Kung Fu Grip: The Final Final Fantasy

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Wow! There was not a single falsehood within that entire video. Random Battles were enough to make me drop a game for months at a time. And they weren't even random! You oculd TIME how long it took to get to the next one.

And who can deny how much Final Fantasy 8's design just sucked. I was really drawn in by the story, and then the fighting and inventory setup made me just break the game and eat the remains. Surprisingly less painful.

To be honest i wasent really into the first 2 KFG segments. but this was frikin' awsome.

on a side note i personaly did enjoy FFXII but that bit was funny none the less.

omg!!! this is hilarious! i freakin luv it!!

RentCavalier:
...Final Fantasy XII didn't suck...

Compared to X-2 is was a masterpiece. It was definitely 'different', though I enjoyed it.

I also enjoyed this episode, it was 'effing hilarious! Good job, guys!

Well, there certainly are better series out there, and it still comes off as a cheap Robot Chicken clone, but I have to admit, this was good.

It wasn't laugh out loud funny, but it was certainly humorous, and better than anything VGT has ever produced.

So, good job.

KenzS:
Loved it. I doubt there isn't a single Final Fantasy player out there who wouldnt want to bone the female characters :P

Which ones were the females? All the lead male characters look very, very feminine.

Funny, clever, TRUE, and all around well done. A clever commentary. well done special effects.

Gahars:
...and it still comes off as a cheap Robot Chicken clone...

I see how you would think that, but Robot Chicken uses stop-motion while KFG just has the figures there, live. Plus, I believe Robot Chicken started after the Fine Bros. started their first action figure videos. The only reason it comes off as some sort of "clone" is because Robot Chicken is on TV and the Fine Bros. work isn't.

It still basically amazes me what action figures you guys have. Neeeeeeerds.

I am Ogre.

I loved it, it made me chuckle.

I can't help but notice everybody's neglect at the correct spelling of a certain character.

It's Aeris, not Aerith, unless I'm mistaken (and please tell me if I am) Aerith was the Kingdom Hearts rip off.

But, perhaps it was Aerith in another version?

*Edit* Otherwise, this was very awesome =D

Fall over funny...old school gags meeting the new world..hilarious

PhrozenFox:
I can't help but notice everybody's neglect at the correct spelling of a certain character.

It's Aeris, not Aerith, unless I'm mistaken (and please tell me if I am) Aerith was the Kingdom Hearts rip off.

From Wikipedia:

Aerith's original Japanese name is エアリス (Earisu). This has been transliterated to "Aeris" in Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy Tactics, but later as "Aerith". Both transliterations have basis, as the Japanese "su" (ス) is used when transcribing "s" (/s/) and "th" (/θ/) to Japanese. However, official Japanese materials were using the spelling "Aerith", and developers have stated that the name in roman alphabet was (almost) an anagram of the English word "Earth", thus confirming that the intended spelling was indeed "Aerith".

Break:

jambodavid1:
I laughed so hard when aki ross showed up...and then promptly was finalized...

"I'd rather die than be saved by a character from the movie" was the best line in the whole thing.

I couldn't agree more...that whole thing was ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!!! "Even I the great 'Sephiroth'" and the "...no one puts girls in their party" or better..."my game only allowed three characters"...oh the list goes on! I'm a huge Final Fantasy freak, and this video was one of your best boys! GREAT JOB!!!

Yeah well... This one certanly kicked the ass out of their other two movies, keep it up fellas ;)

LOL!!! I loved it! It was freakin hilarious... i can't wait to see what you have in store next =0D =0D This is a very unique way of making videos! I'll keep my eyes peeled, soldiers!

Very funny keep them up.

I loved this one, you guys surprised me. I now look forward to more! Maybe I'll check your previous non-game vids too >_>

Favorite line: "Yeah, why don't you guys just start another band!"

Awesome.

Still shit.

Indigo_Dingo:
Still shit.

What didn't you like? Just curious.

Redfield85:

Indigo_Dingo:
Still shit.

I feel that the actual ideas seem relatively lazy, while relying simply on violence rather than the correct use of juxtaposition to convey a humorous situation.

Indigo_Dingo:

Redfield85:

Indigo_Dingo:
Still shit.

I feel that the actual ideas seem relatively lazy, while relying simply on violence rather than the correct use of juxtaposition to convey a humorous situation.

