Drawn By Pain: Episode Five Commentary

Episode Five Commentary

Jesse Cowell interviews Guy Rader, long time friend and co-star of "Drawn by Pain" about how the project came to be and all the odd randomness in-between.

Good Interview. I liked the cuts to the older movies. You guys should have gotten a PS3. Whats up with that ring tone. I was like the commentary it makes me think that you are really into your work and I think alot of people apperciate it.Thanks.

that guy is teh smex

My favorite commentary yet. Love the personalities.

Nice work with the commentary and the episode, great to see the cast behind the film. You guys all rock. Cant wait for episode and commentary number 6 :)

P.S (Yay Oblivion, great game if not slightly repetative)

As good as Drawn by Pain is getting, the commentaries are better. Find a way to put that dance in the movie and I might change my mind. Also: Morrowind > Oblivion.

I definitely enjoyed this commentary the best so far.. had some really good insight and feedback on the process from Guy, but also more laughs than I have had for any of the other commentary. Very cool and looking forward to more episodes and more commentaries!

Dante_Alucard:
Good Interview. I liked the cuts to the older movies. You guys should have gotten a PS3. Whats up with that ring tone. I was like the commentary it makes me think that you are really into your work and I think alot of people apperciate it.Thanks.

I am very passionate about making what I can this and am always thankful to anyone for taking a look at all :)

-Jes

Xwii360:
that guy is teh smex

lol he sure is!

Teleios:
My favorite commentary yet. Love the personalities.

Thx Tel!!!

savandicus:
Nice work with the commentary and the episode, great to see the cast behind the film. You guys all rock. Cant wait for episode and commentary number 6 :)

P.S (Yay Oblivion, great game if not slightly repetative)

Thx Sav!

Easykill:
As good as Drawn by Pain is getting, the commentaries are better. Find a way to put that dance in the movie and I might change my mind. Also: Morrowind > Oblivion.

It's very hard as both are so different in genres to compare. In the future I may do another on camera reality type thingy show man dood webisode. BUT for now I'm happy with the series and the commentary - just soooooooo different.

Thx for taking a look,

-Jes

Cheshire_Cat:
I definitely enjoyed this commentary the best so far.. had some really good insight and feedback on the process from Guy, but also more laughs than I have had for any of the other commentary. Very cool and looking forward to more episodes and more commentaries!

Woohoo! :)

Xwii360:
that guy is teh smex

I take this as a compliment. I think. This is Guy Rader, by the way. I've actually been an Escapist reader for a long time but I comment not, lest I ignite a flamewar.

Thanks a ton for the nice comments, it's really cool to see the feedback.

In response to Easykill - I tried to dig up my copy of Morrowind, thinking how little time I spent on it vs. Oblivion and also thinking that it might actually run super awesome on my SLI machine that inexplicably isn't as awesome as I thought it might be when I bought it.

~Guy

Gyrader, I just wanted to say, I thought your interview was awesome and I sincerely hope I see you get some cool acting gigs. I'm totally picturing you as like the lead in The Big Lebowski for some reason, don't ask me to explain it, I blame my subconscious. That or as one of the character's in a film like Grandma's Boy, because I really like your stylish sense of humor. "I can't believe you came on my mom."

As far as Drawn By Pain goes, if you have seen any of my comments, I am really hoping your character turns out to be this series version of the Professor Xavier or something like that, a wise, kind, and super mental powered bad ass, where as I see the main character more like Psylocke, Emma Frost, or Jean Grey turning into Dark Phoenix.

CanadianWolverine:
Gyrader, I just wanted to say, I thought your interview was awesome and I sincerely hope I see you get some cool acting gigs. I'm totally picturing you as like the lead in The Big Lebowski for some reason, don't ask me to explain it, I blame my subconscious. That or as one of the character's in a film like Grandma's Boy, because I really like your stylish sense of humor. "I can't believe you came on my mom."

As far as Drawn By Pain goes, if you have seen any of my comments, I am really hoping your character turns out to be this series version of the Professor Xavier or something like that, a wise, kind, and super mental powered bad ass, where as I see the main character more like Psylocke, Emma Frost, or Jean Grey turning into Dark Phoenix.

Haha, awesome, thanks for the comments. I, too, want to be that type of character...and in a certain perspective, without giving anything away, Douglas does embody some of those abilities. As I said on the episode comment board, we've attempted to create an atypical superhero movie that relies on story and cinematography over the "wow" factor of non-stop superhero-ism. A lot, I think, you'll find occurs in the unspoken areas where you, the viewer/audience is allowed to fill-in-the-blanks, which is something that (I feel) doesn't occur in modern cinema very often. I'm a big fan of not condescending to the viewer and having to "explain" everything, and I think the series does a good job of allowing the audience to exercise their imagination without depriving them of the important elements of storytelling.

Of course, you, the viewer, are the best judge of that. We do very much appreciate the feedback, support and conjecture. It's great to share in the creative process of the viewer inasmuch as we attempted to execute it in developing and producing the film.

Cheers,
~Guy

Benchguy=Coolest character ever.

Guy, I did not need to see the footage of you doing pelvic thrusts.

Copter400:
Guy, I did not need to see the footage of you doing pelvic thrusts.

lol

Guy Rader is definenetly the coolest name I have ever heard.
^
My spellchecker appear not not have defineatly in it so I can't spellcheck that.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here