Review: Ninja Gaiden II

Review: Ninja Gaiden II

The Ninja Gaiden franchise comes to a close with Ninja Gaiden II for the Xbox 360, but does it go out with a bang or a whimper?

Read Full Article

Good review.

I can't say I missed the hair-pulling frustration of older games, but I did miss jumping out of my seat, trash talking the television as I threw my controller onto the ground after finally beating a boss.

What? Was that just me?

On a slightly related note: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jluv2HxFEqs

Would other people agree that this game is easier than the last game on the Xbox? Haven't had a chance to play it yet, still distracted by MGS4.

Eagle Est1986:
Would other people agree that this game is easier than the last game on the Xbox? Haven't had a chance to play it yet, still distracted by MGS4.

Ayuh.

"Ninja Gaiden Black" for the Xbox is one of the best games i've ever played, and certainly the best slashy game ever made. It's really, really hard, and that's the best part.

I was completely psyched for NG2, but apparently it's riddled with flaws, which is really disappointing. I with they'd port "Sigma" to the 360, a nice graphical update to the old one would be nice, should NG2 disappoint when i play it.

He didn't mention the whacked out cave level or the rocket launcher bullshit? odd

eggdog14:

I was completely psyched for NG2, but apparently it's riddled with flaws, which is really disappointing.

It doesn't really have any flaws that the original didn't.

Xwii360:
He didn't mention the whacked out cave level or the rocket launcher bullshit? odd

He did mention that there will be times where you will need to continue. Alot.

Karisse:
I can't say I missed the hair-pulling frustration of older games, but I did miss jumping out of my seat, trash talking the television as I threw my controller onto the ground after finally beating a boss.

What? Was that just me?

No, that wasn't just you. Defeating some bosses was indeed a glorious feat.

I found this to actually be more difficult than the last because I felt they took away a part of what I loved about the last Ninja Gaiden. In the previous and all its recreations, it was a truly challenging game, but it could be overcome. Almost everything that enemies had to throw at you could be blocked, countered, or dodged depending on the attack. Ninja Gaiden II greatly increased the amount of unblockable attacks and grabs, which can be especially troublesome when the camera doesn't allow you to get any kind of functional view of the battle. I think they actually took it from "I should have done X here instead of Y" to "WTF? What am I supposed to do about that?"

Another thing I noticed was that Ninja Gaiden Sigma actually looks better than Ninja Gaiden 2.
A game that is over a year old looks better than the sequel?
WTF?

BleachedBlind:
I found this to actually be more difficult than the last because I felt they took away a part of what I loved about the last Ninja Gaiden. In the previous and all its recreations, it was a truly challenging game, but it could be overcome. Almost everything that enemies had to throw at you could be blocked, countered, or dodged depending on the attack. Ninja Gaiden II greatly increased the amount of unblockable attacks and grabs, which can be especially troublesome when the camera doesn't allow you to get any kind of functional view of the battle. I think they actually took it from "I should have done X here instead of Y" to "WTF? What am I supposed to do about that?"

But The Don't have going up agenist Undead archers..... up a samll path and falling and go back up as they RESPAWN.....Good times

Accurate review I can't ssay I disagree with anything that the reviewer said. I will say though that the trick to NG is learning how to work with the camera.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here