Zero Punctuation: LEGO Indy

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Yahtzee, did you just wake up one morning about a month ago and decide that you didn't want to be funny anymore. Insulting that which you used to admire, making lewd hand gestures when you used to make biting comments and basically just trying too hard is making these reviews less and less entertaining. It really has gotten to the point where it seems unlikely at best that you will ever recover.

I'm gonna find you and steal your hat one day.

For me, Lego Indiana Jones shares the same fun as Crackdown: Pissing off your friend by repeatedly blowing him up with a rocket launcher

I do not know why people miss the old intro so much. Some say it adds humor to the review, but I never found myself laughing at the music when I first hear it.

The ads at the end never bother me. I just stop the video and move on and should all of you as well.

Love the music of the intro and the intro itself. I also think Yathzee has recovered his power of making his vieÁdeos funny, i literealy laghued my ass of. XD

Russian_Assassin:
Was I the only one who almost died at the "Crystal Skull" review???

NO, that review was PERFECT! I was crying while watching it!!

Glad to see that some of you guys are liking the new intro music, anyway. :)

Heheh, I enjoyed that new intro. Brilliant review, as well-- you really hit the nail on the head.

i actually like the new intro sequence compared to old.anyway,great review as usual,loved the review of crystal skull.

@Moo64c: What the ****? You say you want him to play games "that people with a brain actually play"... yet you say you settle for CS. Major league contradiction :D ( CS is for people with no brain ).

@Yathzee: I would definitely stick with the old music choice. As we say in programming: do not fix what is not broken. The old music choice system had given the reviews a particular "note" hence removing it is not the wisest choice but after all it's your show.

Who Dares suggest there are more than 3 Indiana Jones movies?

I agree, for all it's faults, the game was fun. I thought that it had charm also.

(I would totally play Playmobil (Or Lego) Battlestar Galactica, provided it was the original, not that new tat.)

Drodgyn:
Yahtzee, did you just wake up one morning about a month ago and decide that you didn't want to be funny anymore. Insulting that which you used to admire, making lewd hand gestures when you used to make biting comments and basically just trying too hard is making these reviews less and less entertaining. It really has gotten to the point where it seems unlikely at best that you will ever recover.

WHat crawled up your butt? Yahtzee was amazing!

Good review, but I'm really not liking the new design.

The new music and credits are TERRIBLE!!! The clever musical choices added wonderful icing to the Yahtzee cake and now it just sucks; slapping you in the face like the first time you watched Star Trek: Enterprise and heard, "It's been a long road/Getting from there to here..."

For how long does he say that he's using the snippets of music under Fair Use only to turn around and subject us to generic nu-metal, X-Games theme reject "music"? With the addition of the post-show ads, it's clear the Escapist is planning on going more mainstream because that's what we want, another IGN (since we can't get to the old one anymore) and more synergy with the Big Money Media Folks, which is difficult if they think you're ganking copyrighted music.

Selling out FTL.

Ian Dorsch:
Glad to see that some of you guys are liking the new intro music, anyway. :)

Needs more cowbell

WTH Yahtzee!? Those musical selections was one of the best things about your reviews!

Hilarious as always Yahtzee, the New Intro is excellent, I think we will all miss the different music you did but the new intro is a much better quality and the music for it is awesome, at least it's something tasteful. Nice Indy 4 review at the end too :D

I have to say, I like the new intro. Then again, I'm only saying that because now I can watch ZP and be guaranteed to hear some music I'll like. Anyways, it sounds good and with the limited knowledge I have about making music, I would say a hell lot of work has gone into it, so cheers to whoever made it.

The episode itself is very funny indeed. Usualy, there are 2 or 3 parts that really stick out, but with this one, it's all very consistantly funny. And it is very funny. Perhaps this will become my new favorite episode (or do I need a older favorite episode to have a new one? Yeah, I think so).

emytzu:
Love the music of the intro and the intro itself. I also think Yathzee has recovered his power of making his vieÁdeos funny, i literealy laghued my ass of. XD

Now that's something I would like to see.

Pocket_Elf:

Drodgyn:
Yahtzee, did you just wake up one morning about a month ago
the point where it seems unlikely at best that you will ever recover.

