed to be running, which I assume he is).

Maybe it's just an excersise in suck?

it was bad. end of story

Oh, you guys. You'll come around!

Its better then most the crap on screwattack.

Dreary and forgettable: this failed at humor, but not as drastically as Kung Fu Grip. I might even watch the second one. However, at this point the reasoning behind that parallels the decision making behind having sex with an ugly chick (pity lay).

Considering that i'm twelve years old and an avid escapist video watcher, in comparison to ZP and Urealms this new submission isn't quite as good. Although I've come to expect the best from escapist, that's what I got in this new video. Not quite as good as ZP or URs but it still entertained me. Keep up the good work! Glad to see a new artist get paid and noticed.

It was ok, but for the next video, don't have a character randomly shouting "I'm queer".

VGT Scott Chernoff:
Oh, you guys. You'll come around!

Hey, it grabbed my attention.

Dunno what everyones getting so worked up about, honestly I saw a mixture of Robot Chicken and Family guy in there and they are both shows I love. Considering this is the first episode and it usually takes a couple of episodes to get on your feet I am really looking foward to seeing the others. I guess in other peoples eyes you are living in the shadow of Yahtzee... Because your work is similar... *sigh* Anyway, good luck with the reception here.

Oh, and I do hope you have come prepaired for these harsh quality control jokes.

I'm sorry, this just wasn't very funny

Crap_haT:
Dunno what everyones getting so worked up about, honestly I saw a mixture of Robot Chicken and Family guy in there and they are both shows I love. Considering this is the first episode and it usually takes a couple of episodes to get on your feet I am really looking foward to seeing the others. I guess in other peoples eyes you are living in the shadow of Yahtzee... Because your work is similar... *sigh* Anyway, good luck with the reception here.

Oh, and I do hope you have come prepaired for these harsh quality control jokes.

Thanks and don't worry - I know that the comments here represent a very tiny fraction of the thousands of people watching VGT and liking it. We have seen live audiences react to the show, and we've seen its reception across the internets and around the world, so we have a lot of positive reinforcement.

More importantly, I love it and it makes me laugh -- if that wasn't the case, I wouldn't be posting here, let alone reading. So as long as I've made something of which I'm proud, then I'm satisfied - and it would take a lot more than a handful of anonymous message board cranks to change that. I know how good the show is and I know that if it makes me laugh, there are many more who are laughing too. They just didn't post in this thread, for the most part! Believe me, the quality is completely under control - I'm super proud of this episode and the new ones to come.

Just one week 'til episode #2!!!

Erm... It wasn't really that bad. The puppets were well made I guess, but the script was just... humourless and drawn-out. I must say its better than that Kung Fu Grip thing, but still not suitable for the Escapist if you ask me.

i thought that it was great, sure the pac-man does drugs thing has been done but its still great looking forward to the next uploads... I consider this a twisted Sesame Street

VGT Scott Chernoff:

Crap_haT:

Thanks and don't worry - I know that the comments here represent a very tiny fraction of the thousands of people watching VGT and liking it. We have seen live audiences react to the show, and we've seen its reception across the internets and around the world, so we have a lot of positive reinforcement.

More importantly, I love it and it makes me laugh -- if that wasn't the case, I wouldn't be posting here, let alone reading. So as long as I've made something of which I'm proud, then I'm satisfied - and it would take a lot more than a handful of anonymous message board cranks to change that. I know how good the show is and I know that if it makes me laugh, there are many more who are laughing too. They just didn't post in this thread, for the most part! Believe me, the quality is completely under control - I'm super proud of this episode and the new ones to come.

Just one week 'til episode #2!!!

Wow you were proven wrong. You should see episode 2. EPIC FAIL. You should tell the People that like it to log on and defend you a little because you are just going to get more upset if you try to keep up this kind of quality.

I don't know why, but that scene with Pac-Man injecting drugs into his blocky yellow limbs amused me quite a bit.

It reminded me of a comic someone did where Speed Racer was literally turned into a racer doing speed.

I am so messed up.

DGKT93:
a part of me just died!

that part was weak now you are stronger

I always thought Pac-Man's need to eat lots of pills had a sinister connotation. This episode was a good one.

goseman:
I always thought Pac-Man's need to eat lots of pills had a sinister connotation. This episode was a good one.

The only sinister connotation here is that someone actually liked this episode. I guess there's no accounting for taste.

Please tell me we haven't had to actually ban Jack Thompson 7788 times before. Please tell me that's just somebody pretending to be Jack Thompson.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here