Drawn By Pain: Episode Four

Episode Four

Part 4 of 12: Back against the wall, Emily Waters destroys all in her path. She is on a mission. She is only that mission.

What a great episode! It's really starting to come together a lot. The emotions and feelings are starting to get a lot better and the acting is improving too, I could really see it a lot in this episode in particular.

What is the music that is playing during the fight in the woods? It sounds really familiar and is bothering me that I can't figure out who it is. :P

So far to me it goes 3,4,2,and 1 (tie for 2nd and 3rd). I liked but i think the charcter gave more information in three than four. I mean I like girl on girl violence more I guess also. It would be cool if she slept in a coffin too. Oh well I guess you kind of saw the vampire comment coming from me huh. Hey wouldn't mind a werewolf. Guess I could watch a really old horror movie to get a fix. Anyway I like all the charcters. The guy on the bench is starting to make wonder which way good or evil he will go.

I like Benchguy. I can sympathize with him wanting a more peaceful existence.

Yeah for a stalker

Near the end there, I kinda feel like the Bench Guy should have said "You say more than you think or rather, you think more than you say."

Still, I still feel drawn towards the conclusion she is a psychopath despite her tendencies to be drawn to danger. What would a crime scene investigator make of those five bodies in the forest?

Is the timber wolf her doing or someone else's? Just how much of a head case is she?

All these questions are rhetorical, will attempt to patiently await more answers, like I do with Heroes, unlike my frustration with Lost :)

this is great i discovered it a week ago and now I'm really DRAWN into the series.wink
alright bad pun

animation:5/5
story:5/5
Characters:5/5

The series is really picking up.

The series, I think, has always suffered from too much melodrama, but now its really picking up.

I can't wait to see the next one.

Teleios:
What a great episode! It's really starting to come together a lot. The emotions and feelings are starting to get a lot better and the acting is improving too, I could really see it a lot in this episode in particular.

What is the music that is playing during the fight in the woods? It sounds really familiar and is bothering me that I can't figure out who it is. :P

Thx man! Really glad you enjoyed it - is one of my favs as well.

The music for scene was done by Nico-Audy Rowland of RedvsBlue fame.

-Jes :)

Dante_Alucard:
So far to me it goes 3,4,2,and 1 (tie for 2nd and 3rd). I liked but i think the charcter gave more information in three than four. I mean I like girl on girl violence more I guess also. It would be cool if she slept in a coffin too. Oh well I guess you kind of saw the vampire comment coming from me huh. Hey wouldn't mind a werewolf. Guess I could watch a really old horror movie to get a fix. Anyway I like all the charcters. The guy on the bench is starting to make wonder which way good or evil he will go.

At least there was a wolf! :P

As for character development - it really spans over the 12 episodes. Some will have more than others, but all will build to the end (at least I hope so!)

Thx for the thoughts as always :)

-Jes

mongoose42:
I like Benchguy. I can sympathize with him wanting a more peaceful existence.

Douglas, the bench guy is also one of my favorites for what he represents. Guy Rader who plays the part reads these posts - so I'm sure he'll be glad to read that your digging his character so far.

CanadianWolverine:
Near the end there, I kinda feel like the Bench Guy should have said "You say more than you think or rather, you think more than you say."

Still, I still feel drawn towards the conclusion she is a psychopath despite her tendencies to be drawn to danger. What would a crime scene investigator make of those five bodies in the forest?

Is the timber wolf her doing or someone else's? Just how much of a head case is she
All these questions are rhetorical, will attempt to patiently await more answers, like I do with Heroes, unlike my frustration with Lost :)

I hope they all get answered (most of them do for sure) but can tell you...

*SPOILER POLICE* GOT TO GO!

Garetex:
this is great i discovered it a week ago and now I'm really DRAWN into the series.wink
alright bad pun

animation:5/5
story:5/5
Characters:5/5

Thx Garetex! Really glad to hear :)

-Jes

Gahars:
The series is really picking up.

The series, I think, has always suffered from too much melodrama, but now its really picking up.

I can't wait to see the next one.

Thx Gahars! Looking forward to your thoughts.

-Jes

I'm digging the series, though some dialog this episode seemed to have been covered in some cheese. (It's amazing what a broken heart will do to you).
</cheeseburger>

Hrrm... part one made me think, finally some empathy from Emily, but then it turned into "ALL ARE EVIL AND I AM BITCH" once again...yawn..

Then part three, there is life in her after all. At last.

Seriously though, why didn't she pop sword when approaching these guys? A side fist from one of those guys would have dislocated her jaw. (Speaking from experience)

For one of my tortured analogies, it's like someone coming up to you at a party and saying "RRARGH, LOOK HOW I JUGGLE GRAPEFRUIT!". Even if they're brilliant, you still are gonna back off saying "o..k...".

What's Emily's story?

nothing short of awesome!

hey whats the song at begining

"EDIT"
i mean intro music

I've been watching your series from the beginning, and it's very cool. I love the mix of animation and live action. This was definately the best one of the series so far. Looking forward to watching the rest!

Hello, sooo, Im really liking it, yet I can only watch it in the right mood. (as anything I suppose, its not very lite reading). I reitterate, I really like it. So far, concept is here, cross overs from realms of mind and spirit are now forces in our quaint world of light. The emotional ditress thing isnt whats keeping me hanging here. Im looking for the connections of the Drawings and the the 'real' world.