WHat crawled up your butt? Yahtzee was amazing!

seconded.

Uh, I missed COMPLETELY the Indy4 review the first time around :)

I might have liked the new intro sequence had it not frozen on my computer into a big pile of mush. I like shiny things.

love the new action intro !!
and quite proud that there are only three indy movies, real ones that didn't suck and didn't have an indy who looked like he would crumble to dust if you hit him (or breathed on him too hard)
having said all that the motor bike scene in 'indiana the rip off thats there to take all your money you gullible twats (and maybe something about a crystal skull)' is funny (the bit in the library). however it wasn't enough to save the movie.
back to the games, I've always shared Yahtzee's catagorisation of the lego games, but know i might be some what compelled to go out and buy one, maybe,
so once again, the voice in the streets (mainly the gutters) speaks trueth
MORE PLEASE
(ps i should really stop ripping of Yahtzees whole sale in my responses, he just fires me up, just like that scene in Raiders when Indy is fighting the big german guy around the aeroplane)

Inriri:
Needs more cowbell

Doesn't everything?

Fuck

Yes

The new intro looks more professional in a "Cheaply retread every picture from previous reviews" sort of way and makes itself presentable.

For some reason, listening to you go on about the game this week made my brain fart, like how listening to a warbling trombone makes you think about something entirely different than what you just heard.

Highly accurate review this time around.

I agree with pretty much everything said... However (there always is one isn't there... and if not they what the hell am I writing this for?) as Yahtzhee touched on the most annoying things I would like to add:

The puzzles are interesting but not overly hard. It lends itself well to a bit of brain-pushups on a day after a wild bender run (ei. getting shit faced, porked, grilled, toasted and other synonyms for getting drunk.) If you enjoyed the movies chances are you will enjoy the game if nothing else then the funny little rewrites.

Oh on another note: the review of the newest Indy movie was fun if completely bullocks. A more correct review would be: Better then the second (but what wouldn't be) equal to the third and worse then the first (again what wouldn't be).

take care.

Interesting choice of themes. Was that created specifically for ZP?

haha, a Driller Killer reference! Bravo. Certainly one of the funnier reviews.

"making lewd hand gestures when you used to make biting comments..."

I agree, I didn't find the ending review to be funny at all. Leave that for AVGN, I watch ZP for whitty and intelligent humorous reviews.

DirkBelig:

Selling out FTL.

Whoops, that didn't take long!

Haha! Good show as always. Loved your Crystal Skull review.

great review, intro music was ok, but the montage was a bit much. A bit too pompous, as one would say.

I guess you're still yet to reach your prime, so you need to show a passage of time.

Who said you could have your own theme music? And don't give me that look.

GET BACK IN YOUR CARDBOARD BOX AND STAY THERE, YOUNG...WHATEVER YOU ARE. BAD.

This review seemed a bit better than the previous few, good work as always. Oh and nice review at the end :P

Great review, I may not scorn the Lego sh... *cough* excrement series now, as I have done in the past. However, I will probably wait to play the Lego-fuzzy felt Deep Space Nine crossover (not the rule thirty-four version I definitely do not rule thirty-six that kind of thing).

Oh yeah, 'Crystal Skull' was awesome, exactly like the ridiculous and entertaining previous three films. Yahtzee may have seen the films as kid, I saw them as a misanthropic angst-ridden teenager and forgot my cynicism for a few hours. Also, I believe George, Steve and Harry were making the film for their own personal enjoyment first; and they can because they have a lot of money.

Good review, matches up with my experience so far. Insert a whine about music here.

PiotrSkut87:
WTH Yahtzee!? Those musical selections was one of the best things about your reviews!

I expect he is getting popular enough that someone might come and say, "Hey, I rightfully cheated the rights to that music out of some mindless artist, give me money!"

The new intro -while under normal circumstances would be pretty cool as anything other than an intro I would say- made me uncomfortable. Im thinking kind of "Waynes World" style here. Other than that it was pretty good, since I wasnt expecting a lego-"movie" game to be reviewed, so it was a pleasent surprise.

Movies these days need more melting Nazis. Especially ones who look like Peter Lorre and scream like women.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here