Unforgotten Realms: Episode Five: R-O-A-M-I-N

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Darky24:

SirSchmoopy:

Darky24:
I liked it, not my favorate but it was enjoyable. My only issue is that Im wondering where this is all going (plot wise) and if theres any chance of making the episodes longer or more frequent. Two weeks is kind of a long time for little to no story progression, as much as I LOVE the series.

For one guy, no not really. In the future maybe but a 10 to 12 minute episode is already a big plate really once every two weeks. Doing once a week would really cramp the writing.

Thanks for the reply :D

I can understand that as one person its alot of hard work that goes into each episode and that creating each script (as long with getting ideas for jokes etc) is a long process which takes up probably the majority of time for projects. From my own expierence getting the idea and concept is the longest part. Once you know what your doing, its pretty straight forward.

My question is: Is there a pre-planned overlying story for season one?

Some what, but I am very fickle and somewhat completely redo episodes. I have a "plan" but how close I stick to it is well another story.

You know I've been thinking you should be taking as long as you want to do these episodes.

I can wait as long as each one turns out to be 30 minutes long I'm happy. Just a thought.

Kinda slow after the opening sequence but it RLY picked up i cant wait for the ogre scene!

Xwii360:
Kinda slow after the opening sequence but it RLY picked up i cant wait for the ogre scene!

Have you been stalking me. this is like the third or fith time I have seen you post after me.

JOE COOL:

Xwii360:

Have you been stalking me. this is like the third or fith time I have seen you post after me.

Look to your left

Xwii360:

JOE COOL:

Xwii360:

Look to your left

Your my wife? LOL.

yay a new another funny episode! kinda starting up where the old series ended. Well actually we have yet to see Guinsoo... 8]

Great episode just one question since Sir Schmoopy's body blew up does that mean he doesnt have the curses anymore since they were actualy put on his body and not on his soul?

As a huge fan of every episode so far, allow me to offer some constructive criticism on this one: The jokes, I thought, were very few and overused. The awkward silences got a little annoying by the third time, and the flashback thing was only funny a few of the times.

I also felt like I was missing something, since Rob was suddenly doing most of the GM'ing with little to no resistance. I get that's kind of the point, but I missed Mike's constant nagging which provided a lot of awesome moments in the first few episodes.

Roamin is awesome! this episode is awesome!

Lvl 64 Klutz:

I also felt like I was missing something, since Rob was suddenly doing most of the GM'ing with little to no resistance. I get that's kind of the point, but I missed Mike's constant nagging which provided a lot of awesome moments in the first few episodes.

I do different styles of humor and repetition is a big funny one for me. You might not enjoy it but thats just not your cup a tea as for a lot of people the joke doesn't even become funny till the 3rd or 4th time. Even when predictable it still gets a laugh.

As for the resistance? Theres an entire part of the episode about how you can't do optical illusions, Mike isn't suppose to argue over every little thing only the ones he thinks are so extreme it perverts the game too much. You are over thinking the show, step back and just watch and enjoy or you'll constantly find things "wrong" with it.

Loved it. Although I still liked a lot of the stuff from the old series more :/ Roamin's theme just doesn't have the same catchy ring to it anymore.

The wolf joke was hilarious.

LOL! I loved Schmoopy becomes a female wolf, the LumberJack Wizard and especially the Optical Illusions and flashbacks, as well as ROAMIN the crime-solving rank 11 paladin!
Over all 10/10!

Loved it.

A question to Rob: Any other plans for shows in the future?

Guys, I hate to tell you, but this thread is an optical illusion.

I really enjoy watching Rob turn table-top games on their heads ever episode,keep up the great work!

I laughed ridiculously hard for about a half an hour about the "optical illusions". Also, I like the no/loose plot thing, usually if there is a plot I can easily predict what coming next. This is quite possibly one of my favorite "any media form" thing, of all time. Please don't stop making this anytime soon.

Love it i can't wait for the next ep!! But i may have trouble though because I'm an optical illusion.....swaaa....

I'm really liking this series. kinda seems like some jokes are used too many times though (schmoopy exploding, the flashbacks). I want to see something epic and hilarious come of the Timmy the Evil thing. So far, the even numbered episodes are great to me while the odd numbered ones are kind of not so great.

The blank face joke was hilarious.

That was sooo funny
The totally not an optical illusion ogre :D

god you are brilliant. i loved this episode, i laughed so haqrd i nearly cried when he said they were optical illusions and also at the look on mikes face in response to "flashbacks are4 awesome and mike is a fag" fucking great stuff keep up the good work!

how long did this one take you to make?

du4l1ty:
The blank face joke was hilarious.

yeah it was, just shows that sometimes the best joke has no words at all.

They sould have waited and put sir schmoopy in the ogre XD. Ah well, their idiocy is what keeps it funny :P.

Keep up the good work, and awesome episodes.

Why wasn't Johnny credited as the Animator in the credits?

Is it because he is only am optical illusion.....

This is quickly becoming my favorite show. I'm starting to enjoy it even more than Zero Punctuation. Really good stuff, keep it up.

Do you plan on releasing the first season on dvd? Because I would so buy one.

thedrop2zer0:
This is quickly becoming my favorite show. I'm starting to enjoy it even more than Zero Punctuation. Really good stuff, keep it up.

Do you plan on releasing the first season on dvd? Because I would so buy one.

i agree and yeh a dvd in the future would be bad ass ^^

I know you probably don't even need me singing your praises to know it, but this show is awesome! I absolutely love it, like... way more than I probably should. It would be the highlight of my two weeks were it not for a special someone who makes my life :P

Yes thats right, I compared my feelings for this show to actual love... whatcha gonna do about it?!

Man, rob.. This one is good. It is my favorite so far, it is even better than anny of the old ones.. I love how the judge goes " What the hell was that? I just painted the office last week!"

Didja ever notice the kind of drunken sway all the characters seem to have? At first I ignored it the same way I'd ignore real actors breathing during a movie, then I realized it must be done on purpose.

I think this series encourages serious alcoholic behavior.

On a darker note, how did this episode manage to get played without a 7 minute ad tacked on the end like ZP? I blame dark voodoo magic and democrats.

JOE COOL:

Xwii360:

JOE COOL:

Xwii360:

Look to your left

Your my wife? LOL.

Clever mask eh? YOu don't wanna know how hard it was to get the tits right...

Is that a banhammer coming at me?

Xwii360:

JOE COOL:

Xwii360:

JOE COOL:

Xwii360:

Look to your left

Your my wife? LOL.

Clever mask eh? YOu don't wanna know how hard it was to get the tits right...

Is that a banhammer coming at me?

Hmm.......................................................yes I think so, maybe not.

i liked it but the theme song from Roamin wasn't that very great, rather liked the old one it was more catchy.

i don't think you're allowed to be a Paladin and be that egotistical at the same time... I think it goes against the Paladin's code or something.

Funny episode!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or