To make the real world believable an inkling of reason needs to be present, and a consistant one for all situations. For example, fight club, In the end its all the same guy, but till the end the evidence of that although is right there, is so very subtle.

Im crossin my fingers here, Whats the connection. Bodys lying around, an almost Vigilantee protagonist on the rise.

Looking forward to more!!

Jackpot:
I'm digging the series, though some dialog this episode seemed to have been covered in some cheese. (It's amazing what a broken heart will do to you).
</cheeseburger>

Effectively, any sentimental metaphor is cheesy. It is what you do with your newly acquired cheese that's important. In this case, it adds some more to the character of Benchguy, it furthers the relationship between Emily and Benchguy and the tranquility of the bench scenes overall do well to let you breathe in between the scenes of cartoony uber-violence.

I am so good at this analysing stuff.

Who the fuck walks repeatedly around someone while trying to intimidate someone? What are they, a motorcycle gang?

QUIT RUNNIN BITCH. USE YOUR MIND POWERS!!!111

So I don't get it. She can use her mind powers when she's like... killing people for funsies, but when she's in danger, she resorts to her BOOK IT power?

Please explain, Jesse. Please explain.

NoTroll:

So I don't get it. She can use her mind powers when she's like... killing people for funsies, but when she's in danger, she resorts to her BOOK IT power?

Yeah, I was sort of wondering about that too. The Emily we've come to know would have given them a mental dissecting at the drop of a hat.

Wow that was a very cool episode, i am a fan now actually they are all good idc what the flaws are i like them as long as there is action i don't care...but i don't get how she stood up for that one guy being picked by those 2 other guys and then the guy smacks her and then 2 more come out what's with that?
I mean it was so planned out but what if she didn't come would they of done it anyways? Well i am angry not at u but the fact he was part of it they all deserved to die *idc what color they are ether if they white they still deserve it* God Bless and can't wait for part 5, and sorry i talk alot :p

Copter400:

NoTroll:

Yeah, I was sort of wondering about that too. The Emily we've come to know would have given them a mental dissecting at the drop of a hat.

It's hard to say without giving away the structure as a whole. I will say that Emily is there to get away from reality (as per her voice over). She doesn't 100 percent want to get involved in the first place - ie which does not come in swinging. Also IMO there hasn't been any real violence yet so none needed on her part either.

The fighting in the episode look great, especially as she slashes the guy in the red jacket. Use of strong colors and proper editing really livens things up compared to when she sliced the poor the guy in episode 2.

Marissa's voice works great while she is supposed to sound bitter and angry in the narration, but when she was trying to sound confused and vurnerable it didn't click with me.

Bench man is sounding better, but his lines still feel a little bit off. But he definately does add a nice bit of sanity into the mix, I definately can empathise with his need of peacefullness.

Also, is it just me or does the wolf look like the one in Okami?

sammyfreak:
The fighting in the episode look great, especially as she slashes the guy in the red jacket. Use of strong colors and proper editing really livens things up compared to when she sliced the poor the guy in episode 2.

Marissa's voice works great while she is supposed to sound bitter and angry in the narration, but when she was trying to sound confused and vurnerable it didn't click with me.

Bench man is sounding better, but his lines still feel a little bit off. But he definately does add a nice bit of sanity into the mix, I definately can empathise with his need of peacefullness.

Also, is it just me or does the wolf look like the one in Okami?

I'm sure Erica would take that as a compliment as she loves Okami - although a wolf is a wolf is a wolf :)

Inner Darkness:
Wow that was a very cool episode, i am a fan now actually they are all good idc what the flaws are i like them as long as there is action i don't care...but i don't get how she stood up for that one guy being picked by those 2 other guys and then the guy smacks her and then 2 more come out what's with that?
I mean it was so planned out but what if she didn't come would they of done it anyways? Well i am angry not at u but the fact he was part of it they all deserved to die *idc what color they are ether if they white they still deserve it* God Bless and can't wait for part 5, and sorry i talk alot :p

NP at all - talking is good :)

Glad you are digging it my friend,

-Jes

Drakey:
Hello, sooo, Im really liking it, yet I can only watch it in the right mood. (as anything I suppose, its not very lite reading). I reitterate, I really like it. So far, concept is here, cross overs from realms of mind and spirit are now forces in our quaint world of light. The emotional ditress thing isnt whats keeping me hanging here. Im looking for the connections of the Drawings and the the 'real' world.

To make the real world believable an inkling of reason needs to be present, and a consistant one for all situations. For example, fight club, In the end its all the same guy, but till the end the evidence of that although is right there, is so very subtle.

Im crossin my fingers here, Whats the connection. Bodys lying around, an almost Vigilantee protagonist on the rise.

Looking forward to more!!

Thx for the kind words and I hope your questions get answered too! :)

-Jes

Jackpot:
</cheeseburger>

Thx Jack - I do love me some cheeseburgers :)

-Jes

DGKT93:
nothing short of awesome!

Shanks dood!

Kam10:
hey whats the song at begining

"EDIT"
i mean intro music

Intro music was done by Matt Sisco - he wrote it for the film :)

-Jes

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here