I got a good laugh out of what you said here Indigo_Dingo because your opinion so humorously juxtaposes one of my favorite definitions of humor which is "a message whose incongruity has the power to evoke laughter." And I guess you made me laugh because your opinion is so very incongruous with every one else's opinion.

It's shit because it's really basic humor. The only jokes are that there are final fantasy character action figures acting like retards. Its the same problem robot chicken has, there are NO JOKES, just a premise.

EDIT: Ok there ARE jokes, only if you count saying a game sucks is a joke, or pointing out age old flaws in games is a joke. It's like if I said "hahaha E.T. was a bad game" and you guys all jump on it like thats such a new and clever thing that we should laugh at.

Hehe, quite hilarious actualy.

Loved the the second girl appeareance and when pronaunced his name Sepiroth.

I didn't like Kung Fu grip at first but I have to say that this was pretty damn funny. It's still very childish and basic humour but who cares when it's this hilarious! Can't wait for the next one.

Chasington:
It's shit because it's really basic humor. The only jokes are that there are final fantasy character action figures acting like retards. Its the same problem robot chicken has, there are NO JOKES, just a premise.

EDIT: Ok there ARE jokes, only if you count saying a game sucks is a joke, or pointing out age old flaws in games is a joke. It's like if I said "hahaha E.T. was a bad game" and you guys all jump on it like thats such a new and clever thing that we should laugh at.

I agree with this, but I was so taken aback by the ability of the creators to actually keep the steam up in the acting that I hardly noticed.

It's hard to argue with popular opinion, people like to cling to the ideal that the majority is right, nevertheless even if a hundred people swear by something false it certainly does not make their opinion more valid than one person with a more accurate view.

I'm not that one person, I'm very biased.

This is a crude form of humor, the few decent jokes within it have been been done many times before, great if you haven't heard them yet but I'm one of those people who has by some magical occurrence actually heard or seen a joke about random encounters before, holy leaping jesus.

"The down of birds is a layer of fine feathers found under the tougher exterior feathers." A phoenix is a bird, in most Final Fantasy games the item is depicted as a red or otherwise fiery coloured feather.

The problem with this kind of humor is it either incites laughter, being that the person takes the murdering of beloved characters in jest or it incites anger because for some reason some people don't think random killing is funny, what a crazy lot those people are. The only part I found moderately funny was sephiroth's egomania, but by that point I was half bored half annoyed too much to care.

Plenty of female characters are useful in the final fantasy games, and plenty of the male ones aren't; take vincent for example.

Why bother writing all this? on vacation and bored, and you &%#@ing killed Aeris! @#$hole!

that...was...brilliant!

that was just flat out epic!

SeaCalMaster:

PhrozenFox:

From Wikipedia:

Aerith's original Japanese name is エアリス (Earisu). This has been transliterated to "Aeris" in Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy Tactics, but later as "Aerith". Both transliterations have basis, as the Japanese "su" (ス) is used when transcribing "s" (/s/) and "th" (/θ/) to Japanese. However, official Japanese materials were using the spelling "Aerith", and developers have stated that the name in roman alphabet was (almost) an anagram of the English word "Earth", thus confirming that the intended spelling was indeed "Aerith".

I just barely understood that LOL

Thanks =)

[quote=TenjinHaze] "The down of birds is a layer of fine feathers found under the tougher exterior feathers." A phoenix is a bird, in most Final Fantasy games the item is depicted as a red or otherwise fiery coloured feather. [quote]

See? That's one interpretation! I always thought that "Pheonix Down" was a way of saying "Dead Pheonix" in badly translated Japanese. And when a Pheonix dies, it comes right back to life, hence the restorative uses of the item.

I would disagree with a great deal of your points (and many of the other posters) about the humor. Jokes don't have to follow the plot/setting -> punchline equation. Irony and sarcasm are both ways to point out a humorous situation without the tedious and brainless "Road Crossing Chicken" that too many try to emulate.

Oh (not to you, but to the people just crawling out of the ooze of life), and mindless violence and random cursing doesn't make something funny. It has to be relatable and allow the use of more the most limited of brain cells. Having something hit a persons testicles is not ALWAYS FUNNY (America's funniest Home Videos!!!!)

This is a nice one. Enjoyed it.

"As long as Vaan never speaks"

"We can agree to that!"

I enjoyed it, a little bit overarching and falacious in certain areas but still plenty funny.

Chuck Norris should have came and saved the day D:

haha the lines was just brilliant

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook