Drawn By Pain: Episode Three

Episode Three

Part 3 of 12: The well gets deeper as we find out more about Emily's take on all things normal and watch as she soon discovers that she is not entirely alone.

Watch Video

Much better than the last, this time she seems to have some sort of reason and motive for killing someone, last time she just prevoked it.

Still i must be picky but whats with the whole "Punk Casual" look about her, one minute she looks normal the next minute shes a hard ass rocker chick, whats all that about?

Overall good job, the story is beggining to unravel and that guy on the bench seems cool, Great Job!

I Agree it does look better than the last one. I think I saw a Vampire in the subway scene but maybe not.Oh well, I Guess I Can only wish. well it seems like she IS going to have to slap a bitch. Wayne Brady?

Have you shortened the opening titles? They just seem a lot... less this time around. Maybe its only because I really was looking forward to watching this one. It didn't disappoint, either; the animation is top-notch as usual, and (as others have said) the story is actually moving in a more feasible and intriguing direction now. For instance, its pretty obvious the protagonist is at threat from whatever... er... she sees, and thus proves for something more depthy than 'sadist girls gone wild', a la episode two.

Loved it...keep it up!

Please don't let this fall into a pattern,

Chick finds abused person

Chick beats the living shit out of husband

Chick has emotional breakthrough.

I really hope this doesn't happen. Other then that great episode When she told off the wife it made me woop.

Much better then the first two, her narration in the begening felt natural and the subway part was really cool. The animations are also getting better along with most of the acting. But the scene with the park bench felt really wierd and akward, maybe it was supposed to be that way but it just felt that the guy was reading lines from a script; not convincing at all.

Looking forward to more!

I also like this one the most. Keep up the good work;P
One thing I would like to mention though: the sound of their voices is sometimes a little strange (like when she is talking with the man on the bench). It becomes apparent that the voice is recorded in a studio or something.

Her powers are evolving, now she can project drawn self beyond her body as seen by the choke, probably brought on by seeing the other "physic artist" projection on the subway.

I predict the man on the bench is possessing some mental abilities too, perhaps he sensed that she could 'draw' and is in turn drawing her out. Is he the subway manifestation? Or just someone who knows about artists?

Also, it may not be safe to assume what was seen on the subway was in fact another artist's projection, it could be her own guilt coming back to haunt her for killing other people.

With this episode, I am drawing my own conclusion that she is in fact a psychopath, with few redeeming qualities, she is turning into an even bigger monster than the father figure she gave a heart attack.

can other people see the anime characters? also if someone is atacked by an anime character do they actually get physicly harmed? i.e delimbed.
btw really liked this episoode

Flangle:
Much better than the last, this time she seems to have some sort of reason and motive for killing someone, last time she just prevoked it.

Overall good job, the story is beggining to unravel and that guy on the bench seems cool, Great Job!

Thanks dood! You will see over a number of episodes (I hope) a definite structure to why she does what she does as the pieces begin to unravel. Much of the first half of the series is about control and lack of it :)

Dante_Alucard:
I Agree it does look better than the last one. I think I saw a Vampire in the subway scene but maybe not.Oh well, I Guess I Can only wish. well it seems like she IS going to have to slap a bitch. Wayne Brady?

LOL! Vampires for the win :P

Melaisis:
Have you shortened the opening titles? They just seem a lot... less this time around. Maybe its only because I really was looking forward to watching this one. It didn't disappoint, either; the animation is top-notch as usual, and (as others have said) the story is actually moving in a more feasible and intriguing direction now. For instance, its pretty obvious the protagonist is at threat from whatever... er... she sees, and thus proves for something more depthy than 'sadist girls gone wild', a la episode two.

Didn't shorten them :) The 'sadist girls gone wild' theme in episode two is a little bit of a rouse and the true story is more about control or lack there of. Glad you are digging it!

-Jes

Spinwhiz:
Loved it...keep it up!

Thx dood!

sammyfreak:
Much better then the first two, her narration in the begening felt natural and the subway part was really cool. The animations are also getting better along with most of the acting. But the scene with the park bench felt really wierd and akward, maybe it was supposed to be that way but it just felt that the guy was reading lines from a script; not convincing at all.

Looking forward to more!

Thx much- the bench scene is supposed to be awkward as she is not the most social person in the world (as per her childhood would dictate) and breaking down that wall is a tough go :)

-Jes

Gormers1:
I also like this one the most. Keep up the good work;P
One thing I would like to mention though: the sound of their voices is sometimes a little strange (like when she is talking with the man on the bench). It becomes apparent that the voice is recorded in a studio or something.

Thx Gor!

CanadianWolverine:
Her powers are evolving, now she can project drawn self beyond her body as seen by the choke, probably brought on by seeing the other "physic artist" projection on the subway.

Much will be answered as the series progresses - to answer your thoughts completly would be spoiler city! Glad you are enjoying it thus far :)

-Jes

DGKT93:
can other people see the anime characters? also if someone is atacked by an anime character do they actually get physicly harmed? i.e delimbed.
btw really liked this episoode

They do not get physically harmed. It's much like Matrix rules - if you believe the limb to be gone - then your mind makes the injury real to you.

Thx much - I think episode 4 is one of my favs and look forward to your thoughts on it :)

-Jes

thought it might of been something like that. looking forward to the next episode! :)

drawnbypain:

sammyfreak:

Looking forward to more!

Thx much- the bench scene is supposed to be awkward as she is not the most social person in the world (as per her childhood would dictate) and breaking down that wall is a tough go :)

-Jes

I understood that it was supposed to be awkward. But it didn't feel awkward, it felt unconvincing. Use body language instead of dialgue to imply awkwardness.

No don't change anything - you know what you're doing. This episode was fantastic!

First four minutes : Oooh...characterisation, interaction. Then...

I AM BITCH!

Seriously, Emily is not making friends here.

It seems alot more interesting now, Im looking foward to the next episode, keep up the good work

Cool new power, Astral Projection Strangle, good episode... I like how hallow the world seams, oh yeah, the animation was realy good! Can't wait for the next one!

Hmm gave up on it 6 minutes in, the acting and animation seems to have taken a turn for the worse. The whole concept is lost on me to be honest. And I still don't see the relevance of DBP being on a GAMING magazine website!

Great Work :D

Whats the song played and she beats the crap out of that guy

Ah, the plot thickens. Now she has a motive as a liberator and isn't just some psychic psociopath. I do so very much love this series.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here